Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:25 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Orlando, Lakers, and Suns all up 3-0 in the 2nd round which is supposed to be the compeitive round and we have three teams about to get swept?

I never met any fan unless it's their team who wants to see a sweep. Sweeps shortens the postseason which is a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
The quicker the post season is over the quicker I can start watching TNT again.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:28 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Orlando, Lakers, and Suns all up 3-0 in the 2nd round which is supposed to be the compeitive round and we have three teams about to get swept?

I never met any fan unless it's their team who wants to see a sweep. Sweeps shortens the postseason which is a bad thing.
Im happy Orlando is about to sweep through the first two rounds. I remember how well that worked for the Cavs last year. Not very well lol. So Im hoping the Cavs can flip that on the Magic this year. Im really suprised at the Suns though. I hope they beat the Lakers in the WC finals.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im happy Orlando is about to sweep through the first two rounds. I remember how well that worked for the Cavs last year. Not very well lol. So Im hoping the Cavs can flip that on the Magic this year. Im really suprised at the Suns though. I hope they beat the Lakers in the WC finals.
No way do I see the spurs getting swept

Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

I think The Hawks will fire their Coach after the next game and driftwood Joe Johnson will be traded.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Ha Driftwood, Zinger!

David Stern needs to go now! after watching this lakers series I am conviced that he has the fix in for his dream market match ups.

Ever since the draft balls were moved behind closed doors I have no trust in him.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:19 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
No sweep occurring between Cleveland and Boston which is a real surprise.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
No sweep occurring between Cleveland and Boston which is a real surprise.

Who you pulling for in that series?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:26 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Who you pulling for in that series?
In my heart I want Lebron to play in the finals & think Cleveland will defeat Boston. But any matchup between either the Celtics or Cavs against Orlando is going to be tough. Superman 1\ Shaq against Superman 2\ Dwight Howard will be great basketball. My hate for Boston wishes that the Celtics match up against the Lakers in the finals but that is unlikely this year and a good chance that neither team will make the finals this year. If the Suns win the western conference they will get slaughtered against whoever emerges in the east.

What's your opinion?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:43 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
In my heart I want Lebron to play in the finals & think Cleveland will defeat Boston. But any matchup between either the Celtics or Cavs against Orlando is going to be tough. Superman 1\ Shaq against Superman 2\ Dwight Howard will be great basketball. My hate for Boston wishes that the Celtics match up against the Lakers in the finals but that is unlikely this year and a good chance that neither team will make the finals this year. If the Suns win the western conference they will get slaughtered against whoever emerges in the east.

What's your opinion?

As a basketball fan 3 out of 5 of the teams that I usually love are in it still in these playoffs. My favorite teams in order are...

Miami Heat
Orlando Magic
L.A. Lakers
Phoenix Suns
Golden State Warriors

So by saying that, I want Orlando to get to the finals and win because I just moved from Orlando and got attached to the team, but if they face L.A. or Phoenix and lose I wouldn't be too disappointed because I always go for those teams too. I think Orlando and L.A. will be back in the finals, but if Phoenix keeps playing the way they do I think they might surprise the Lakers if they play them next round and end up in the finals to get beat by Orlando.

I just don't see Cleveland beating Orlando this year. Orlando is too deep this year and have too many offensive weapons along with Howard's rebounding and shot blocking and the team defense they show. To be honest I don't like Cleveland or Lebron that much. I think Lebron is a great player now, but I hate how they hyped him up even before he left high-school as if he was the next Jordan. Kobe has proven he deserves his place and D-Wade has too by playing hard and gaining respect.

Lebron has shown his skills but since he was so hyped up he will never get my respect until he wins a title because I just don't agree with them promoting people like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball