Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:16 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
I said it there and I'll say it again here. The Back Bay is called that because it's on the back side of the (former) Shamut peninsula and it was an actual bay that was later filled in. Allston-Brighton/Brookline can be the Beyond Back Bay or just remain Allston-Brighton, but Front Bay makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 09:53 AM

12,818 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
To me the BHP and Mary Ann's are/were college and post college bars, more so than dives.
I've never been to Mary Ann's. But I've gone to BHP a reasonable number of times, and I think that it depends on when you go. Friday/Saturday night late? Definitely a college/post college crowd. But weekday evenings there's a pretty good mix.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:22 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Good to see others perspective of what they view "Boston" as.
This one might be a little extreme, but back during the Marathon Bombings, I had lots of friends/family who are Boston FD/PD or in Medical in Boston. My sister, who is a nurse, was at the Finish Line that day volunteering. They used FB as a way of checking in to let everyone they knew know they were safe.

Anyway, I had a "friend" who to give some background, was a well-traveled socialite with a billion FB friends around the world and loved attention. Anyway, on that day, in the midst of posts by people who were within a mile of the blasts, she felt the need to send out one of those posts as well along the lines of "OMG, thanks for all the texts/calls asking if me and XXX are ok. We are safe! What a scary day!"

She lives in Nashua where she was at the time.

Needless to say every year since, the "Boston strong" postings are big with her.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:27 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
This one might be a little extreme, but back during the Marathon Bombings, I had lots of friends/family who are Boston FD/PD or in Medical in Boston. My sister, who is a nurse, was at the Finish Line that day volunteering. They used FB as a way of checking in to let everyone they knew know they were safe.

Anyway, I had a "friend" who to give some background, was a well-traveled socialite with a billion FB friends around the world and loved attention. Anyway, on that day, in the midst of posts by people who were within a mile of the blasts, she felt the need to send out one of those posts as well along the lines of "OMG, thanks for all the texts/calls asking if me and XXX are ok. We are safe! What a scary day!"

Needless to say every year since, the "Boston strong" postings are big with her.
That sounds like a demented attention seeker.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:33 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
I have a few friends on FB kinda like that too.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:01 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I have a few friends on FB kinda like that too.
Social media seems to expose it in people.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:15 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
https://www.marathoninvestigation.co...-sponsors.html
Sources: #MeToo Attention Queen Maude Gorman Lied About Having Cancer To A Real Cancer Patient, Just Like She Lied About Being Gang Raped In Hingham So She Could Win Beauty Pageants

I don't know if anyone remembers the MA beauty pageant chick that supposedly bowed out because she was triggered by a #metoo joke and claims she was gang raped at 13. The news ate it up. Well as it turns out this is the same chick who faked cancer after she tried to befriend someone I know who had actual cancer to gain intel on what having cancer is like. Turns out she was just recently caught cheating in an ultra marathon too.
Social media really is a great breading ground for sociopaths.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:21 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.co...-sponsors.html
Sources: #MeToo Attention Queen Maude Gorman Lied About Having Cancer To A Real Cancer Patient, Just Like She Lied About Being Gang Raped In Hingham So She Could Win Beauty Pageants

I don't know if anyone remembers the MA beauty pageant chick that supposedly bowed out because she was triggered by a #metoo joke and claims she was gang raped at 13. The news ate it up. Well as it turns out this is the same chick who faked cancer after she tried to befriend someone I know who had actual cancer to gain intel on what having cancer is like. Turns out she was just recently caught cheating in an ultra marathon too.
Social media really is a great breading ground for sociopaths.
Wow

Old 10-30-2018, 08:28 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

when i was in college in the mid-atlantic, a few persons was like 'you should meet cindy, she from boston too'.
when i finally meet cindy, i'm like 'what part of boston you from'; she looks at me like 'i'm not, i live in vermont'.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:31 AM

2,363 posts, read 1,850,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
when i was in college in the mid-atlantic, a few persons was like 'you should meet cindy, she from boston too'.
when i finally meet cindy, i'm like 'what part of boston you from'; she looks at me like 'i'm not, i live in vermont'.
You think she claimed Boston until a real local showed up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston