Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,209 times

Advertisements

Ok what places on the big Island offers free Wifi in there places there ..I'm looking for more local places that are fast food or coffee house type places to use there free wifi set up ..

I'm thinking once i get there i'm going to do away with the home computer and just use my ipad for my personal computer needs because i'm only really useing the desktop computer to watch tv or movies through the internet ..

part of the plan to cut down on liveing expense in the end with just a simple cell phone plan and a ipad for use as my all around computer needs anyway .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 10:39 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
The libraries have computers you can use for free, but I think you have to have a Hawaii library card, although that's free, too.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
The libraries have computers you can use for free, but I think you have to have a Hawaii library card, although that's free, too.
First off thanks for the info and it part of the budge plan i have to cut out as much as i can out of the budget once i get there so i can have more money for the play time on the island

Old 06-26-2011, 02:26 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,265 times
McD's & Starbucks usually have wifi.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
McD's & Starbucks usually have wifi.
i'm in this crazy thinking pattern about dumping everything but the basic once i get to the island and just keep a simple cell phone and ipad for my computer type device ...

the reasoning is this way i get out of the place more and go out to where i can meet people ..

plus i have cut my internet surfing down to some basic website i like and use for shopping and that it on the computer use ..

here mainly my computer has been sitting there not beeing used in the house because i have been useing the ipad more than the computer with it free wifi at the diff places i go into to get something to eat or drink at in the morning or afternoon time frame to check emails or send a email out ..then it little websurfing to find out the new's and check on somethings i order and maybe a quick look over a few website's i have posted on then it the unit turned off and i have not picked it again intill the morning..

Old 06-26-2011, 05:16 PM

12 posts, read 43,386 times
Default My God!!!

My God, Henry!
Your written English is ATROCIOUS! If your English teacher is dead, he or she is rolling over in his or her grave right now. If still alive after reading this, he or she is bound to be retrieving the 9MM at this very minute and looking forward to rolling over in the grave!!! Christ Be Jesus, man!!! You mean the complete annihilation of the written language is the result of too much social networking, texting, and electronic communication? Or are you just lazy and don't give a damn? (You've just been arrested and charged with butchering the English language and insulting its integrity.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
i'm in this crazy thinking pattern about dumping everything but the basic once i get to the island and just keep a simple cell phone and ipad for my computer type device ...

the reasoning is this way i get out of the place more and go out to where i can meet people ..

plus i have cut my internet surfing down to some basic website i like and use for shopping and that it on the computer use ..

here mainly my computer has been sitting there not beeing used in the house because i have been useing the ipad more than the computer with it free wifi at the diff places i go into to get something to eat or drink at in the morning or afternoon time frame to check emails or send a email out ..then it little websurfing to find out the new's and check on somethings i order and maybe a quick look over a few website's i have posted on then it the unit turned off and i have not picked it again intill the morning..

Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM

if you really must know i'm Dyslexia and it was never caught intill i was adult and thank you for pointing out my problem there young lady ..

Old 06-27-2011, 06:41 PM

46 posts, read 141,149 times
Well, ainakeeper maybe said that hard way but my friend also has dyslexia but he writes very well with capital letters, periods, commas and stuff, so that's no excuse for long rows that are impossible to read. I believe it's more web surfing than dyslexia.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Shootz, I've got dyslexia, too! We can start a club. It's great for three dimensional thinking, not so good for giving directions that involve left and right, though.

Island Naturals in Honokaa has free wifi and internet if you buy a smoothie or something from them. Just to give you more internet options.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
Ok what places on the big Island offers free Wifi in there places there ..I'm looking for more local places that are fast food or coffee house type places to use there free wifi set up
Here's a list:

free wi-fi Hawaii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: