Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:26 PM

5 posts, read 8,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wow. One thing I can say is this. If I ever was offered a job in Boise, I would take it and be grateful I have it. From the pictures I've seen of Boise, it looks like a pretty place. Honestly, if I ever decide to live in a certain place, I'm going there no matter who doesn't want me there. I suspect there are people who don't want me living where I'm living now. Nothing they can do about me being there. It's a free nation and we're free to live where we live, all of us.

I will say this too. I used to live in the PNW (Seattle area) and my father (who is also Black, as I am too) regrets leaving the area. From what he has told me, it wasn't a bad area to live in at all, and that he wishes he had stayed.
We'd love to to have you! You'll find a few kooks everywhere, but, IMHO, most of the residents of the Treasure Valley are welcoming and fairly unprejudiced. You won't find perfection anywhere, but I think we come closer than many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 12:04 PM

430 posts, read 835,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
If you think Boise demographics (at over 84% White) are "very diverse", take a look at the demographics for Atlanta, Ga., Kansas City, Mo., St. Louis, Mo., Chicago, Il., Detroit, Mi., Los Angeles, Ca., Oakland, Ca. and San Francisco, Ca.!

Those places are really diverse! Take a look at the crime rates for those places, while you're at it.
To respond to the racial comments above, this is cherrypicking.

New York City is the most diverse alpha city on the planet and has a low murder rate of 4/100,000. Next door, Jersey City is the most diverse city of any size on the planet and has the same low rate of 4/100,000. Someone mentioned Virginia Beach, which also has a lot of diversity also a very low murder rate.

In comparison, incredibly white cities like Indianapolis, Omaha, and Anchorage have much higher murder rates than these ultra-diverse cities. An average of twice as many murders per 100,000.

Increased diversity does not add to crime. Increased poverty does, whether it is white or black poverty.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:08 PM

I forgot to mention that low-crime New York City alone has a higher population (8+ million) and much more diversity than high-crime Atlanta, Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Oakland, and San Francisco combined.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:51 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Blimp,

You've now made your point and replied to the other poster. Let's move on with the topic.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Blimp,

You've now made your point and replied to the other poster. Let's move on with the topic.
Yep, I have. And that's fine by me!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:38 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca.thompson View Post
We'd love to to have you! You'll find a few kooks everywhere, but, IMHO, most of the residents of the Treasure Valley are welcoming and fairly unprejudiced. You won't find perfection anywhere, but I think we come closer than many.
If I ever get offered a job in the Boise area, I would not mind living in Boise.

I'm happily employed where I live currently. However, anything can change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area