Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

I didn't have the NBA League Pass and did not see any of the games and I just find it surprising that OKC went into San Antonio and beat the spurs twice. Was Tony Parker in all 4 games? The fact that the spurs have such a good bench is why I am surprised the spurs lost all 4 games. This is why the OKC/Spurs matchup is so intriguing because the Thunder have to start the series in San Antonio and will have to try and split.

NOTE: Not sure how serious Tony Parker's injury is but if he can't play then I don't give the spurs a chance of winning at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 11:13 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
There's the regular season... and then there's the post season.

Teams tend to play differently in both.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:06 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
I think OKC is a team that was built to take on the Spurs. After all, the GM is from the SA coaching/executive tree. They have a few players on there that give the Spurs problems (Safolofsha and Ibaka), moreso than Durant and Knucklehead.

JJG is right, though. That's the regular season. The playoffs are different, especially when they have revenge on their minds. Despite all the niceties, the Spurs remember the thumping they took earlier. They realize that OKC stands in their way and they're gonna have to show that they still have some fight. The Grizzlies were repaid nicely last year for what they had done earlier, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the Conference Finals.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:50 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
And keep in mind, OKC hasn't advanced YET....

Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And keep in mind, OKC hasn't advanced YET....
They win tonight by 13 or more

Old 05-16-2014, 12:14 AM

431 posts, read 929,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
There's the regular season... and then there's the post season.

Teams tend to play differently in both.
This.

Granted I would have preferred to go against the clips in the WCF. We always seem to have match up issues with OKC. Just one of those teams that has our number for some reason. Should be an interesting series.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,391 times
They are gonna be shorthanded with Ibakas injury, I say Spurs in 6, Go Spurs GO!!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 AM

561 posts, read 1,180,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyParker View Post
They are gonna be shorthanded with Ibakas injury, I say Spurs in 6, Go Spurs GO!!
When the playoffs started I picked the Thunder to win it all. But they are a much weaker team without Ibaka, especially on defense; remember, he's the league leader in blocked shots. With him in the lineup their D (esp interior D) is one of the best in the league; without him they become very average, and are especially vulnerable around the basket.

Ibaka is also one of the few players who can effectively guard Duncan one-on-one; without him the Thunder have absolutely no one who can stop him one-on-one. They'll probably have to go with Nick Collison, who's decent, but probably can't do anything to limit Duncan in the low-post.

With no one to guard Duncan and no one to protect the basket, I also see the Spurs taking it in 6. Then, hopefully they'll do what they should've done last season: win it all!

That said, I'd be happy if any of the remaining teams win except the Heat I hate that spoiled brat Lebron. I'd like to see the Spurs get another championship, but can live with it if it's the Pacers or Thunder.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Duncan is just flat out amazing. Seriously. At 38 years old, he still can't be ignored. While he doesn't command double teams anymore, he's still a legitimate threat. He is my favorite player.

Spurs - Heat Rematch. That's what I want!!

Old 05-20-2014, 02:12 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times
Spurs were also swept by the Houston Rockets....how...? I am not exactly sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball