Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Lakers in 4 2 3.51%
Celtics in 4 1 1.75%
Lakers in 5 4 7.02%
Celtics in 5 5 8.77%
Lakers in 6 11 19.30%
Celtics in 6 14 24.56%
Lakers in 7 7 12.28%
Celtics in 7 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Do you have a link to back this up?
No link, just knowledge. I think the '04 Heat were close and might even have been .500. Feel free to try and refute my claim. You will hear this stat if the celts win a couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Just saw this on the SI section of CNN:

Celtics-Lakers Classic Finals Moments - SI.com - 2008 NBA Playoffs

Old 06-02-2008, 12:14 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Too bad there was no sound. I watched it anyway. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember where I was, what chair I was sitting in, all the curse words I screamed at the TV during those 3 hours, I even remember what I drank after the game.

I never lived in Boston or even New England area but I been a die hard Celtics fan since before the Bird era.

Strange though you posted that link. I had a rare day off yesterday and spent many hours watching YouTube and rewatching many old Celtics games and moments, including the Larry Bird farewell speech. The guy was so popular that they opened the Boston Garden just for him and 15,000 fans. There was no game that night. The Magic and Bird conversation at center court was a tear jerker. It was nice that 2 of the greatest could respect eachother rather then hating.

Today no one likes the ball hog Kobe except Laker fans.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:29 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
For ongoing banter purposes, I "stuck" this thread to the top of this forum for the playoffs.

I think the Lakers will win, I have no idea how many games it goes. I just think that the Lakers will wear the Celtics down.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,846,598 times
I think the Lakers steal one in Boston, then win 2 of 3 at home. Then it's just a question of whether they win game 6 or 7.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
I'l be cheering for the celtics because the lakers eliminated my spurs!! Also because i live on the east and each year i root for eastern conference teams, that is if the spurs aren't in the finals.
I'll be cheering for the Celtics because they diserve it!

-Alot more than a team with a crybaby all-star who can do everything.
-Alot more than a city that cares more about who's going with who. And who broke up.
-Alot more than a team that won THREE world championships just a few years ago... not more than two decades, but just A FEW years ago.
-Alot more than a team that didn't go through as many hardships last season as the Celtics, who were at the bottom.
-And Boston needs to win because the Lakers eleminated my Spurs!!!

This will be the second time I cheer for the Boston team in the championship. Usually I don't care for them, but hopefully this time, the Boston team can win....

Old 06-02-2008, 05:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Too bad there was no sound.
I had sound. I didn't check all of them though.

I remember all the 1980s games.

I though the McHale shot on Rambis was a real turning point in that series.

McHale was the Laker killer. Cooper did a pretty decent job on Bird. No one could match up with McHale.

Someone above wrote about neutralizing Gasol and Odem and just let Kobe score. That actually sounds like a good plan. Makes me nervous as a Laker fan.

Lakers split in BOS, win two of three in LA, then win game 6.

I can't wait for this thing to get going. What a treat. I can just hear my wife now "Charles, turn off the g*d d*amn TV and help me with the kids."

Old 06-02-2008, 06:43 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
I'm usually not this bold.......... There is NO way Boston will win ONE game in L.A.! I never talk crap so this will probaly bite me but I just cant resist!!

It is still LA in 5!! Im sure they are glad they dont have home court!!! HA HA you dont need it with this Boston team!!! HA HA Celebration at the Staples center Sunday June 15th!!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:15 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,949 times
I don't even remember who I picked but I've been thinking more and more about it. I think the Lakers will take it in six. Who is going to guard Odom?

Actually, maybe Posey will guard him - how does that sound?

Last edited by TheJickler; 06-03-2008 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: add content

Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'll be cheering for the Celtics because they diserve it!

-Alot more than a team with a crybaby all-star who can do everything.
-Alot more than a city that cares more about who's going with who. And who broke up.
-Alot more than a team that won THREE world championships just a few years ago... not more than two decades, but just A FEW years ago.
-Alot more than a team that didn't go through as many hardships last season as the Celtics, who were at the bottom.
-And Boston needs to win because the Lakers eleminated my Spurs!!!

This will be the second time I cheer for the Boston team in the championship. Usually I don't care for them, but hopefully this time, the Boston team can win....
Its deserve.
Im glad to head people still crying about the Spurs. See the problem with San Antonio is that its surrounded by Texas. Well, San Antonio is a dump as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball