Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:59 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
I so agree. One has no water, boredom issues and social problems, one has plenty of water but also plenty of social problems. Boredom would be less probably depending on how many people you know in both areas but ya, both are lousy. I can name better places to be for sure.
So, GoldCountry, I know you like to kvetch a lot. But are you aware the posts you are kvetching with are 4 and 5 years old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 10:09 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times
Is air quality in the northern part of the Central Valley (Sacramento) considered to be bad, as well?

Old 07-25-2014, 12:13 AM

479 posts, read 431,902 times
Default Haven't read a post

in here yet, but saw the thread headline just a few lines up from this thread headline: California's Beautiful Central Valley. Though maybe you two ought to hook up...

Old 07-25-2014, 03:55 AM

528 posts, read 867,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So, GoldCountry, I know you like to kvetch a lot. But are you aware the posts you are kvetching with are 4 and 5 years old?
Still, they are good to talk about and plus, some come off google searches where I type words in and brings me to it. I know you like to be a homer though based on your response to me .

Old 07-25-2014, 09:54 AM

61 posts, read 99,675 times
We live in Turlock, one of the last really good cities in the Central Valley OK, maybe I'm biased.

We live here because we've managed to carve out a pretty good life. I wish the forums would offer the CENTRAL VALLEY a regional page as well!

Old 07-25-2014, 10:21 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
Still, they are good to talk about and plus, some come off google searches where I type words in and brings me to it. I know you like to be a homer though based on your response to me .
You bet I'm a homer. I live in one of the finest places in the world - and have a great attitude about it. You enjoy "googling" for whatever feeds your foul temperament.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:46 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
Fresno, despite its proximity to some beautiful parks, absolutely has no appeal to me, to put it nicely.

Bakersfield isn't too bad, but only because of its relatively close proximity to the Greater L.A. area.

Sacramento is beautiful, but the Sacramentans I've dealt with seem to have an attitude problem. I don't know if surrounding areas like Davis and Placer County (which isn't really in the valley) would be that much friendlier.

Stockton is a basket case.

Merced has a nice, wonderful, new UC campus, but I'm not sure Merced has much else to offer.

Among the few towns I'd probably consider in the valley are Redding, Chico, Turlock, and Visalia, and their immediately surrounding areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California