Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 AM

22 posts, read 33,335 times

Advertisements

He made it, but with a harness. But did you hear how long it took to get the government of both the United States and Canada to let him do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 04:11 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
I don't want to see him die either. But when a daredevil bills, promotes and advertises himself as a daredevil, then do-gooder ABC should let him be a daredevil. Who's gonna be the anchor for this phony fiasco anyway -- the weepy Diane Sawyer?

Wallenda should cancel the whole mess. Being secured by a tether will destroy his and his family's sterling international reputation forever as a daredevils.
Boo-hoo, hoo. WaWaWa. Oh mommie hold my wittle hand.

ABC is saying Oh! It's the children! The children, the children, the children! It's always America's Democrat-brainwashed children. Phtttt! Cover the eyes of the "sensitive" little brats or don't let them watch TV!
We always say how savage the Romans were watching gladiators fight to the death for entertainment. My how far we have come.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
Tether or no Tether. What he did tonight was nothing short of amazing. I'm glad he had the tether on, I don't have the stomach to watch someone plummet to their death. Good publicity for the hard luck town of Niagara Falls. I didn't expect ABC to have a 2 hour Pre-walk show either, almost too much coverage of the event.
It was incredible to watch and he made it without slipping, so he would have indeed made it without the tether. I don't see why there should be any asterisk on this achievement.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:25 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,035,475 times
I watched the 1600 foot tightrope walk & it was intresting. The safety harness was a good idea but luckily he didnt need it.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
I'd have been more impressed if he had gotten halfway across, then stood on his head and played "Flight of the Bumblebee" on the clarinet.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:04 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,035,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'd have been more impressed if he had gotten halfway across, then stood on his head and played "Flight of the Bumblebee" on the clarinet.
Flight of the bumblebee by ray martin & his orchestra in stereo is awesome.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:19 AM

984 posts, read 2,713,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'd have been impressed if Canadian Customs had met him on the wire..

Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,143,701 times
With the harness, I think it lessens the impact a bit. It's not "death defying". If he doesn't do it, he just hangs there and waits for the rescue baskets. I don't want to see anyone die on TV, but I believe if you are doing these stunts, they should be done without anything. It's all or nothing since that's the claim he staked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area