Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:08 PM

346 posts, read 352,092 times

Advertisements

1 and 2 are very clearly LeBron and Durant. 3 isn't as clear cut. You have Melo, CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Love who all have cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I know it was a little premature, but I hope that I was prophetic in my ranking. Only time will tell.
I can see him doing it, he's already very very good.....I just didn't think he's quite top 3 yet.

I absolutely don't think he's hit his ceiling yet.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:43 PM

939 posts, read 796,172 times
Yes, Labron and Kevin are the best two. The third best is a good ? Possibly Chris Paul, Paul George, or even Damian Lillard.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:57 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,764 times
For the third best player how about Kwahi Leonard? The numbers may not say it, but the numbers can lie too. I know the Spurs won by committee this year. But Leonard's defense is some of the best perimeter defending you will find in the league. Defensively he's right up there with LeBron and Paul George.

Defense is half the game. A host of players can score points. In fact we over-reward offense. There are not many two way players in the game anymore. And Leonard could score just as many points as other big name players if he was given the chance. The Spurs just don't run an offense that lends to one guy scoring a high a volume of points every night.

Plus, playoff performance matters. The best players in the league perform in May and June. Clearly Leonard fits the bill in that regard as well.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:55 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
For the third best player how about Kwahi Leonard? The numbers may not say it, but the numbers can lie too. I know the Spurs won by committee this year. But Leonard's defense is some of the best perimeter defending you will find in the league. Defensively he's right up there with LeBron and Paul George.

Defense is half the game. A host of players can score points. In fact we over-reward offense. There are not many two way players in the game anymore. And Leonard could score just as many points as other big name players if he was given the chance. The Spurs just don't run an offense that lends to one guy scoring a high a volume of points every night.

Plus, playoff performance matters. The best players in the league perform in May and June. Clearly Leonard fits the bill in that regard as well.
Leonard was 2nd team behind both Chris Paul and Paul George on 1st team.

While he is a heckuva player....it's a stretch to call a guy that has never even made 3rd team all-nba a top 3 player in the league. Maybe in a few years, but right now it's extremely premature.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:02 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,098,720 times
I'm as big a spurs fan as there is, and kawhi is quickly becoming one to watch, he's nowhere near a top 10 guy let alone a top3 guy.
Honestly I don't see him ever breaking top 10. MAYBE top 15.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:17 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,463,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post

This is precisely why I said Paul George for my 3. I tend to value defense more than offense as well. You sure do make a good case for Kawhi Leonard, and that's hard to do considering the epitome of a team the Spurs were this last season. Joakim Noah should be considered too if we're looking at defense, but I'm more keen on perimeter defenders than someone who dominates the paint. Players like Paul George and Kawhi Leonard still haven't reached their full potential yet, and I imagine they will be in more people's top 3 in the near future. Kawhi will be the guy in San Antonio in a couple of seasons (assuming he stays and continues his progress), and it'll be interesting to see what he does with that opportunity.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,276,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMalestrom View Post
1) Lebron James: Duh! Clearly the best overall by far.

2) Chris Paul: I rate him above Durant and Westbrook because I think he's a more consistent and complete player. Durant is a fantastic scorer, but an average defender and passer. When Westbrook is on his game he's a great all-around player, but he's inconsistent.

3) Kevin Durant: It was tough for me to decide between him and Westbrook. While I think Westbrook is probably a more complete player -if nothing else he's better defensively- Durant is more consistent. Durant will score at least 20+ almost every game, while Westbrook seems to have more peaks and valleys, both in terms of scoring and distribution. Sometimes he jacks up bad shots even when nothing is falling.
Paul is not even the best player on his team anymore Blake was better last year so I would not put him in my top 3. My top 3 would be

Lebron
Durant
Griffin

Old 08-10-2014, 08:25 PM

266 posts, read 286,785 times
1. Kevin Durant
2. LeBron James
3. Russell Westbrook

Old 08-10-2014, 08:52 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,098,720 times
Ok there is NO WAY Westbrook is the 3rd best player in the nba. If he was the thunder would be THE best team in the league. Period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball