Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times

Advertisements

my brother, was taken to hospital and deemed incompentant and will need to go to a nursing home. i told leasing consultant and she said he will have to pay rent for next month even though i have thoroughly cleaned out his apartment and it is read for a new tenant .

will he have to pay for the next month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialrunn5 View Post
my brother, was taken to hospital and deemed incompentant and will need to go to a nursing home. i told leasing consultant and she said he will have to pay rent for next month even though i have thoroughly cleaned out his apartment and it is read for a new tenant .

will he have to pay for the next month
I would consult and elder attorney in regard to this, I would think if you get a letter from the nursing home rendering incompentant and it is cleaned out you would be good to go.

Another avenue is just tell her he has no money to pay. I dont know your brothers financial situation - if you like you can dm me, as I have been through this. But lets say he has no savings - all his income minus 50 will be going into the nursing home, so even if he has bills - so what? let it ruin his credit, he sadly wont be needing it anyway. If he is not married, no one, not even his poa has to pay those bills. Please if he has any money at all, rem you can do a pre-burial for him that medicaid cant take - even if he is not close to utilizing that, I would encourage you to do that. There is a lot of things they wont tell you - I would be happy to give you some information, the best that I can....

best of luck, I am praying for you and your brother ..... its always a sad sad thing to have to do, I totally understand. If someone has never gone through this, they dont understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area