Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 05:33 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times

Advertisements

Jimmer Fredette’s D-League encore was so close to amazing | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Should he wear one of those shirts with the logo "I may be short, but I'm slow"?
He wouldn't get to the rim too much in the NBA, as he did in the D league clip, and if he did many of the attempts would be rejected. And then there's the liability on defense...

He can, watch this from a game against the Knicks, he's driving in on Amare and Tyson Chandler.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:14 AM

I know you guys are waiting for it, but Jimmer scores 26 with 4 steals to bury the Spurs!

.......the Austin Spurs that is, Im sure Pop is going to rue the day

Averaging 29pts 7ast so far in D league!

Old 01-31-2016, 04:36 PM

Old 02-01-2016, 01:46 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There are guys with WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY less talent that hung around the league because they worked hard, didn't complain and contributed by filling a role, working hard in practice and being a great teammate that never caused problems or were a cancer.

If Jimmer wasn't an a-hole he could easily make a great NBA living for a decade or so as at worst a 7-8th man that is brought in to spread the floor maybe develop into a 3-point guy like Kerr was and so forth.

Heck, this guy had a 12-year NBA career.....and got 3 rings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jud_Buechler
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
bruce bowen. undrafted, small for SF, to big/clumsy for sg, worked his tail off and made it.
I only read Page 1 of the thread, but J.J. Redick is an even better example, a very comparable college player to Fredette.

Like a lot of people, I really didn't like Redick when he was at Duke, but I have a lot of respect for the work he's put in to become a pretty good NBA role player for going on 10 years now.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:38 AM

Will Jimmer Fredette’s All-Star explosion make Knicks notice?

Will Jimmer Fredette’s All-Star explosion make Knicks notice? | New York Post

Old 02-21-2016, 11:06 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
I wish him best but I don't think 10 days is going to be enough for him to prove himself. He's not even guaranteed playing time.

I don't know why there's such a disconnect with Jimmer and NBA teams. When there's no pressure and he is allowed to dominate the ball like in the D League, he shines. But once he goes to a NBA team, he just can't catch a lucky break.

Jimmer Fredette crumbles before his Knicks call-up | New York Post

Old 02-25-2016, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I wish him best but I don't think 10 days is going to be enough for him to prove himself. He's not even guaranteed playing time.

I don't know why there's such a disconnect with Jimmer and NBA teams. When there's no pressure and he is allowed to dominate the ball like in the D League, he shines. But once he goes to a NBA team, he just can't catch a lucky break.

Jimmer Fredette crumbles before his Knicks call-up | New York Post

I agree, we know he isnt the best defender, but in the context of a team he can certainly match a Steve Nash or the like. I heard an interesting commentary that he would be a good off the bench guy for the Warriors because of the way they play. He could let it fly.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:00 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I agree, we know he isnt the best defender, but in the context of a team he can certainly match a Steve Nash or the like. I heard an interesting commentary that he would be a good off the bench guy for the Warriors because of the way they play. He could let it fly.
I don't think he played at all yesterday.

Rambis didn't think he could play defense in practice.

Doesn't look good for him, pretty sure he will be cut. There's always China and later on maybe become a coach.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:45 PM

40 posts, read 42,821 times
Knew this guy would be a colossal bust. In college, he was always a slow starter and often needed 20 shot (most of them misses) to get warmed up. No way in hell any coach in NBA was going to give an unproven rook that many shots. He belongs in the beer league not the NBA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball