Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 8,390 times

Advertisements

I APPRECIATE BEING TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT GANGS IN CALDWELL.

latinos and others need to stop glorifying so called "gang life" as if its some romantic heroic life you have chosen..defending your honor blah blah blah. A gang member is someone who is too cowardly to make better choices, too much of "a joiner" or SHEEP to think for themselves, to willing to compromise their own ethics and consistently do what they KNOW is wrong not to mention just lazy and wallowing in self pity..."oh poor me....i have to be a jerk and hurt other people because I'm financially challenged". Mexico is a terrifying country where the vast majority of the govt officials and police are corrupt. If a woman is raped its ignored. Its a country where machismo ( shame compensation ) is rampant like a disease. Now this mentality is usurping America. If someone has been given the chance to live here and get a free education, vast opportunity, and be protected by the American legal system, then instead of being so childish as joining a gang, they should be a great contributor to this country. Joining a gang is just a lazy disguise for self pity. EVERYONE has walls to overcome, EVERYONE faces uphill battles and challenges. Losers and people with no self respect, no respect for others and no respect for the land they live off of, become gang members. Trying to justify being in a gang is no more credible than a pedophile trying to justify violating a child...the biggest joke is what suckers gang members are for the images on MTV...showing them as rich powerful hero's...what stupidity to buy into that lie. Those images are created in a Madison Ave advertising firm to sell product to stupid people. Get humble, wake up and have a real life.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:04 PM

355 posts, read 565,075 times
The great thing about this country is that if you want out, you can get out.

My buddy and I joined the Army right out of high school. We spent three years in the 82D Airborne Division, and both got the college fund.

We lived together with his sister out of the Army, shared rent, and got our degrees. It was hard (years in the Army, years getting a degree, tough financial times, etc.), but we did it.

We could have moved anywhere, especially somewhere that was safer and gave one the opportunity to be safe.

The downside is that many people want the easy way out, and the quick buck. (selling drugs, theft, whatever)

I think that we, as a society, tend to overestimate the decision-making power that an individual has and blame society for the problems, giving the individual an easy way out.

There are definitely exceptions, but I think that at a certain point one needs to take some responsibility for their life and make a decision to change things.

Just my .02c

Old 08-02-2007, 03:12 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,988 times
I just don't think its as simple as some of you make it out to be.

Read up on identity politics and latino and immigrant culture, huh?

As the OP said, poignantly, "you'll never know what its like to live in this racisist society, that oppresses us as a people in more ways than U can imagine..."

There's a truth here that rings extremely loud. It isn't that people want this sort of life because they're bored, stupid, or whatever, but rather it's what they're typically born into, cast into by societal perceptions, and it becomes an identity, a mechanism of defense and pride. Psychologically it may be all they have to get by and retain a sense of dignity and identity.

It comes off as wrong and stupid to us as outsiders because, well, we're outsiders. We don't know what it's like to grow up in these situations and these pretenses. As such, we cannot understand it fully.

This isn't to say a gang/hood lifestyle is right, or okay, or that people shouldn't try to stay out or distance themselves from the lifestyle. But it's a matter of education, and trust, and redefining perceptions that entire groups of people have defined themselves as. It's not as simple as just saying "well, they should know better."

But there is a fine line between the media and entertainment culture glorifying and almost celebrating this culture - and I think that line is far too often crossed.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:02 PM

81 posts, read 398,489 times
So...I was thinking of movin to Caldwell...but this thread has me wondering if it's a safe area now...all the talk of gangs...a lot of the posts make it sound like you'll be shot if you walk out your door......

Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 AM

1 posts, read 6,041 times
Default god help us

I just moved to Nampa and it is full of none us people. Do not go to walmart it is just like going to TJ. ICE needs to stop there for a day. cars with tags that or past the date whitch means no insurance on the car. God help you if you get hit. I think I moved to the wrong Country is this ID or IDMEX.......
and I just got hear 4 weeks a go. help

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain35 View Post
I just moved to Nampa and it is full of none us people. Do not go to walmart it is just like going to TJ. ICE needs to stop there for a day. cars with tags that or past the date whitch means no insurance on the car. God help you if you get hit. I think I moved to the wrong Country is this ID or IDMEX.......
and I just got hear 4 weeks a go. help

I'm curious what part of Nampa you're in as I've heard a lot of positives about some sections.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoMan View Post
Nampa/Caldwell and now the rest of the Boise area is infested with latino gangs and a very dangerous place to live. It doesn’t matter where they come from. People should be aware of this before they move there and think it is a nice part of Idaho, it isn't. It is fast becoming a sewer. Please don’t insult everyone’s intelligence trying to defend this behavior.
I don't think he was saying that gangs are great contributions to society, nor that he supports them so much. But rather that there is a cycle of Latino families being left to the poor parts of town to live their lives. he is right in equating poverty with crime. When this group of people is left to poverty, they are going to be left to crime as well.

A lot of people (not all) see Latinos as being lesser, and stereotype and judge them, typically without actually knowing a Latino person/family, but instead make assumptions about the whole group based on what a few trouble makers do.

if we want gangs to come to a halt we need to offer these people and their families more opportunity than they receive.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeDelSol View Post
The sooner we get strict immigrant control legislation in place and tighten the borders the sooner all this crap will begin to taper off. Crime rates have skyrocketed as a direct result of so many illegals flooding into this country. They can't obtain better paying jobs because they are not legal citizens. They have nowhere to turn for help. Thus they end up in the poverty/crime/gang death spiral. Once we deport and eliminate the criminal elements, especially the MS13 cockroaches, and establish stricter methods for controlled LEGAL immigration and worker status, things will improve for everyone.
gangs are not all to be blamed on immigration. the immigrants you are talking about come here because someone is offering them a job (aka, a pull factor). plus, not all gangs are Latino. Also, many immigrants move here with good intentions and the gangs come from another generation or two.

people aren't in gangs because of their race, their skin color or their origin, which is essentially what you said here. There are plenty of LEGAL citizens that are being treated poorly and stereotyped, and as a result not given the same privilege and government back up.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 AM

278 posts, read 1,138,631 times
I have to agree that yes there is gag activity in Boise along with some of the other southwest cities. Some more then others. The poster at the start makes a good point in why there also around. In a case I know of a family was destroyed and broken up for a person’s selfishness. The 15 year old son of that family who before this was never in trouble did get into trouble and was dealing with gang like activities. The only reason again is like the first poster stated why he did not. One had a father there and did not get into the gangs. One did not have a father that was allowed to be there for him and did get into trouble. I also know this for a fact because that last boy is my son! his mother and Idaho kept his father away by giving his father visitations only as the mother said as in when were and how . She said never and that is what they then were thanks to Idaho’s laws. This was wrong of both Idaho and the mother and is were Idaho failed my family again. If you also look at divorce rates and single parent homes it shows the same trends. That same boy is now living in a very active gage area in calif with his father and doing great. He is now going to collage was the mother let him drop out of high school because it was easer for her then working with and for him to stay.
I also have to agree with JustinFromBoise as doing the denying thing only makes it worse in ways but opening your eyes and seeing it then doing some thing about it makes the change but it all starts right in our own homes.
To Danielito thanks for having the guts to say what is real for you in your area as I have also seen. but remember there are others who because they have not had it in there life will say gangs in Idaho no way get real that is only a calif problem brought here by califs . so my hats off to you for being brave and also saying what is the real reason most do not join you are a good son and I bet your father is proud of you to boot

Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,702 times
Huntsman, sorry to hear that, Idaho definetely does not not respect paternal rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area