Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 01:32 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,148,099 times

Advertisements

I think the OP makes a lot of great points myself--especially about cost and housing. I live in CT and I came within an inch of moving to Boston in 2015 but I backed out at the last minute. My starting salary was going to be $70k. I found an apartment in the North End for $1750 without utilities. And that was a good rental price at the time. And all the apartments did seem really old. Of course.....my apartment was only going to be about a 10 minute walk to the TD Garden! Then I started looking at how much tickets for Celtics and Bruins games cost--not to mention concerts--and I realized there would be all these fun events down the street which I would probably rarely get to go to.

My main draw to Boston was the T. I don't drive. (Legally blind). But I realized the T might not be this magical thing I had envisioned. It's great if you take it from South Station to Fenway for Sox games or to The Garden to concerts as I had done several times. (Though NOT great if you take the Green Line from Newton Center to Fenway like I did one time only). But for rush hour, day to day transit, it did seem seriously overcrowded and a little slow.

Part of it was probably just cold feet. I was going to be moving there alone. But the closer I looked at Boston the more I began to wonder if it was really worth it after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston