Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 07:09 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,746,938 times

Advertisements

Massnative. From what I have heard bullet wound treatment hasn’t gotten much better in at least 25 years but cellphones and shot spotter have saved many lives. From what I gather it used to be get shot 33% chance of dying now because EMT gets out there faster the chance is 20-25% chance of dying.

If not for cellphone and shot spotter Boston would probably log about 80 homicides a year not 55.

The average in Boston re crack was 80-100 homicides a year. So I think in reality the city’s gun violence is pretty bad but the random street crime is much lower than 1980/1985 or hell even 2010.

Also people carry less cash or no cash at all so that has discouraged robbers. Cars are to o hard to steal now and rape is actually taken somewhat seriously. Lots of outside force a have artificially lowered crime and mayors have taken credit. Camera GPS zeta and a whole urban system now is designed to deter and prevent crime when compared to the olden days.

I don’t think it’s like there are fewer criminal on the streets.

Btw dude was shot multiple times in Rockford Streett in Roxbury this morning. Homicide unit called in. Shot were fired in Dorchester Hyde Park and Mission Hill last night as well.

But Alllston did have several large group fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 09:47 AM

176 posts, read 250,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Anyone that continues to argue that Allston isn't any safer than Roxbury and Dorchester really has no place discussing Boston neighborhoods.

Please stick to posting long poorly formatted lists of miscategorized restaurants you've never been to. I enjoy the lists....broken links and all. A few of the restaurants that I tried were pretty damn good, and you certainly deserve a lot of credit for your copy paste skills! Thank you.
No one here is arguing that Roxbury or Dorchester as a whole are statistically safer than Allston. Nobody.

We're arguing that the best parts, the best sub-neighborhoods, of Roxbury and Dorchester are safer, and more expensive, and nicer than the best parts of Allston . . . because they are.

Or to be more precise, the best sub-neighborhoods of Roxbury and Dorchester are safer/nicer/more expensive than all of Allston, because each of these sub-neighborhoods is of such a population and geographic size that you can compare the sub-neighborhoods to *all* of Allston. (The sub-neighborhhods of Roxbury and Dorchester are also comparable in size to Charlestown, North End, Backbay, Downtown, etc.)

This argument is not complicated or hard to understand; which is why I'm also arguing that the incessant need to bring up incidents of violence in unrelated areas to a question about a specific area of town is weird as ****. And the need to rope in other historically black neighborhoods in your response is even stranger.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:55 AM

6,806 posts, read 6,036,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by such sweet thunder View Post
No one here is arguing that Roxbury or Dorchester as a whole are statistically safer than Allston. Nobody.

We're arguing that the best parts, the best sub-neighborhoods, of Roxbury and Dorchester are safer, and more expensive, and nicer than the best parts of Allston . . . because they are..
Just give it a rest, friend. If redplum wants to steer clear of Roxbury and Dorchester, then he/she is more than welcome to do so. It’s not like the lines and wait times at places like Mike’s Donuts and McKenna’s Cafe need to be any longer.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:44 AM

17,686 posts, read 9,175,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by such sweet thunder View Post
This argument is not complicated or hard to understand; which is why I'm also arguing that the incessant need to bring up incidents of violence in unrelated areas to a question about a specific area of town is weird as ****. And the need to rope in other historically black neighborhoods in your response is even stranger.
It seems to me (and a few others that commented) that you came here looking for a problem that didn't exist. Post #31. You tried to make this thread about race. You're the only poster in this thread even talking about that stuff.

Nobody has taken your bait, so you're still trying...

Old 10-14-2018, 07:54 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Massnative. From what I have heard bullet wound treatment hasn’t gotten much better in at least 25 years but cellphones and shot spotter have saved many lives. From what I gather it used to be get shot 33% chance of dying now because EMT gets out there faster the chance is 20-25% chance of dying.

If not for cellphone and shot spotter Boston would probably log about 80 homicides a year not 55.

The average in Boston re crack was 80-100 homicides a year. So I think in reality the city’s gun violence is pretty bad but the random street crime is much lower than 1980/1985 or hell even 2010.

Good to note, I didn't even think of that (cell phones and shot spotter). From what I gather Boston EMS has improved greatly, a lot more Paramedics on shift now that can administer stuff like IVs to hold them over during those critical minutes following the incident (along with the faster response). Hopefully we never see the likes of the crack epidemic ever return.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:59 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
A large part of the decrease in crime the 80s was the slowing and damn near extinction of violent crime in Charlestown South Boston and the back bay/combat zone.

Do you mean SINCE the 80s? Because Southie and Charlestown were still pretty bad through the early 90s.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 PM

Yes I’m sorry since the 80s. I always post from my phone.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:52 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,118,146 times
https://www.universalhub.com/roxbury

sad.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Always thought the Blarney Stone was quite good IMPO. Used to go to the Emerald Isle all the time for gigs and whatnot. No problem at all there, it's when you spend more time around there and the surrounding neighborhoods/shopping areas. I believe that's by where this most recent kid was shot dead.
I love Blarney Stone! and Bos Burger and the Vietnamese Ta. You’re totlly correct in your analysis in the neighborhood. A 24 year old woman was sitting in a car and shot to death last night in Fields Corrner. It seems every year this area gets ‘hot’ when the temperature drops..

The young people in the area call it the ‘Coldest Corners’

Cousin Stizz is a 26 year old rapper from fields corner who has songs on the Billboard charts and is the voice of the Celtics ads and so on for this season. He lives in LA and is signed to RCA Records now, but went to Reading High through METCO He is very well known for his street tales about growing up in Fields a Corner. His debut Album was called Suffolk County. His words to describe the scene in Fields Corner are almost perfect..,

A-World: “We thuggin we thiggign we thuggin my ___ be runnin we hustlin, they say, since we lost ‘A’ Man ****s Been so crayyyyyyy-damn, we hugging we thuggin we....”

A-World; “The Fields the coldest corners in the streets yeah, ____ gettin popped for petty beef but summertime we coolin on the beach.”

A-World was written about his close friend Alex DuSuoto Boston’s first homicide victim of 2015 and a Fields Corner resident.

Where I Came From: “i come from a fabric that keep attacking n___s fall off and to me it tragic, back to the money I’m thinking cabbage, it don’t get ugly but **** could happen

Dirty Bands: “Come to where we from its really live after dark you gotta stay in side took some ale took my wins in stride smoke some Ls for when my n___s died.”

Guy tells a lot of authentic stories and was on Hot 97 in NYC taking to Pete Rosenbegrg about his love for the coty and answered some tough questions about Race and Crime in Boston. Very articulate.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:29 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,118,146 times
3 more DT's and unmarked cruisers at the end of American Legion this morning. Looks like something went down on the Blue Hill strip. Not surprising. When will it end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston