Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2020, 11:40 AM

4 posts, read 2,409 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a good surveyor and/or pin finder for my lot at a reasonable rate. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 06:44 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,898,602 times
We used this place. It was about 8 years ago:

https://landsurveyorhawaii.com/

Actually charged me less than the estimate. We hired him to find pins and mark property line for purpose of fence installation. The property was already cleared which made it a cheaper job.

Whatever you go with, can you post your results here? I'm needing another boundary marked myself.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:10 AM

11,050 posts, read 24,022,266 times
A metal detector can be useful since the pins are usually metal of some sort.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
We used this place. It was about 8 years ago:

https://landsurveyorhawaii.com/

Actually charged me less than the estimate. We hired him to find pins and mark property line for purpose of fence installation. The property was already cleared which made it a cheaper job.

Whatever you go with, can you post your results here? I'm needing another boundary marked myself.
Thank you for your response I was thinking of going with them but wasn't sure.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
A metal detector can be useful since the pins are usually metal of some sort.
Im really leaning towards going this route. Thank you very much.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:36 AM

Thank you for all your responses now I needed to know if possible please, if anyone knows of a person(s) that do or is willing to do a cabin/cottage build on my property, and how long will it take to build, since I'll be moving back to Hilo from Honolulu right after its built. The driveway and house pad is in place already. Thank you again and Have a blessed day!

Old 05-08-2020, 05:05 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,898,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davillage5 View Post
Im really leaning towards going this route. Thank you very much.
The pins on my property are railroad spikes. Just FYI.

If the pins had been found before they usually decorate the nearest tree with a bunch of bright orange marking tape. If it was some time ago you might have to look up to find it.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:54 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,022,266 times
I've had a property in HA which had railroad spikes as well as chunks of 1/2" pipe, but in either case, they're metal. They are frequently set in a bit of concrete.

We found them using a compass and 100' foot metal tape measure. There were telephone poles along the road in front so we were able to find the front pins and work back from there.

As for building in Eden Roc, if it's very far in the back of the subdivision, you may want to have someone on site 24/7 during construction to make sure all the materials stay on site. Fencing is a good thing, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island