Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 AM

50 posts, read 34,515 times

Advertisements

Lakers would be a top 4 team if they trade Randle and Clarkson for DMC from Sacramento and then sign LMA or Love. A team of Russell, Kobe, Love or LMA, and DMC may just be good enough to beat teams like LAC, HOU, MEM, and NOP even though I still doubt it but is still inferior to GSW, SAS, and OKC. Russell and Kobe wouldn't make a huge impact on the roster next year because Russell will be a rookie so averaging 15-20 ppg is out of the question and Kobe is really bad and inefficient volume shooter now but Love or LMA and DMC could carry the offensive and defensive load for the team to keep them relevant.

Otherwise sorry to break it to you, if that doesn't happen then you're destined for the lottery again next year. Your best hopes is trading for DMC right now before sitting down with LMA because he is not leaving a contender, $30 million, 5 years, and becoming public enemy #1 at the Moda Center to join a struggling Lakers team that cant make the playoffs even with him. Lakers need another max guy like DMC to pair with LMA right now to be relevant again. If you can't do that then you've failed.

And please, spare us the they want to live in LA garbage. LMA also lives in Dallas in the offseason where he owns a bigger and more expensive home. He spends his breaks during the reg season in Dallas btw. Doesn't mean he's going to the Mavs. Guys like him own 2-3 houses and can just live anywhere in the offseason. Doesn't mean he's moving to LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 AM

653 posts, read 783,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
I'm sorry but a team of Russell, Kobe, Randle, LMA, Hill, Clarkson and Young is not a lottery bound team. That's a way better roster than the Pelicans who made the playoffs last year and that's without the Lakers adding anyone else, which they will be. Rumors of Wade landing in LA are heating up even more today. Throw Wade into that lineup and that's easily a top 4 team in the west. Lottery bound haha
It's hard to tell what your lineup will do..... Russell and Randle have played 1/2 game in the league combined, so you don't know what they will actually bring to the table. Granted, they are expected to be contributors right away, but the truth is they are question marks. Kobe is slowing down. He is still probably in the top 10 players in the league, but he's got yet another year on him and coming off a severe injury. Plus, what are the odds that they gel right away. You'd be adding 3 new pieces to your starting 5. On paper it looks good, but the rook and Randle have no NBA track record to make predictions on them.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:44 AM

653 posts, read 783,739 times
I'm I'm LaMarcus Aldridge, I go to the SAS. He would be contending for a championship FOR SURE next year. Duncan is still going strong and is a willing teammate. And even after Duncan, Manu and Tony fade, he'll have a still young Kawhi to build around. Add to that a coach like Pop and what many call the model organization in SA, and there is no down side. And he'd be going home basically.......

Old 06-26-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
I'm I'm LaMarcus Aldridge, I go to the SAS. He would be contending for a championship FOR SURE next year. Duncan is still going strong and is a willing teammate. And even after Duncan, Manu and Tony fade, he'll have a still young Kawhi to build around. Add to that a coach like Pop and what many call the model organization in SA, and there is no down side. And he'd be going home basically.......
I concur.

The Leonard and Aldridge duo will be too great to pass up. LMA is very close to Duncan and Nowitzki, they are the only 2 he hung out with in All Star weekend over peers of his age. LMA's kids also live in San Antonio with their mom and they visit LMA in Dallas when he is there on long weekends in the regular season and offseason.

I don't think he will choose any team over PDX except for SAS. I think if he leaves PDX it will be for SAS only IMO.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:04 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA Free Agency View Post
Have you watched Kobe play? LOL. Do you really think Randle and Russell will be impact players next year? LOL. The real comedy is that you don't see them as a lottery bound team, so in other words you see that team making the playoffs? LOL.

And a top 4 team in the west? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok genius, tell me how you're going to sell a 30 year old LMA on a future. Explain why he would want to leave PDX which actually makes the playoffs and has another max player with Lillard for a garbage Kobe and rookies Randle and Russell. Guys are really dying to be apart of HC Byron Scott's dysfunctional system? LOL
There have been plenty of NBA rookies to be impact players in their first year. See Kyrie Irving just to name one recently. Just about every NBA analyst will tell you Russell and Randle are NBA ready and will make an impact. Then you add to that Kobe, Aldridge, Wade, Clarkson, Young and Hill and you are telling me thats a lottery bound team? lol Thats a top 4 team in the west, they would probably win the God awful east.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:12 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
Quote:
Your best hopes is trading for DMC right now before sitting down with LMA because he is not leaving a contender, $30 million, 5 years, and becoming public enemy #1 at the Moda Center to join a struggling Lakers team that cant make the playoffs even with him.
Hes not returning to the Blazers...Lakers wouldn't have drafted Russell over Okafor without knowing they already have a big man in their pocket. Aldridge or Love will be a Laker come July 1st.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...210538064.html

Old 06-26-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
There have been plenty of NBA rookies to be impact players in their first year. See Kyrie Irving just to name one recently. Just about every NBA analyst will tell you Russell and Randle are NBA ready and will make an impact. Then you add to that Kobe, Aldridge, Wade, Clarkson, Young and Hill and you are telling me thats a lottery bound team? lol Thats a top 4 team in the west, they would probably win the God awful east.
More than half of your argument is to spell out a piped dream fantasy. You fantasize about LMA and Wade and have 0% certainty that it would even happen for this scenario to be taken legitimately.

Then you fantasize about the best case scenario in rookie developments and impact for first year players by citing Kyrie. Most draftees, prolly majority are not impact players in their rookie campaign, and when they are a large amount of their production is cause they stat puff on horrible lottery bound teams like Wiggins and Kyrie.

Young is trash. Hill is trash. Kobe is trash now.

Btw I'm not saying LMA to LA can't happen but you're going to have to try harder to get a smart guy like that to sacrifice that much to play for the Lakers.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Hes not returning to the Blazers...Lakers wouldn't have drafted Russell over Okafor without knowing they already have a big man in their pocket. Aldridge or Love will be a Laker come July 1st.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...210538064.html
According to Neil Olshey as of last night after the draft in a press conference LMA hasn't ruled out leaving the Blazers yet. He hasn't even indicated a departure and was 'bemused' to hear of reports stating he told the Blazers he won't be returning.

The media could be wrong about him leaving. There's always the chance, but if he does leave the same media has unanimously put SAS as his #1 choice out of PDX. Lakers are wrestling with Mavs to get a consideration but I think this a 2 horse race PDX vs SAS for LMAs services IMO

Old 06-26-2015, 02:29 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
To sit on the bench behind Duncan or Dirk? They all play the same position. He's going to the Lakers.

Lakers Rumors: Confidence In Signing LaMarcus Aldridge Led To Drafting D'Angelo Russell | Lakers Nation
Lakers need to suck this season or they lose two first round picks instead of one....you've been fed some season ticket propsganda they're going to win twenty games or so again this year.

Do you even know about all their conditional draft pick trades???????

Also u r in deep denial about Kobe. heck they couldn't get gasol to stay and couldn't get anyone to come play with him last year.

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-26-2015 at 02:46 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 03:06 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Have you watched Kobe play? LOL. Do you really think Randle and Russell will be impact players next year? LOL. The real comedy is that you don't see them as a lottery bound team, so in other words you see that team making the playoffs? LOL.

And a top 4 team in the west? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok genius, tell me how you're going to sell a 30 year old LMA on a future. Explain why he would want to leave PDX which actually makes the playoffs and has another max player with Lillard for a garbage Kobe and rookies Randle and Russell. Guys are really dying to be apart of HC Byron Scott's dysfunctional system? LOL

The Lakers brand and banners will help sell itself. Plus they have mega cap space for one, maybe two max players. Plus as I stated Aldridge owns his home in LA, not in Texas. Perhaps because he enjoys living in LA better then Texas??

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 06-26-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball