Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 09:32 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times

Advertisements

Splash Brothers are back in business.
They are saying Durant who??
Don't blame them if in the back of their minds they want to do it themselves and have # 35 sit.
It would prove he all along was just an extra cast member.

So Sad for Houston. This may be CP3 last stand. But not before 3 more years of massive money for him.

It will be a bang up of a NBA finals for sure. David vs Goliath--which is always a good recipe for viewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 09:38 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Watched the last 3 minutes of the Warriors/Rockets game and Houston has horrific defense. 3 of the Rockets stand in the same exact spots every time, the right half of the court is wide open each and every time and the Warriors can drive to the hoop or kick it back out and pass it around and hit the 3!

Old 05-11-2019, 08:52 AM

242 posts, read 174,424 times
Houston is like the the early 2000's version of the Trail blazers.They had a great team and always put up a good fight vs the Lakers but never could get it done.

Harden & Paul exposed themselves this series and the league should really start suspending player's that fall down and flop on every shot.

Now on to Golden State, They're chasing greatness with a 3 peat in sight and the only team I see giving them some excitement is the Milwaukee Bucks.But GSW will still take it in my opinion if Cousins & Durant are both back in time.

Curry legacy was on the line last night and he really delivered despite playing kinda banged up.Best point guard of this generation hands down and dare I say with 4 rings, he'll surpass Lebron as the most important player and greatest champion in this era.

Sure KD is his help but it's because Curry makes everything easier for KD because of how much the defense follows Curry around.

With KD and no Curry,The Warriors are a good team.
But with Curry and no KD,The Warriors are still a title team.People just forgot how great the Warriors we're before KD. But anyway GSW are the 2019 champions and after this year I'd give them another 3 years before the championship window is totally closed.Greatest dynasty since the MJ bulls and the Shaq / Kobe Lakers.

Would've loved to see them play the 03 - 07 Spurs though.

So anyway Curry with 5 or 6 rings is another echelon of greatness.

Curry with 4 rings just solidifies him as the best point guard ever behind Magic.KD rings kinda don't count because this is Curry team and he's the engine that makes it run.He'll be remembered as a great scorer that got it done by joining the greatest point guard of his generation.

Far as Lebron legacy goes, he's done winning titles and it's nothing to be ashamed of.He lived up to his hype and at best he's top 5. At worst he's ranked behind Duncan,Kobe & Shaq because of titles won and will be somewhere in the 7-8 spot just above Bird and even that's arguable if we're talking titles won and who played harder competition.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:19 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Watched the last 3 minutes of the Warriors/Rockets game and Houston has horrific defense. 3 of the Rockets stand in the same exact spots every time, the right half of the court is wide open each and every time and the Warriors can drive to the hoop or kick it back out and pass it around and hit the 3!
I actually thought they played pretty good defense. The warriors just came up clutch. Harden and Paul played well. Tucker is the do everything guy. I have a lot of respect for that guy.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:01 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,568,183 times
Houston burned out the last couple minutes of the game. Harden and Paul started missing easy shots, which allowed Curry & co. to come back and win the series. If I'm really being honest, Houston played with no sense of urgency. They knew they were down 3-2, so they should've played like their life was on the line.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:07 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Ratings down due to boring inevitable repeat by GS.

Sad watching various talking heads trying to drum up excitement by pointing out how
"strong" Milwaukee etc. are in hopes of getting people to believe that doing well in the east means they have any chance against the team-up monstrosity that is Golden State.

The sad thing is that I even like GS. I like their coach since his playing days, I like their players, so there is no malice towards them but the NBA has got to stop this massive team-up sh*t as it is BORING.

Imagine back during the Jordan era if The Bulls after winning their 2nd championship with a poor center with stiff opposition from the Knicks in the east....and then the next year Patrick Ewing joins the Bulls. BORING.

What about if Tim Duncan bailed from the Spurs to join Kobe and Shaq in their primes? Talk about cheating the fans out of great match-ups and real drama of whom might win.

That's what we have now.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:50 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ratings down due to boring inevitable repeat by GS.

Sad watching various talking heads trying to drum up excitement by pointing out how
"strong" Milwaukee etc. are in hopes of getting people to believe that doing well in the east means they have any chance against the team-up monstrosity that is Golden State.

The sad thing is that I even like GS. I like their coach since his playing days, I like their players, so there is no malice towards them but the NBA has got to stop this massive team-up sh*t as it is BORING.

Imagine back during the Jordan era if The Bulls after winning their 2nd championship with a poor center with stiff opposition from the Knicks in the east....and then the next year Patrick Ewing joins the Bulls. BORING.

What about if Tim Duncan bailed from the Spurs to join Kobe and Shaq in their primes? Talk about cheating the fans out of great match-ups and real drama of whom might win.

That's what we have now.
I don’t know.i suspect the warriors won’t be a super team next season. Good chance Durant and cousins are gone leaving them with their original draft picks. Thing is a team is underdogs until they win a championship, then a lot of people hate them I’ve been a warriors fan since 74. Suffered a lot of mediocre teams so I’ll make no apologies. My belief is if you don’t like them, then knock them off.
I think there’s still excitement. I think the kings are up and coming. The clippers played really well for a team that should have disappeared after trading Tobias Harris.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:51 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Golden State is NOT losing to Houston, Denver, or Portland. Let's get that out of the way. It very well could go 7 games but they will be in the finals in June. I do agree with Murksiderock who said at the beginning of the year the East champion would beat Golden State. Milwaukee & Toronto have the best chance, and even if Boston & Philly complete comebacks to go to the finals I will take either of those teams to knock off the Dubs in the finals.
Unlike Houston, the Warriors can play centers against the Raptors and Bucks. The Warriors have the best defense and the best defensive game plans. Giannis is special, but he hasn’t faced playoff Warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
With Durant hurt, and unless Cousins comes back soon, I dont think the Warriors will go to he finals
Warriors will stomp Portland or Denver—with or without KD and Cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
You and I both called Boston out months ago. Both of us where spot on. The Colin Cowherds of the world where calling them the champs at the beginning of the season and wouldn't give it up, even with mounting evidence. This non sense that teams like Boston can magically turn it on in the playoffs has to stop. The season means something. It gives us the evidence we need to see who the contenders will be. No surprise that
the final 4 teams may be Denver, Toronto, Milwaukee and Golden State. All one or two seeds.

Also, I keep hearing the garbage that Houston and Golden State are the two best teams and this is the real championship. Sorry to inform them but I saw the Bucks play Houston twice and the Bucks won both games with relative ease.

Hopefully the winner from the East will be Milwaukee.
Regular season isn’t playoffs and Harden is the best offensive player the Dubs will face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post
Houston is like the the early 2000's version of the Trail blazers.They had a great team and always put up a good fight vs the Lakers but never could get it done.

Harden & Paul exposed themselves this series and the league should really start suspending player's that fall down and flop on every shot.

Now on to Golden State, They're chasing greatness with a 3 peat in sight and the only team I see giving them some excitement is the Milwaukee Bucks.But GSW will still take it in my opinion if Cousins & Durant are both back in time.

Curry legacy was on the line last night and he really delivered despite playing kinda banged up.Best point guard of this generation hands down and dare I say with 4 rings, he'll surpass Lebron as the most important player and greatest champion in this era.

Sure KD is his help but it's because Curry makes everything easier for KD because of how much the defense follows Curry around.

With KD and no Curry,The Warriors are a good team.
But with Curry and no KD,The Warriors are still a title team.People just forgot how great the Warriors we're before KD. But anyway GSW are the 2019 champions and after this year I'd give them another 3 years before the championship window is totally closed.Greatest dynasty since the MJ bulls and the Shaq / Kobe Lakers.

Would've loved to see them play the 03 - 07 Spurs though.

So anyway Curry with 5 or 6 rings is another echelon of greatness.

Curry with 4 rings just solidifies him as the best point guard ever behind Magic.KD rings kinda don't count because this is Curry team and he's the engine that makes it run.He'll be remembered as a great scorer that got it done by joining the greatest point guard of his generation.

Far as Lebron legacy goes, he's done winning titles and it's nothing to be ashamed of.He lived up to his hype and at best he's top 5. At worst he's ranked behind Duncan,Kobe & Shaq because of titles won and will be somewhere in the 7-8 spot just above Bird and even that's arguable if we're talking titles won and who played harder competition.
I don’t know how many victories and iconic moments Curry needs to produce before people realize that he is on another level entirely. If the Warriors win this year, the dynasty is only looking up at the Bulls and the Russell Celtics. Curry is the best player of the late 2010s. He took the mantle from LBJ in 15-16, but no one wants to recognize it.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:17 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Denver/Portland was a good series.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:06 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,562,275 times
Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors for advancing to the NBA Finals......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball