Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2023, 08:22 AM

1,431 posts, read 1,037,030 times

Advertisements

An older Mao book (2005) is Mao, the Unknown Story by Jung Chang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2023, 08:20 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I just finished reading Friends, Lovers and the Big, Terrible Thing by Matthew Perry (his autobiography) and thought it was very interesting. Now I am reading Four Seasons In Rome and it's very, very good as well - don't recall the author off the top of my head, which is where I basically live - LOL.

Old 11-23-2023, 08:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
It's the "The Private Life of Chairman Mao" by Dr. Li Zhisui. It's one of the most interesting books I've ever read. Thanks to you for your recommendation Tijlover - I probably never would have picked it up without your vote of approval as it's completely out of my usual genres that I have routinely chosen. It's a long read but worth every minute.
Sounds very interesting!

Old 11-25-2023, 01:42 PM

For those who have never read or not picked it up in years, time to ponder Kirk's The Conservative Mind. He saw conservative as a disposition not a political ideology:

https://theimaginativeconservative.o...alconburg.html

Old 11-26-2023, 08:29 AM

If Kirk's The Conservative Mind is too much to handle, here is a condensation:

https://alabamapolicy.org/wp-content...ative-Mind.pdf

Old 11-27-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
Van Fleet interviewed about her Mao book & experiences:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/11/...os-china-says/

Quote:
The goal of this book is to lay out the parallels of the two Cultural Revolutions that I experienced 50 years ago and the one I experience with millions of Americans right now, the woke revolution. And I’ve tried to lay out the parallels to let people see that woke is nothing new. It happened before. What’s going on in America is history repeating.

People like me, people lived through the Cultural Revolution, we see through it right away. We know it is the same thing. But for too many Americans, they don’t know because they never learned the history. They do not know history of communism. They know very little of Mao’s Cultural Revolution, so they don’t know what it is. They just know it’s crazy.

Last edited by Mahayana; 11-27-2023 at 12:21 PM..

Old 11-28-2023, 09:47 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
I just finished another addictive Darwin Porter book: Unzipped/Brando

He had an incestuous relationship with his mother, and on top of that, he was sexually molested by his 18YO Swedish Nanny. He loved his mother so much he wanted to marry her.

Unlike bisexuals Steve McQueen and Paul Newman who kept their male lovers hidden, Brando would be seen holding hands, kissing one of his male lovers, and damn the torpedo's! And the next night he'd be showing affection to a woman. As reported, the most sexually uninhibited man you'll ever meet.

During the 855 performances of Streetcar on Broadway, teenagers, men and women both would line up outside the theatre to thrown themselves at Brando, all wanting to go to bed with him. Some women would even leave hotel keys behind, hoping he'd stop by after his performance.

That song My Way should have been the theme song for Brando.

Old 11-30-2023, 10:42 AM

Excerpt from Mao's America by Xi Van Fleet:

Quote:
In this book I tell the tale of two cultural revolutions: one driven by Mao and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the one that is unfolding in today’s America. Using my personal experience and extensive historic research, the book demonstrates the stunning similarities of these two revolutions. It guides readers to see that:

• Both revolutions use Marxist tactics of division, indoctrination, deception, coercion, cancelation, subversion, and violence.
• Both revolutions aim to destroy the foundation of traditional culture to replace it with Marxist ideologies.
• Both revolutions weaponize youth, using them as their means to an end.
• Both revolutions share the same goal of achieving absolute power at the expense of the people.
• Both revolutions lead to the same ending: loss of freedom and totalitarian rule.

Old 11-30-2023, 06:58 PM

https://tanbooks.com/products/books/...er-redemption/

The Devil and Bella Dodd by Nicholas & Kengor.

Quote:
Paul Kengor and his newly discovered co-author, Dr. Mary Nicholas, have produced a tour-de-force analysis of the enigmatic former communist Bella Dodd. A thorough study of her writings and testimonies, along with indepth interviews with people who knew Dodd, The Devil and Bella Dodd provides careful answers to important questions. Did Bella Dodd really place over 1,000 communist spies in Catholic seminaries? You’ll have to read this fine book to find out!
—Jennifer Roback Morse, Founder and President, The Ruth Institute

Old 12-01-2023, 01:13 PM

Preorder this one on Pfizer, followed by three others from Skyhorse - in Feb & June of 2024:

https://www.skyhorsepublishing.com/9...pfizer-papers/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books