Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:55 PM

45 posts, read 170,177 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to CO in June and am planning to enroll my daughter in Boulder HS but was advised by the school that I would need to find an apartment in the Boulder HS district... would any of you know good rating apartments in the Boulder HS district?

Thanks much... dk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 03:27 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times
Do they mean in the immediate area surrounding the High School on Arapahoe Avenue or the Boulder Valley School District (BVSD)?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
Do they mean in the immediate area surrounding the High School on Arapahoe Avenue or the Boulder Valley School District (BVSD)?

The school advised that South Boulder area is a Fairview district, whereas North Boulder is Boulder HS district. So I did some research online and found that apts such as Habitat for expample, is in the Boulder district, whereas Tantra Lake is a Fairview district.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2CO View Post
The school advised that South Boulder area is a Fairview district, whereas North Boulder is Boulder HS district. So I did some research online and found that apts such as Habitat for expample, is in the Boulder district, whereas Tantra Lake is a Fairview district.
Well, I lived in the Habitat apartments for 6 months when I first moved to Boulder. They are okay. I had a studio which was adequate but the kitchen was hideously out of date and it was very noisy as it was on the ground floor and there was little to no insulation between mine and the apartment upstairs. Also, not every building has its own laundry room.

However, the 205 bus into Boulder leaves from right outside the entrance and it's a nice quiet area with a 24-hour supermarket close by. How much are you willing to spend and what amenities are you looking for?

Old 02-04-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
Well, I lived in the Habitat apartments for 6 months when I first moved to Boulder. They are okay. I had a studio which was adequate but the kitchen was hideously out of date and it was very noisy as it was on the ground floor and there was little to no insulation between mine and the apartment upstairs. Also, not every building has its own laundry room.

However, the 205 bus into Boulder leaves from right outside the entrance and it's a nice quiet area with a 24-hour supermarket close by. How much are you willing to spend and what amenities are you looking for?
Thanks for that... i don't think i'd like it much either, inside it looks claustrophobic and too white... I'm looking for a bit of charm and character... I am willing to pay anywhere between $900 and $1200/mo. What do you think about Valencia apts? I am not looking for lavish/fancy, but nice and quaint.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:43 PM

I don't know the Valencia at all but it's a nice neighbourhood - very residential. There's a huge Safeway supermarket down on 28th & Iris. Iris is a busy road so it might be noisy but you'd have to visit them to check how bad it gets.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I would suggest visiting the BVSD website, Boulder Valley School District - Home Page, to look at the attendance areas. It is not quite as simple as "North Boulder" and "South Boulder".

Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I would suggest visiting the BVSD website, Boulder Valley School District - Home Page, to look at the attendance areas. It is not quite as simple as "North Boulder" and "South Boulder".
Thanks PitNurse, you're so right, because some apts in a given zipcode can be either Boulder High or Fairview i.e. 85303 can belong to either depending on the "dividing line"... I'll check the site. Thanks much!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:08 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
Quote:
Thanks PitNurse, you're so right, because some apts in a given zipcode can be either Boulder High or Fairview i.e. 85303 can belong to either depending on the "dividing line"... I'll check the site. Thanks much!
It's also helpful to know that oddly enough, in much of Gunbarrel/Heatherwood, you actually have the choice of Boulder or Fairview, that is, you can choose either one, without needing to open enroll.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
Quote:
Zip code 85303 is not a Colorado zip code; what zip code are you actually referring to? (You also need to be careful looking in Gunbarrel; part of it is in the St. Vrain District, not BVSD.) Here's a link to the optional Boulder/Fairview area: http://content.bvsd.org/attareas/maps/BoFairopt.jpg

Last edited by suzco; 02-05-2008 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Add the link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area