Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 01:49 PM

310 posts, read 1,282,540 times

Advertisements

I currently have AT&T down here in Iowa and according to their website I should have perfect service everywhere I go in town. This is not the case, therefore I come to you locals to find out some real world info.

What is AT&T coverage like up there? What service is far and away better than the others in Boise area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 04:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,212,143 times
I think Verizon is the best here, but that's just my opinion. I also get reception when I head north too the mountains in Cascade, and McCall and east when I'm in Sun Valley.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:56 PM

278 posts, read 906,562 times
I second the Verizon recommendation. I've heard from many people it has the best coverage in Idaho. With Verizon, I've had no problems with reception in the Treasure Valley and also gotten service in countless mountain towns, even Stanley.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,988 times
Verizon.

There's a few dead spots in the city, and a few on the freeway to Twin Falls. There's some spots in the mountains that lose coverage, and I think you're out of network to the southwest, but other than that it's been pretty solid.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 AM

434 posts, read 3,178,471 times
The few times that I have driven from Phoenix to Boise I had cell phone coverage for at least 90% of the drive and I use Verizon. This is impressive considering just how remote and desolate most of the drive is, especially through Nevada from Las Vegas to the Idaho state line. The only dead spots around Boise that I can remember were a couple of spots driving towards Sun Valley and once while hiking on the backside of Bogus Basin.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:22 PM

853 posts, read 968,683 times
Another vote for Verizon here too~!! We live in northern Idaho and have some dead spots here and there, but Verizon is really and truly the only way to go whether your up north or traveling throughout the state.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:26 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
Well, I have AT&T and I found my service to be as good or better in Boise as it is in SoCal. I also have Sprint Broadband Wireless and had excellent service in the basement of my parents' house and they live in the hills of Eagle. So I think just about anybody has decent coverage and Boise is a pretty tech savvy city so it generally has better services than other cities its size.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:15 PM

310 posts, read 1,282,540 times
Thanks Sage!

I guess I am just going to have to try out my AT&T service when I head up there in a week and see for myself. If its crap I'll make the switch back to Verizon since their phones and features seem to be catching up with the rest of the cell phone industry.

Thanks for all the information, I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area