Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times

Advertisements

My A/C went out in both my car and my house on Tuesday evening. It has not been a fun week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 06:12 AM

232 posts, read 565,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
down here in Emmett we have had Thundershowers every evening for the last 4 days.
It's wonderful
Hey Dez.....howzit going?

I'll be arriving in Boise late next week, but only for a 2 day stay this time. Have a quick 12 days leave and visiting with my sisters in Seattle, but have to make a quickie trip to Boise to make sure it still as the same good "feel" we experienced last year.

Any regrets with your choise to move to Idaho?

Cheers,

Mac

Old 07-04-2010, 06:16 AM

Default Don't complain about the weather...

Hey Y'all....

I just finished my year in Iraq and will be coming back to Boise in another week or so. You need to appreciate the weather you've got.

A nice spring day in Baghdad is 120+, with half-mile (or less) visibility due to blowing dust.

Just remember, no matter how bad your weather is, someone, somewhere, has it a lot worse.

Cheers,

Mac

Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 AM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
Mac good to hear from you.
No regrets in moving here.
Good neighbors, great town and we love the weather.
It's funny watching the way locals ***** about the heat when it's over 80 .
My 30 years in the central Valley made us comfortable with the heat. Now that Bagdad stuff is insane.
I am very happy with Emmett and Gem county.

Hope to see you soon.. How long before you actually move to the Boise area ?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Guess I am totally the odd person out here. I can not wait for it to snow again. I LOVE the cold and snow. HATE the heat.

Been fairly nice up here in Midvale 80 right now and the house is cool being closed up from the cool night. The day is warming fast though.

Chris

Old 08-07-2010, 09:55 AM

Default Moving to Boise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Mac good to hear from you.
No regrets in moving here.
Good neighbors, great town and we love the weather.
It's funny watching the way locals ***** about the heat when it's over 80 .
My 30 years in the central Valley made us comfortable with the heat. Now that Bagdad stuff is insane.
I am very happy with Emmett and Gem county.

Hope to see you soon.. How long before you actually move to the Boise area ?
Hi Dez...

Didn't think you'd have any regrets....and I don't plan to either!

We're back in Kuwait. According to the gov't weather office, they expect temps well above normal by the end of this month.....which means pushing or exceeding 140. They had 3 days of 141 the week before I arrived a few years ago, but the most I've seen is 136. Good thing the humidity is rarely above 10%....makes it bearable.

Our trip out to Boise was shortened, so basically a zip-in, zip-out sort of thing. My sister set up an appointment with a dermatologist for me. When I went to see him, he looked at a couple of things that had appeared while I was in Iraq and got very spun up about them. Basically he just said "Surgery. Today. Now!" and started making calls until he found someone who could take me. They dug a few big holes in me, burned a bunch of stuff out, put in lots of stitches, and sent me on my way with dire warnings about sunblock and hats. Sigh....getting old really sucks!

Anyway, I showed my sisters around, we talked to our real estate agent and looked at a couple more houses, and then hit the road back to Seattle. A couple of days there and then I was back in Washington DC for a retirement seminar (that's when you know you're getting close!) and back home in the desert again.

As for my retirement date.... The only thing I know for sure is that it will not be past July 31, 2011. However, how much before that date, I cannot say. Trying to get any info out of the retirement office in WashDC is like beating your head against a brick wall....only more painful.

So, within a week of my retirement date, we should be arriving in Boise. We plan to find a rental for a few months so we're not rushed into buying something right away. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Mac

Old 08-07-2010, 11:16 AM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
Mac you tell me when .. I have a spare motorcycle for you and we can take a nice ride up to Cascade or there abouts.
Hurry back to Boise and congrats on retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area