Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 09:23 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Just want to highlight TJ McConnell of the Sixers... 1 assist away from a triple double against the Pistons yesterday.

OK - back to your regularly scheduled discussion of relevant events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 12:57 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I have to wonder if between injuries and the rough stretch of schedule they had....if the young Lakers have had their confidence shaken a bit?

Back to back double digit losses to the Nets and Kings who are subpar is pretty rough.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:35 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have to wonder if between injuries and the rough stretch of schedule they had....if the young Lakers have had their confidence shaken a bit?

Back to back double digit losses to the Nets and Kings who are subpar is pretty rough.
Some random thoughts:

I think so.

I think that they are relying on volume scorers/iso ball, lost a bit of chemistry and still aren't playing defense. There's not enough movement, 3s aren't being taken or falling.

D-lo still isn't 100% (limited minutes), Ingram still hasn't really come into his own yet; he needs to be taking more shots gaining more confidence. Ironically Deng is getting a bit better and playing they way he should have.

We still got a couple of guys out. Tarik Black gave some needed hustle and defense.

You just can't lose these sorts of games though. They should have gone 6-3 in their last 9.

Oh well, the only frustrating thing is that this core group is good. They just need more time, and these are difficult times for a young team.

Also it being a losing streak is mental.

I look at the standings, and they are better than the Kings and Nuggets, but the Lakers also played 2-3 more games than most all teams.

The Lakers should win against the 76ers, but we'll see the length of the Sixers might hurt them. That being said, their upcoming schedule is relatively soft, barring the Cavs, Clippers who will most likely blow them out, lol.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:41 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Some random thoughts:

I think so.

I think that they are relying on volume scorers/iso ball, lost a bit of chemistry and still aren't playing defense. There's not enough movement, 3s aren't being taken or falling.

D-lo still isn't 100% (limited minutes), Ingram still hasn't really come into his own yet; he needs to be taking more shots gaining more confidence. Ironically Deng is getting a bit better and playing they way he should have.

We still got a couple of guys out. Tarik Black gave some needed hustle and defense.

You just can't lose these sorts of games though. They should have gone 6-3 in their last 9.

Oh well, the only frustrating thing is that this core group is good. They just need more time, and these are difficult times for a young team.

Also it being a losing streak is mental.

I look at the standings, and they are better than the Kings and Nuggets, but the Lakers also played 2-3 more games than most all teams.

The Lakers should win against the 76ers, but we'll see the length of the Sixers might hurt them. That being said, their upcoming schedule is relatively soft, barring the Cavs, Clippers who will most likely blow them out, lol.
I like the effort by this young lakers squad and injuries suck. Love what Walton is doing there.

Only dark cloud for the lakers is their management is still a bunch of buffoons imo but if they prove me wrong I'll take a big plate of crow.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:49 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Dunk of the year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqf...youtu.be&t=44s

Old 12-16-2016, 07:54 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
That was nice.

Poor Nets, they have no true fans.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:59 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
Nance can get up there, that's for sure.

Lakers did well against the Sixers...as they should have. AND almost had their chance against the Cavs, although Lebron had a quiet good game and Kyrie and Love had good games as well. For the whole game it looked like the Cavs were toying with the Lakers. The Lakers would comeback around 2 or 3 points and the Cavs would pull away to about 10-12, rinse and repeat.

Ingram almost had a triple double and would have been the youngest player to do so.

Anyway I expected the Lakers to get blown out and they didn't; on the road, no Russell, on a back to back, against arguably the best team in the league.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:03 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Nance can get up there, that's for sure.

Lakers did well against the Sixers...as they should have. AND almost had their chance against the Cavs, although Lebron had a quiet good game and Kyrie and Love had good games as well. For the whole game it looked like the Cavs were toying with the Lakers. The Lakers would comeback around 2 or 3 points and the Cavs would pull away to about 10-12, rinse and repeat.

Ingram almost had a triple double and would have been the youngest player to do so.

Anyway I expected the Lakers to get blown out and they didn't; on the road, no Russell, on a back to back, against arguably the best team in the league.

Lakers came out like they was determined to beat the sixers from the opening tip.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:29 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times
Rockets up by 13 with 4:39 left and then turns into GS and starts shooting 3's when they was the team up by double digits Spurs go on a 19-4 run because the rockers didn't manage the clock and get good shots. All teams want to play like Golden State which is not a way to win games.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:50 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Rockets up by 13 with 4:39 left and then turns into GS and starts shooting 3's when they was the team up by double digits Spurs go on a 19-4 run because the rockers didn't manage the clock and get good shots. All teams want to play like Golden State which is not a way to win games.
They aren't playing like GSW... Coach MD had his system in play long ago with Phoenix.

I didn't see the game, but it is not surprising that they did not mange the lead properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball