Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,700,941 times

Advertisements

My toughts and Prayers go out to the families for their loss.

But then I got to see just how cold this state Govt can be with Gov Paterson reminding people in Clarence that taxes were due but he was extending the deadline for them 1 week due to what happened

Last edited by aurorawatcher; 02-13-2009 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 03:49 PM

67 posts, read 219,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energygrrl View Post
A Horrible tragedy!
Oh my goodness... I am praying for the families. All were lost
In response to those laughing Clarence kids... well, that hits too close to home for me.
My 21 yr old son died in a home in Clarence, NY and the kids that came to the funeral where disrespectful, laughing etc
I was so traumatized by my sons death I could not respond.
But yea, everything is a joke to them.
Rich and into drugs they have become hardened to the pain of others
That is incredibly sad to hear! I am sorry for your loss, no matter how long ago it might have been. I don't want to rekindle your bad memories of this, but I did want to express my sympathies (even if it was a year, five years or ten years ago). I am twenty years old myself and could not imagine how my mother would react to such news. And for those kids that were being outrageously disrespectful... karma is all I can think of. I wouldn't wish disrespect on anyone's funeral, but I hope those kids learn a very valuable and hard lesson at some point in their lives. On the other hand, even though I was not there, it helps to sometimes give people the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps some of their laughs were remembering humorous moments they might have shared with your son. Perhaps it was their on unique way of grieving, but also celebrating your son's life. Regardless of the the true intent, I hope that life after the period of mourning has afforded you smiles, laughter and happiness at other things. Here's to wishing you a long life filled with better days and a consolation in knowing that your son is in a better place now and his love for you transcends even the boundaries of life itself.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:19 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,236,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbound2024 View Post
That is incredibly sad to hear! I am sorry for your loss, no matter how long ago it might have been. I don't want to rekindle your bad memories of this, but I did want to express my sympathies (even if it was a year, five years or ten years ago). I am twenty years old myself and could not imagine how my mother would react to such news. And for those kids that were being outrageously disrespectful... karma is all I can think of. I wouldn't wish disrespect on anyone's funeral, but I hope those kids learn a very valuable and hard lesson at some point in their lives. On the other hand, even though I was not there, it helps to sometimes give people the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps some of their laughs were remembering humorous moments they might have shared with your son. Perhaps it was their on unique way of grieving, but also celebrating your son's life. Regardless of the the true intent, I hope that life after the period of mourning has afforded you smiles, laughter and happiness at other things. Here's to wishing you a long life filled with better days and a consolation in knowing that your son is in a better place now and his love for you transcends even the boundaries of life itself.

This is perhaps one of the best posts I've had the pleasure of coming across on this thing in a long time. Kudos and reps to you!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,346,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
My gosh - thank Heavens they are ok!
A heck of a scarry night for myself and all of WNY, I can't believe it - it could have been anyone!

...3407 - never gonna forget that number.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:51 PM

323 posts, read 1,791,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbound2024 View Post

Thank you for your condolences. I know that I have my "forever angel bodyguard" and that he is by far in a place of great beauty and surrounded by love.
Thank you for reminding me that there are good people in the world who truly care.
You are I am sure a great asset to your Mother.
For so young, yet to have such wisdom and insight is a gift.
Thank you.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM

448 posts, read 1,470,720 times
Today I thought what if?! My husband travels on a weekly basis. Sometimes flies. I pray for his safety and of those with him. Even when he travels by car. What if? We could not imagine the loss these families are feeling. I heard of the the wife who lost her husband on September 11th. She was going to celebrate his birthday. She was on that plane. She is now celebrating with him.
God was with the two people that survived. Though they are without their husband/father too.

Today sure puts things if perspective. On whats important. And what is not.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 AM

654 posts, read 3,456,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
My toughts and Prayers go out to the families for their loss.

But then I got to see just how cold this state Govt can be with Gov Paterson reminding people in Clarence that taxes were due but he was extending the deadline for them 1 week due to what happened
This is what I find repulsive about human beings in govt. People are having to process this tragic loss and all the govt care about is money. Ugh, those ppl in govt should have been in that plane.....

I was listening to this news on CNN radio most of this morning and my prayers and thoughts go to all the families for this tragic loss. I can't imagine the emotion the waiting people at the airport is going through. We can't fear living life because of this though, because when our time comes, it will come whether we see it or not.

Unfortunately planes are most vulnerable when flying in possible ice conditions, and they really should restrict flying in such inclement weather. And from what was reported the plane wasn't even a year old yet.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:44 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,720 times
thank you BL4 for the kind rep and message.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:03 AM

260 posts, read 977,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
And that 9/11 widow died just as her husband did while heading to celebrate his life .....The hand of Fate can be ruthless...
I know... When I heard that my jaw dropped. I cant believe that happened... God works in mysterious ways.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 AM

200 posts, read 610,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
I know... When I heard that my jaw dropped. I cant believe that happened... God works in mysterious ways.
I had the pleasure of meeting this good woman last year. Such a terrible loss. CT is mourning with you folks up in Buffalo, for Fairfield County has lost one of its most inspirational residents. We are discussing her many accomplishments over on the CT board.

Prayers for you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area