Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:24 PM

612 posts, read 844,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
There's the regular season... and then there's the post season.

The choke artists reveal themselves come playoff time.
Fixed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 02:27 PM

612 posts, read 844,395 times

Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times
▲▲▲

Timmy was pretty hard on himself about this miss. When interviewed, he said missing this layup was worse than Game 6 choke job.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Fixed
Let me guess... Heat "fan"?

Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
I'll give Timmy a pass for that miss, given his body of work. How many times did LeBron choke...or rather disappear..during key games? Stuff happens, shots miss. Even the best of them.

If I was a ballclub owner, I would be making offerings every day to the Basketball Gods for being blessed with a frickin 38 year old who can still ball with the best. It's like driving a Honda Civic, it can keep going even at 150,000 miles.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:17 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Lebron has gained confidence in becoming a closer mainly because he realized that he has a talented and deep supporting cast. In 2011, he and the Heat were already a championship caliber club but they couldn't figure out what to do in the most important time in playoff games: the final five. Much like the Bulls of the late 80s. That's what separates NBA finals teams (runner ups) from Champions.

OKC has the same issue though this year, their exit will be attributable to injuries, just like last year, which is a shame. You hate to see a team lose because of losing a star player like Ibaka. I'm not sure they'd be SA anyway, but they'd at least go down swinging. I'd be surprised if it takes more than 5 games for SA to take out OKC now though.

I also think that the development of Leonard's game is going to be a major factor in the Finals, whether it's against the Heat or Indiana, and I would not rule out the possibility of a Pacers upset at this point. I've been a Spurs skeptic ever since 2009 but this year is the year I think they finally get it done and send Duncan out in style.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM

78,451 posts, read 60,652,129 times
It takes a special kind of obtuse thinking to cherry pick a guys 16+ years in the NBA for things to label him a choke artist over....especially from when the guy is 37.

It would be like trying to label Kobe a choke artist because of his horrible 4th quarters during the OKC playoff series a few years back.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
OKC has the same issue though this year, their exit will be attributable to injuries, just like last year, which is a shame. You hate to see a team lose because of losing a star player like Ibaka. I'm not sure they'd be SA anyway, but they'd at least go down swinging.
Amen. Amen. Amen........

I'm really disappointed that the past few years we haven't gotten to see 2 of the better teams in the league when healthy (Chicago, OKC) at least play at full strength win or lose.

It's made what should be competitive playoff series turn into zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

NOt that I think Chicago or OKC would have made the finals, I just want to see a fight instead of a beating.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
OKC will still go down fighting. I actually see the series going 7 games. As long as they have Durant and Knucklehead, things will be competitive though by no means can they do a two man show and hope to win. At the same time, I do expect the team to step up at some point in the series, hence my prediction above. The pressure is even more now on the Spurs to take care of business since Ibaka isn't there. I, too, would have loved to see a full OKC squad vs. SA. I want to see a true revenge match, without an asterisk for injury. At the same time, it is what it is and the Spurs need to take whatever's given to them.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
OKC will still go down fighting. I actually see the series going 7 games. As long as they have Durant and Knucklehead, things will be competitive though by no means can they do a two man show and hope to win. At the same time, I do expect the team to step up at some point in the series, hence my prediction above. The pressure is even more now on the Spurs to take care of business since Ibaka isn't there. I, too, would have loved to see a full OKC squad vs. SA. I want to see a true revenge match, without an asterisk for injury. At the same time, it is what it is and the Spurs need to take whatever's given to them.
We'll see. I personally doubt 7 games....I think 5 is more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball