Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 04:29 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,751 times

Advertisements

is 'diarrhea defecation' redundant? is there any kind of diarrhea that's not defecation? Couldn't the OP just say Diarrhea on Ruggles Train Platform?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 PM

227 posts, read 283,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
is 'diarrhea defecation' redundant? is there any kind of diarrhea that's not defecation? Couldn't the OP just say Diarrhea on Ruggles Train Platform?
It's a little bit too late for that.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM

749 posts, read 920,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFTW View Post
Scientists Swabbed New York City's Subways, And You Won't Believe What They Found

This is what people were looking for....

Mozzarella. Bubonic plague. Kimchi. Staph. What could these things possibly have in common?

They're all among the strange set of substances DNA-hunting scientists identified in New York City's subway cars and stations as part of a comprehensive new study.
AND WHAT do you expect to find in subway system that caters to millions and millions of people, not only from NYC alone, but the suburbs, Conn., NJ, etc.? AND THE WORLD......

Old 02-26-2015, 06:30 PM

749 posts, read 920,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Two nights in a row now, I have seen TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE- lower themselves and defecate on the train platform, one time a rather graphic looking diarrhea splattering.

Is this becoming common place?! are there not bathrooms available? or is this some comic attack on the MBTA that is actually presenting a DANGER to peoples health?!
DID YOU call the police and report it?

Old 02-27-2015, 06:25 AM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EconHusky View Post
It's a little bit too late for that.
Sigh. That's usually the case with solutions to Diarrhea related problems...

Old 02-27-2015, 09:14 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,137,060 times
It's amusing hearing locals complain of the rampant public urination in Boston. Really? Have they not been to any other cities? Has Weston-living clouded their global view?

Spend a few weeks in Paris or NYC and report back. I once had the pleasure of viewing a man in a well tailored 3 piece suit take a **** on the side of the Louvre. No, this did not happen"after hours" ... it was 3pm and well within viewing distance of I.M. Pei's icon entrance. While this man was a bit bold, after 9pm the streets of Paris essentially become a large urinal. Thankfully, they power wash often.

I find Boston to be one of the cleanest cities I visit, though not during the slushy months of winter ... but this is largely a visual issue and nothing which offends the nose.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:22 AM

264 posts, read 388,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
Was the man urinating on the train or was he urinating while on the train? Was the text like this...

O..M..G there is like somebody totally urinating on the train LOL
"A homeless man just took a **** across from me on the Red Line train. I can't make this **** up."

Old 02-27-2015, 04:03 PM

9,080 posts, read 6,305,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint922 View Post
"A homeless man just took a **** across from me on the Red Line train. I can't make this **** up."

Where else is a homeless person going to do that? Would you (plural) let a homeless person into your home to use the toilet. I will be honest and admit that I wouldn't.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:21 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Where else is a homeless person going to do that? Would you (plural) let a homeless person into your home to use the toilet. I will be honest and admit that I wouldn't.
Pru, Copley Sq Mall, BPL, Rest room at Park St Station, Quincy Mkt, Pine St Inn, almost any medical center, portapotties commonly found all over town like on the Charles River embankment, Back bay station, Castle Island public restrooms, and if you're just somewhat decent, there are plenty of McDonalds, Starbucks, etc around.

There's really no excuse - except clinical insanity IMO.

After a couple days in Paris and London, I was getting really fed up with people getting on the bus or train smelling like they haven't bathed in weeks. I mean, smells so nasty it was more offensive than someone blasting a giant boombox. I saw this giant fat guy who smelled like a dumpster sit right next to this this poor unfortunate young woman. It was hard for me two rows back. Then we were on a train somewhere - the tube I think but maybe Paris - similar. Giant dirty fat guy gets in the train stinking so bad everyone was gagging. A German businessman in a suit, a young couple and I were exchanging glances suggesting we needed to do something about this pig. I was almost going to say "Let throw him off the train."

I think perhaps sometime in the future if I ever do again encounter one of these filthy people, I will, as a public service to deter such malfeance, administer a memorable physical beating.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:28 PM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Can we create a "hall of fame threads" area? I nominate this one. I smile every time I see there's a new post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston