Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
You really sound like you have a chip on your shoulder. As far as I'm concerned not everything is about race. There has not been one band that played Fenway that I care to see. Furthermore, As a fan of hip hop music and going to about 3 dozen shows. It doesn't seem to translate into arena type venues. It's always the same, put your hands up! Boston! 5 people on stage pacing and yelling. Crap loops. It's not really the right art for that setting. There are plenty of black artists I would love to see play fenway. Not hip hop, thats for sure.
this is kinda' a non-sequitor ? not sure why youre responding to me or how to unpack this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 09:43 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
Just adding my personal experience is all. Who would you like to see at Fenway?

Old 03-28-2019, 10:29 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i used to play ball down there off of jersey st.

the point of the article is that its racist that the caucasion managers at an inclusive venue such as fenway park has only invited caucasion acts to perform there.

i dont blame you. you are racist and therefor cant see how just going along with the status quo is racism (saying black persons who probably would never enjoy themselves listening to zac brown band inside the venue should be content with being able to share a basketball court with white kids ?).
What "caucasian managers" are you accusing of racism? If anything, it's classism... not wanting masses of lower income ghetto people attending a concert in Fenway Park.

And it has nothing at all to do with the owners of Fenway or the full time property managers there. It's up to the concert promoters like LiveNation, to decide if they want to approach Fenway Park to rent it out for a concert. And every concert promoter has to decide if a particular music act is appropriate for a particular venue. Plus they also have to take out liability insurance for each event.

Last edited by miu; 03-28-2019 at 10:44 AM..

Old 03-28-2019, 11:05 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,970 times
Quote:
Just adding my personal experience is all. Who would you like to see at Fenway?
mary j., sade for example ? maybe chaka khan, mariah carey, toni braxton, alecia keys, john legend, jennifer hudson, lionel richie, ...

you guys are bending backwards to prove that it has nothing to do with gender/race but the fact is during the last decade there have been 66 concerts at fenway; where only one was a woman, and 1/2 was a black man including (according to wikipedia) jason aldean, rodger waters, dead company, ... <- are they even famous ?. this shows that middle-age caucasion males are so sensitive about acknowledging their societal advantage.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 03-28-2019 at 11:34 AM..

Old 03-28-2019, 11:11 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Personally, it hurts me to see Fenway used for non-baseball purposes.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:13 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
Quote:
mary j. for example ? maybe chaka khan...
I would love to see Chaka Khan. Maybe wouldn't be able to fill all those high priced seats though. The Pavillion or Royale seems more reasonable no?
The 2 shows I did see at fenway did not have the greatest sound. i was not impressed and it seemed like the main draw was that it was cool to see a show at Fenway.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:31 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
I would love to see Chaka Khan. Maybe wouldn't be able to fill all those high priced seats though. The Pavillion or Royale seems more reasonable no?
The 2 shows I did see at fenway did not have the greatest sound. i was not impressed and it seemed like the main draw was that it was cool to see a show at Fenway.
Setting up all that stuff really does a number on the field as well.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
mary j., sade for example ? maybe chaka khan, mariah carey, toni braxton, alecia keys, john legend, jennifer hudson, lionel richie, ...

you guys are bending backwards to prove that it has nothing to do with gender/race but the fact is during the last decade there have been 66 concerts at fenway; where only one was a woman, and 1/2 was a black man including (according to wikipedia) jason aldean, rodger waters, dead company, ... <- are they even famous ?. this shows that middle-age caucasion males are so sensitive about acknowledging their societal advantage.
John Legend played the Boch Center before Christmas and didn't sell out. Mariah Carey is going to be at the Boch Center next week and tickets are still available. Michelle Obama was at T.D. Garden.

The point of a promoter booking a show is to make money, not to make a social statement. And they book the talent that is on tour in the area.

And Fenway is rarely used for concerts. It's a royal PITA to set it up for a show and protect the venue and the playing field grass.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:42 PM

17,680 posts, read 9,168,053 times
There's a world of difference between the crowd at a John Legend concert and a Chief Keef concert.

It's not about skin color.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:23 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,322,841 times
Quote:
i used to play ball down there off of jersey st.

the point of the article is that its racist that the caucasion managers at an inclusive venue such as fenway park has only invited caucasion acts to perform there.

i dont blame you. you are racist and therefor cant see how just going along with the status quo is racism (saying black persons who probably would never enjoy themselves listening to zac brown band inside the venue should be content with being able to share a basketball court with white kids ?).
Ha-ha, did I just “ skimmed” the article without getting its point? That the white promoters do not bring hip- hop to Fenway? My bad! Evil promoters!

Why then black promoters won’t bring black music to Fenway? Maybe you should address them with this issue?
I think the fault is with them- why not try to “ promote”?

Now, can you in your infinite wisdom determine am I a white, Asian or black racist? Please, elaborate, very much appreciated
( and I did not imply that a black person wont enjoy that type of music( ask me how do I know)
Be honest, what percent of black people on average WOULD spend money to go to Fenway to that type of concerts? Ask around...
Time to call out “ black” promoters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston