Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 PM

24 posts, read 66,189 times

Advertisements

Great report. My wife and I are planning a trip this summer to Boise (2300 miles each way) and for the same reason: Retirement Recon.

She has an extreme intolerance to mold so we are hopeful that a drier climate will mean fewer contaminated buildings allowing her more places she can actually go into without getting sick.

I hate the heat and humidity. Here in south Alabama we have way too much of both so I'm looking to go north. So, the math is simple: north for cool, west for dry = places like Boise. Last summer we drove out to Rapid City, SD. When it comes to road trippin', we don't mess around.

Rapid City lost points for housing prices and lack of amenities. The city is just too small. If what you want/need isn't in Rapid City, the drive to any other metro area is just prohibitively long. But that's how things are out west...much more spread out than on the East Coast. Lesson learned: Need a more robust metro area but not TOO big.

So I expect Boise will have all we need being a bigger town than RCSD and that it will have comparable scenery to the Black Hills. So far, all my reading has been positive.

My father lived in Reno for a number of years. He actually lived north of the city in Stead, NV but the cost of living was killing him. He moved to Texas but, honestly, Texas ain't on my radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area