Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think rents do go down a little in the late fall, as landlords know otherwise the place may stay empty until the next school year. Or, one may get a "move-in" discount or something like that. I know someone who got a deal this way.
I think that may be the case for student rentals but not family rentals like the OP is seeking. At least that is what our locator friend in Boulder has said.
The person I know who got a good deal on an apt. was not a student, nor was he renting in a student neighborhood. He had a 2 BR in a north Boulder neighborhood. Boulder is just not *that* big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM

7,521 posts, read 13,642,700 times
Exclamation Moving to snow & ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug4 View Post
I am so sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to do a search and it came up with every other area in the U.S.
My family and I are moving to the Boulder area from San Diego. Rents that I have seen seem to be just as high as San Diego. My question is: do rents in the Boulder area (Longmont, Niwot, etc.) go down in the winter months? We would consider waiting until November etc to move if so.
Thank you!
Are you familiar with winter weather ? The only person I know who moved to Boulder from out of state, and hated it, was from Fallbrook (near SD).

Good luck on your rental search, and be sure to have any cars "winterized" when you get here.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,960,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug4 View Post
Do I have to ask this in a new thread? IDK, but here it goes. We will need to be in Longmont or someplace less expensive than the city of Boulder but I am going to graduate school there. Will the commute from Longmont to the University be horrid? I don't want to spend an hour in traffic each way. Reminds me of San Diego.
I would say to look on the south/southwest side of Longmont. You don't want to have to go through Longmont first. We live on the southwest side and I'm guessing 20 minutes to campus depending on the traffic.

Our son lived on campus last year but came home and house sat for us for 2 weeks and went back and forth. He had no complaints at all and in fact, will live at home this next year and commute.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:40 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
Why doesn't anyone ever recommend Gunbarrel? Is it too small and not a good area?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:59 AM

2,887 posts, read 7,139,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever recommend Gunbarrel? Is it too small and not a good area?
Do an advanced search in this forum using gunbarrel as key word - you'll find many threads about Gunbarrel, including many positive posts about living there.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Agree with suzco. Gunbarrel is very suburban; some people don't like that. (Not expressing my personal opinion)

Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
Quote:
Agree with suzco. Gunbarrel is very suburban; some people don't like that. (Not expressing my personal opinion)
Compared to what I am used to, Boulder is very suburban. I think most would agree, Boulder is really a suburb of Denver and certainly not a city by any stretch.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Compared to what I am used to, Boulder is very suburban. I think most would agree, Boulder is really a suburb of Denver and certainly not a city by any stretch.
Oh, come on! Boulder is part of the CSA, yes it is. But Boulder has its own downtown and many businesses. There is a huge influx of workers into Boulder every day. Don't you live in Fox Chapel, where the Heinz family farm is located?

Old 07-05-2013, 07:46 AM

17,714 posts, read 29,853,881 times
Default What?

Quote:
Oh, come on! Boulder is part of the CSA
Confederate States of America. Really?

Old 07-05-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Confederate States of America. Really?
Oh, aren't you funny? Combined Statistical Area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area