Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:17 PM

37 posts, read 88,054 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I just moved to Hilo this past week. Beside all the coupons online is there a newspaper or a location, where I can cut out coupons? I know that Hilo has the tribune but wasn't sure if there are coupons inside?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
The coupons come out once a week, I think it's on Wednesdays. There are also additional little flyers which each store will occasionally mail out but you can generally get those at the customer service counter of the store. Usually the post offices will have a stack of them sitting somewhere, too. Most of the coupons are store coupons and not manufacturer's coupons. Some stores have discount cards that you can get from the customer service counter. Foodland and Safeway are two of the discount card stores as well as Ace, but they are a hardware store.

Have you tried the Farmer's Market? No coupons needed! It's down by Hilo bayfront on Mamo street near the downtown KTA store. Along bayfront just around the corner from the Farmer's Market is Abundant Life. They are a health food store which has a lot of lovely bulk spices so you can replace your spice rack really inexpensively. The health food store in Keaau (up towards Volcano out of Hilo) has a larger selection of spices, but they are further away. Oh, down near the downtown KTA is Garden Exchange, that's a good place to get plants, if you need any of those. They also occasionally have pink lawn flamingos in case you feel the need for those. (They are actually hard to find.)

Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,513,370 times
The Sunday paper has a lot of coupons in it. (Hawaii Tribune-Herald)

Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Note that KTA does not accept online coupons, only the ones in the newspaper ads.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Hearld Locations?

Where can I purchase the newspaper in Hilo? (most importantly, the sunday edition)

Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,513,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicforever04 View Post
Where can I purchase the newspaper in Hilo? (most importantly, the sunday edition)
You are kidding, I hope?

It is sold in every single super market, every 7-11, various convenience stores, gas stations... There are even news stand boxes placed on street corners and in front of other stores.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 AM

No need to b rude . I literally moved here 1 week ago and have not purchased a newspaper in a year or two. Thank you for answering anyway

Old 06-11-2011, 02:53 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
The newspaper office is at the top of Mamo street about a short block above the Farmer's Market. It's a pale green building facing L & L Drive Inn. They will deliver the paper to your house for a real reasonable rate. It's kinda nice to have the morning paper and coffee. Otherwise, they have newspaper machines at places such as Cafe 100 (a good place to get coffee and a loco moco to go with the newspaper), Ken's House of Pancakes, as mentioned previously - KTA, Safeway, etc. There are a few newspaper machines outside of some shops, too. Ask your neighbors where the nearest one is, they'll know.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:51 AM

19 posts, read 49,465 times
Just for future reference, here on earth, you can go to pretty much any convenience store, cafe, supermarket or donut shop and grab a couple of newspapers. Here's a little trick, when you put your quarter in and lift the handle, grab two then you'll only have to find one every other day!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM

58 posts, read 134,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankinztine View Post
Just for future reference, here on earth, you can go to pretty much any convenience store, cafe, supermarket or donut shop and grab a couple of newspapers. Here's a little trick, when you put your quarter in and lift the handle, grab two then you'll only have to find one every other day!
This is what I never get.
Why don't they set newspaper selling machines that let only one copy drop at a time?
It isn't worth, is it? Or any other reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island