Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 06:53 PM

525 posts, read 279,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Wrong on several levels, but I'll save my breath debating you. I can agree to disagree...

BLAZERS IN SEVEN!
Warriors in 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Denver/Portland was a good series.
I agree. Probably the best series of the playoffs thus far.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:07 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Simmons really needs to work on a halfway decent jumpshot. Even Magic developed a somewhat set shot looking three-pointer. As for Embiid, he does need to work on his conditioning. Can the Sixers keep Butler and Harris? Plus get more bench help? That might be too tall an order.

Unlike Houston, Portland is going to play hard, but they still dont have enough firepower to beat GS. They havent for a few years now. They have times they can take a game, but they dont have nearly the firepower required to beat the Warriors four times.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
My guess, Warriors in 5. They should sweep, but they always have that one game where they lose focus. Of course, Lillard is capable of going off at any time.

Toronto/Milwaukee to me is a tossup that I'd guess will go 7. Milwaukee has put together a nice and deep squad, but Toronto has them on playoff experience, especially considered the experience that Leonard has had.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:06 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,562,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
My guess, Warriors in 5. They should sweep, but they always have that one game where they lose focus. Of course, Lillard is capable of going off at any time.

Toronto/Milwaukee to me is a tossup that I'd guess will go 7. Milwaukee has put together a nice and deep squad, but Toronto has them on playoff experience, especially considered the experience that Leonard has had.
With experience, do they really? Coaching goes to Milwaukee. When Toronto was the 1 seed, they got swept (I know the responses to my statement). Milwaukee has some players that has playoff experience.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM

242 posts, read 174,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
Warriors in 5
Warriors are the greatest dynasty since the 00's Lakers.

Not even the 2012 Miami Heat could run with this Warrior's team.

The fact that they're dominating without KD speaks volumes on how great of a team they are.

Top 5 NBA dynasty of all time.They didn't even need to win anymore rings after this year.More rings would just add on to the legacy

Old 05-16-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post

The fact that they're dominating without KD speaks volumes on how great of a team they are.

Top 5 NBA dynasty of all time.They didn't even need to win anymore rings after this year.More rings would just add on to the legacy
I honestly hope Golden State can win four championships in a row. It's only been done once in NBA history, and I hope Golden State becomes the second team to accomplish the feat.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:41 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,236,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post

You might be right; they definitely have the talent and strategy down pat. However, the game, rules, and officiating has changed so much over the years that dynasties cannot be compared to one another. Traditional Bigs like Shaq and Dwight Howard cannot run in today's league. It seems like every dominant team or star Big plays more like a 4 and some even play like they're in the 2-spot. The league favors 3pt shooters who can stretch the floor, battle for rebounds, and can run the court. Teams how can only play a half-court offense would be smoked in today's league. It seems like D'Antoni's PHX Suns and Nelly's Mavs/GSW was the early precursor to the current style. Since then you see the run-and-gun offense machines of OKC, GSW, HOU, LAC, WAS, POR, CHA, etc putting up fast-break threats.

2012 MIA had speed, althetism, and defense. I think in today's league you'd see Anthony, Birdman, Battier, Howard, and Haslem in foul-trouble by the 3Q. GSW is great, but the game has changed.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 PM

242 posts, read 174,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
You might be right; they definitely have the talent and strategy down pat. However, the game, rules, and officiating has changed so much over the years that dynasties cannot be compared to one another. Traditional Bigs like Shaq and Dwight Howard cannot run in today's league. It seems like every dominant team or star Big plays more like a 4 and some even play like they're in the 2-spot. The league favors 3pt shooters who can stretch the floor, battle for rebounds, and can run the court. Teams how can only play a half-court offense would be smoked in today's league. It seems like D'Antoni's PHX Suns and Nelly's Mavs/GSW was the early precursor to the current style. Since then you see the run-and-gun offense machines of OKC, GSW, HOU, LAC, WAS, POR, CHA, etc putting up fast-break threats.

2012 MIA had speed, althetism, and defense. I think in today's league you'd see Anthony, Birdman, Battier, Howard, and Haslem in foul-trouble by the 3Q. GSW is great, but the game has changed.

Well the game only changes when a once in a lifetime player emerges in the sport.

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem
Shaq
Kobe
Lebron
Steph Curry

These are all players that have the ability to change how the game is played in any era because they all are so great that the rules may have to change when they're on the court.

I don't care what era it is, Nobody is stopping a prime Shaq or Chamberlain in the post.Sure they'll have to adapt to the run and gun game but team's of today will have to adapt to inside battle when Shaq is on the court.

And nobody is stopping a prime Jordan period.I think every team would adapt to the era they're living in.

I just hold GSW in the upper echelon of greatness now because this is a run that hasn't been seen since the 3 peat days of Shaq + Kobe

Old 05-17-2019, 09:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I'm glad the Jays were playing tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball