Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,557 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I just landed a job in Broomfield and will be moving in from out of state.

Can anyone recommend a nice area to rent an apt/townhome/house in. If anyone can recommend apt buildings that would be helpful as well.

We would like to be close to Broomfield/Louisville area and near walking/running trails.

1 or 2 bedroom plus dog friendly.

Also I have a 2wd SUV, do you recommend snow tires or are All Terrains acceptable?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times
This is based off of your job being in Broomfield close to hwy 36.

There are a lot of places very close. If you want trails, look in Superior Colorado near the Coalton Trailhead. The trails from here make a big loop known as the Dirty Bismark and our rolling with beautiful views. The big apartment complexes are Horizons at Rock Creek and Camden Interlocken Apartments. I've heard good and bad about both.

If you want more mountain trails look at South Boulder. Boulder Creek Apartments are updated older apartments and there are condos for rent in the Tantra area from individuals.

In Louisville there is North Main at Steel Ranch. The trails are mild, but the downtown is close. The train goes right by the apartments though.

There is also the Retreat at Flatirons and a few other apartments on the East side of hwy 36. This area seems isolated to me, but everything is new and shiny.

If you give us some more deets like budget and what you are looking for in an apartment, we can give you more specific recommendations.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:24 PM

1,949 posts, read 2,297,831 times
I did not know they made 2WD SUV's . I have a heavy front wheel drive and I have never had snow tires. If the snow is over 2 feet I stay home until it starts to melt .
Bring lots of money. live in style. Impress yourself . Colorado is great.

Catania Luxury Apartments Floor Plans in Broomfield, CO 80020

they allow pets

Old 11-20-2017, 03:41 PM

401 posts, read 487,309 times
If you are single or a young couple then I would look at the Arista Uptown Apartments or other apartments in that area. It gives you access to walk to restaurants/breweries etc and there are lots of young people with dogs in that area, perhaps making it easier to make friends.

The closer you go to Boulder the more expensive rent will get so Broomfield is already not the cheapest area but as you get on to Louisville, Superior etc, prices tend to go up. This might not be the case with every townhome/apartment but it is the case in general for these areas.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:12 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
This is based off of your job being in Broomfield close to hwy 36.

There are a lot of places very close. If you want trails, look in Superior Colorado near the Coalton Trailhead. The trails from here make a big loop known as the Dirty Bismark and our rolling with beautiful views. The big apartment complexes are Horizons at Rock Creek and Camden Interlocken Apartments. I've heard good and bad about both.
OP, Also in that area ^ are townhomes that are sometimes for rent at Summit at Rock Creek. Great access to trails. Quiet. Great location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area