Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,496,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Kimbo Slice, the viral video backyard-fighting sensation turned mixed martial artist, is gearing up for a foray into the sweet science.

Slice, whose real name is Kevin Ferguson, told ESPNNewYork.com that he's eager to see how he fares in the boxing world, after spending almost three years in MMA.

"I feel like a baby all over again," said the 36-year-old Florida resident. "I'm thinking about this at night. I'm gonna be a problem in the heavyweight division. I'm going to be coming in with a bad demeanor. I want to see what it's like to break some ribs, break a jaw with one punch."
Kimbo Slice to leave MMA to box in heavyweight class - ESPN New York

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
He wants to see what it's like to break some ribs and a jaw with one punch? He's about to find out, only it will be his own ribs and jaw that are broken. Even with the lack of great talent at HW right now, guys like the Klits, Adamek, Arreola, Haye, Chagaev, and maybe even a washed up Holyfield will KO his dumbass inside of three rounds.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:14 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,095,197 times
Kimbo Slice Has Jumped to Boxing, Roy Jones Jr. Says He's Willing to Fight Him - Bloody Elbow

according to roy jones jr your wrong about him getting KOed so easily.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 AM

And Roy Jones Jr. was wrong the last few times he predicted he'd win a fight.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,682,794 times
kimbo slice sucks

Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
And Roy Jones Jr. was wrong the last few times he predicted he'd win a fight.
so what your saying is that roy jones jr doesnt know a guy with boxing potential and talent when he sees it even though he has 41 yrs old and has been boxing since he was what 5 yrs old? but then you know better then he does because you been to a few boxing gyms and watched some fights on tv?
i guess by your fuzzy match shane mosley doesnt know talent or anything about who can fight because he predicted he would beat motormouth. i guess cotto doesnt know anything because he predicted he would beat manny also. LMAO good call.
i think im gonna go with the pro on this one.

i dont think kimbo is in any way a good boxer now, and it is very late for him to get into it but he has the hands, he is a hard puncher with quick solid crisp hands. he isnt going to be a champ, but he will make a paycheck, and i find it funny that boxing is taking in a guy who couldnt make it in mma. funny how the tides turn isnt it?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:52 AM

RJJ is going to talk up Kimbo because it's in his best interest. One, it builds interest and revenue for the fight, and two, if and when he wins it makes him look as though he actually defeated a legitimate opponent. Don't tell me you haven't seen this tactic before.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:08 PM

Why would Roy hype a fight that has not even been considered? He said he would fight him after he has 3-4 fights. Maybe you should read the whole thing again.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:32 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
He was not made out for the MMA, he's a street fighter and i think boxing will be more of his forte.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Why would Roy hype a fight that has not even been considered? He said he would fight him after he has 3-4 fights. Maybe you should read the whole thing again.
I did read the whole thing cupcake, and Roy is indeed giving him way more credit than he deserves. If Roy was really looking for a fight with a top contender or someone dangerous, he'd have signed a fight with Dawson or Pascal. He's considering cashing in on the freak show/carnival aspect of Kimbo's name knowing it's not a dangerous fight.

If Kimbo couldn't cut it in MMA applying his street fighting skills, he's not going to do any better in boxing. What's wrong, things getting slow in the 25 other MMA forums you frequent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing