Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 12,985 times

Advertisements

Just came back from a tiring house-hunting trip to Boulder. We don't want to live in Boulder itself -- we have a 1.5 year old and don't mind suburban life style. So we mainly looked at Louisville and Superior. We intended to buy something around $800 k but found it is the smallest price segment in the housing market there. Either you have those more than 1 million monsters, or you have houses below 600,000. Why aren't there anything around 800,000 on sale?

Also is Superior Elementary School a good one? It's still a little early to worry about schools, but time goes fast...

I'd appreciate any information you have to share...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 01:23 PM

7,185 posts, read 9,320,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chensalias View Post
Just came back from a tiring house-hunting trip to Boulder. We don't want to live in Boulder itself -- we have a 1.5 year old and don't mind suburban life style. So we mainly looked at Louisville and Superior. We intended to buy something around $800 k but found it is the smallest price segment in the housing market there. Either you have those more than 1 million monsters, or you have houses below 600,000. Why aren't there anything around 800,000 on sale?

Also is Superior Elementary School a good one? It's still a little early to worry about schools, but time goes fast...

I'd appreciate any information you have to share...
Boulder controls building permits to keep the housing values high. The Liberal Elites control the town.

Affordable homes exist in Longmont, but then you get to commute on the diagonal highway. Amgen is expanding in Longmont, so I expect a strong housing market there.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM

530 posts, read 2,625,472 times
We live in Louisville and love it. We moved in last summer and have 2 kids. Did you look in Rock Creek Ranch? Some nice homes on the golf course. We worked with a great realtor, if you want some info just send me a private message and I'll give you her name. You will love this area.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 PM

Yes, we looked at Rock Creek. In fact the house that I like the most so far is a Rock Creek home. It is within walking distance to Superior Elementary. How can I send you a private message?

One more question: do you have any recommendation on good daycares? Are the Montessori schools there (Boulder, Jarrow, etc.) good?

Thanks a million!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Boulder controls building permits to keep the housing values high. The Liberal Elites control the town.

Affordable homes exist in Longmont, but then you get to commute on the diagonal highway. Amgen is expanding in Longmont, so I expect a strong housing market there.
Do you know of this super contemporary development in Longmont called "Prospect"? We took a look at one home there was very attracted to it. But the problem is that it was on the market since 2002 and never sold. Strange.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
You can find test scores for all the Colorado schools on the Colo Dept. of Ed. website. I don't know it, you will have to google it. The people who I know whose kids go to Supeior Elem. are happy with it.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM

11 posts, read 15,097 times
If you have $800,000 to spend on a house maybe you should consider other parts of the contry. Colorado is nice, but if you can afford $800,000 you could live in some of the finest neighborhoods in most cities. Chances are, with the housing bubble taking place in Colorado, you most likely are looking for a $300,000 house that you can buy for $800,000. Be careful, dont be someone else's greater fool.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:51 PM

530 posts, read 2,625,472 times
My bad, I meant to write Coal Creek Ranch in Louisville...oops. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name on this post. Don't be detered by some of the negative posts you might read.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:44 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,445 times
With your price range, I might consider living in Boulder proper. My opinion of the area has been with children I would want to live close in to the city so I would not have to be dealing with all the traffic on the I-36 corridor when commuting to school, practice, whatever your priorities may be. Boulder also provides nice mental stimualtion for the parents! I love the feel of the close in neighborhoods, although a remodel is almost a given in most of these neighborhoods. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 AM

34 posts, read 99,509 times
Default School info

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
You can find test scores for all the Colorado schools on the Colo Dept. of Ed. website. I don't know it, you will have to google it. The people who I know whose kids go to Supeior Elem. are happy with it.

There is also a terrific site: greatschools.net, which gives you all sorts of info on schools like testing info, class sizes, ratings from parents, and it also allows you to compare schools.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area