Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 02:10 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,851,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Seems like it could be complicated. Lots of bus takers in Quincy, Somerville and Cambridge.
I imagine the bus will be a different deal than the subways. With the subways I know there is a lot of politics involved extending service into these other cities. I'm not sure how it works once the tracks are designated for MBTA use. It may be the case that the MBTA owns the tracks and that strip of land in all these other cities and they essentially have no say in how it's funded.

With the bus it's more complicated because there isn't any designated infrastructure for their routes that could possibly be owned by the MBTA. However there is the catch that there are loads of bus routes that are entirely contained within the city and would be the lowest hanging fruit for piloting the program. It gets messier in the subway because every line crosses outside of city limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 02:54 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,348 times
It's so funny how everyone is talking about free T as if it's actually in the realm of possibility. You folks ate it right up - hook, line and sinker. The only thing you can realistically expect from our very own comrade chairWuman is every construction project that doesn't tick every imaginable centered green new justice checkbox and isn't at least 50% affordable to those making not a penny more than $12.50/hour getting axed on the spot and the resulting SF-level rents, and a whole lot more buzzword salad on Twitter. You got exactly what you voted for, enjoy!

Old 11-03-2021, 02:56 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Baker as in Frank Baker, the only sane person on the city council. Not Charlie Baker.
oh, oh my god he's a jerk! He's my least favorite councilor by a mile. I'd rather Five Car Flaherty (gag) than that jerk.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I recall a woman getting violent with the bus driver when I took a bus years ago. Started calling her a stupid b*tch screaming at the top of her lungs. Bus driver just laughed hysterically at her like a witch.
I was behind a 23 bus, on a 23 bus- when a dude got stabbed to death and bled out on Warren Street back in like 2014. Watched it all go down his attacker fled into Warren Gardens, busses can be dangerous.

My dad always told me if they try to jump you for looking like a nerd with your big RL backpack be sure to throw the bag at them and run...

Old 11-03-2021, 02:59 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
oh, oh my god he's a jerk! He's my least favorite councilor by a mile. I'd rather Five Car Flaherty (gag) than that jerk.
Five car Flaherty. Haha. We need to make some trading cards for all these Boston politicians. How much is this Menino rookie card worth?

Old 11-03-2021, 03:08 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,319,216 times
Quote:
It's so funny how everyone is talking about free T as if it's actually in the realm of possibility. You folks ate it right up - hook, line and sinker. The only thing you can realistically expect from our very own comrade chairWuman is every construction project that doesn't tick every imaginable centered green new justice checkbox and isn't at least 50% affordable to those making not a penny more than $12.50/hour getting axed on the spot and the resulting SF-level rents, and a whole lot more buzzword salad on Twitter. You got exactly what you voted for, enjoy!
How's it going with getting your place staged and ready to sell?

Old 11-03-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Five car Flaherty. Haha. We need to make some trading cards for all these Boston politicians. How much is this Menino rookie card worth?
Mumbles Menino
Five Car Flaherty
Frank 'the Crank' Baker
Julia 'Hace Calor' Mejia

The only ones I can think of made the last two up. But it makes sense to me

Old 11-03-2021, 03:34 PM

Not yet, it'll take a year or so before wu's East San Francisco grand plan gets it into seven figure territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
How's it going with getting your place staged and ready to sell?

Old 11-03-2021, 03:42 PM

Adams was an even bigger jerk but he's exactly what NYC needed after its fun little deblasio social experiment. Just give it some time - a couple years of a few extra daily muggins, a few extra zombies on every street, a few extra thousands a year in rent or property taxes, a few extra ****ty schools and a lot fewer good schools in the name of centered green new equity and suddenly Baker will look like a great option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post

Old 11-03-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Adams was an even bigger jerk but he's exactly what NYC needed after its fun little deblasio social experiment. Just give it some time - a couple years of a few extra daily muggins, a few extra zombies on every street, a few extra thousands a year in rent or property taxes, a few extra ****ty schools and a lot fewer good schools in the name of centered green new equity and suddenly Baker will look like a great option.
NYC was and is already policed far more than Boston. With better exam schools. But it does have more room for things to slip through the cracks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston