Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 06:52 PM

4 posts, read 5,254 times

Advertisements

We are considering a move to the area and were looking for new or relatively new homes in neighborhoods that fall within the Monarch High School area. I would really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 PM

377 posts, read 1,054,541 times
If you do a real estate search on ColoProperty.com, you can do an advanced search and select a high school.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPep View Post
We are considering a move to the area and were looking for new or relatively new homes in neighborhoods that fall within the Monarch High School area. I would really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!
All of Louisville and all of Superior. You can also look at the bvsd website: Boulder Valley School District Click on "find a school".

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 AM

4 posts, read 5,254 times
Thanks both for the responses!

I should have been more specific; I know "neighborhood" has various meanings. Really, I am looking not for cities but recommendations/information on subdivisions. My search to this point has turned up places like North End, Rock Creek, etc. but it is difficult for me to tell much about these places just doing a search for homes. Even sweeping generalizations would be appreciated (eg "Subdivision A is older homes with an older population, B has young families, C has a high crime rate, D is full of mansions that no regular person can afford, and such).

Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Okay, my sweeping generalization of Rock Creek - a sea of homes......

I had one friend who lived there and every time I went I had trouble finding the house because they all looked the same. SHE even joked she had a hard time finding her house because they all looked the same.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM

13 posts, read 31,695 times
I moved to Rock Creek in Superior about 9 months ago and have spent much of that time driving around this area looking for where we want to buy in the area you pointed out. As Katiana mentions, Monarch HS covers Louisville and Superior. Rock Creek in Superior is virtually all of the new part of Superior. By new, think about 2000. Some a little newer and some as old as the mid to late 80's with the newer part being South Superior (south of Coalton Road), and the slightly older, but generally nicer, North of Coalton road.

On the other side of the 36 is Louisville and the only new housing subdivisions are North End (which you mentioned) and Steel Ranch. I'm not terribly fond of either of those two but intelligent people can disagree. Most of Louisville ranges from 70 or so years old (near the downtown) to what looks like late 80's on the other end of town (near McCaslin road - Coal Creek Elementary). It's virtually all pretty nice, though, in spite of (or perhaps because of) it not being particularly new. Some of it can be quite pricey. The "nicest" part that feels newer is probably down near the golf course (coal creek ranch, I believe). I don't love the location because nearer to the downtown seems better to me, but it is nice.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM

530 posts, read 2,625,653 times
There is a new development being built in Louisville called Steel Ranch. Right now there are 2 builders, Ryland Homes building larger family homes and Boulder Creek building patio homes. We recently purchased a lot with Boulder Creek Homes. The website is livesteelranch.com

Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Neither Louisville nor Superior is very large. You could drive all the neighborhoods in a couple hours (or less). drewjensen gave a pretty good description of Louisville. There is some early 90s housing in Lsvl as well.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM

245 posts, read 708,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post

I had one friend who lived there and every time I went I had trouble finding the house because they all looked the same. SHE even joked she had a hard time finding her house because they all looked the same.
Agreed! Has happened to me several times where I almost pulled into someone else's driveway - After a couple of months, I am fine "locating" our home during the day but still have a hard time at night since all homes look so similar !!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 PM

724 posts, read 1,934,389 times
I agree about a sea of homes for Superior at Rock Creek - while we lived there, it was very easy to mistake your place for your neighbor's. It's not a very neighborhood-ish area in general. But the bike and walk paths are fantastic. We've also looked at Steel Ranch homes and generally loved them. Perfect location for the schools and access to Boulder and Louisville - pricey though. I'd love to have more yard and less cookie-cutter homes, but the kind of neighborhood layouts we like you only find in places we can't afford, like just north of Chautauqua - there doesn't seem to be an area in Superior, and very little on the higher end in Louisville, giving both solid, unique homes and proper spacing between the homes, within the school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area