Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:30 AM

436 posts, read 951,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Please, leave your militia agenda where you live. If you complain about a $19 fee than by all means do not move to California because you will not like it here. Oakies are welcomed in California as always but gun-toking hicks will be very disappointed. Do yourself a favor, don't come!
How about you do America a favor and you move yourself and those liberal ideas out of Cali so the decent people can come back?

It's a shame to see what some very bad people have done to that piece of American land. Sooner or later, you're all going to get reminded that you still live in America, and you can't declare war on freedom in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew9000 View Post
the $19 is to conduct a background check on all individuals seeking to register a gun in the state.
So Gun #2 needs a different background check than Gun #1, though both guns are being recorded on the same form? Cali already imposes a requirement for handgun owners to get a California Handgun License which has its own background check. Each gun then needs its own background check? That's just silly. It's a way to keep fleecing the taxpayers.

Quote:
so I take it you don't think guns should be registered with the state?
Absolutely not. Nobody does. Are you originally from America? Anyone who believes in gun registration in America is seen as Hitler, Stalin or Mao. Gun registration is a shocking and terrifying idea in America. Registration defeats a large purpose of 2A which is that the government always serves at the peril of removal by the citizens. If the government knows which citizens can remove it, the government can mitigate that threat, removing the Constitutional blessing of fearful servants.

Quote:
Maybe you think they should but think you shouldn't have to pay for it? You just want the tax payers to pick up the bill?
Guns should absolutely not be registered anywhere. Everyone in America knows this. There should be no department of gun registrations, saving the taxpayers the burden of paying for a needless department of tyrants.

Who would ever have thought that America would have sunk so law and drifted so far from its original purpose that we would see gun registrations in our once-free country?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
How about you do America a favor and you move yourself and those liberal ideas out of Cali so the decent people can come back?

It's a shame to see what some very bad people have done to that piece of American land. Sooner or later, you're all going to get reminded that you still live in America, and you can't declare war on freedom in America.
Why are you posting on the Los Angeles forum when you do not live here and clearly have no interest in California? You are a troll merely trying to stir up your hatred for a state that is completely at odds with your kind of person. We are grateful you do not live here and only wish you would find something more productive then to find an excuse to spread your militia anti-America pro-Timothy McVeigh propaganda. Typical troll!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Why are you posting on the Los Angeles forum when you do not live here and clearly have no interest in California?
I'd love to live in California if I could clear out the trolls that have ruined the state. That's why I'm talking about a form that applies to people who have moved to California.

Duh.

By the way, that was a very weak ad hominem you threw out when I backed you in a corner. You lost on the argument, so you tried to talk about me. We see how much good that did you.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:28 AM

21 posts, read 48,193 times
I guess some people are just so anal they find any reason to complain about California.
Seriously.... $20? A thread goes 4 pages about having to pay a $20 fee for bringing in a handgun from out-of-state???? I guess California is just one of those whacked out states that it would boggle the mind of any reasonable person to conceive such a thing.
Then you have people who lived in California at one point in time and now live in Missouri, Massachusetts, and especially Texas, etc., who come and try to remind us of yet "another reason" why they moved out of California, found Utopia, and want to convince us happy Californians/Angelinos of it. And lets not forget our "gun toting hicks", as Californio Sur put it, who throw in their .02 cents about how they should be able to buy nothing short of an RPG and land mines without even having to give anyone their full name.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
MODERATOR. This poster is using the wrong forum and is merely trolling in the Los Angeles forum. Please lock him out!
So you're now attacking freedom of speech, on top of your attacks on the freedom to defend oneself?

Are there a lot of people like you in California? I'd love to move there, and I'm putting in a lot of effort on these forums trying to learn what I can about California, but it wouldn't work well for your types if I came out there.

You made some arguments, and I answered them. Is crying to the teacher what you usually do when you run out of responses? How do you handle yourself when there's nobody to cry to?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:30 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
I'd love to live in California if I could clear out the trolls that have ruined the state. That's why I'm talking about a form that applies to people who have moved to California.

Duh.

By the way, that was a very weak ad hominem you threw out when I backed you in a corner. You lost on the argument, so you tried to talk about me. We see how much good that did you.
Regardless of my views on guns, you are barking up the wrong tree. People in CA GENERALLY do not like guns. The open carry group got a whole 12 people together for a "rally" in Hermosa Beach over the weekend. You'd be better off trying to start a pro gun campaign attempting to remind people of their rights and the positives of gun ownership rather than going around pointing fingers and throwing around names like Hitler to anyone who is anti-gun.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Who said we should deny the right to bear arms?

Tell that to my cousin who found his dad's gun and shot his friend in the head by accident.
Using your logic we should also outlaw cars, knives, high windows, stairs, baseballs, pointed sticks, medicine, surgery, swimming pools, lakes, ponds, buckets, bathtubs and anything else where someone can die accidentally.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinovelvet View Post
Seriously.... $20? A thread goes 4 pages about having to pay a $20 fee for bringing in a handgun from out-of-state????
It's $20, per gun, not per form.

In my case, by the time I'm done, I'm looking at an expensive bill just to move my property across state lines.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
Regardless of my views on guns, you are barking up the wrong tree. People in CA GENERALLY do not like guns. The open carry group got a whole 12 people together for a "rally" in Hermosa Beach over the weekend. You'd be better off trying to start a pro gun campaign attempting to remind people of their rights and the positives of gun ownership rather than going around pointing fingers and throwing around names like Hitler to anyone who is anti-gun.
Wow. I guess it shocks me to know that there a whole state has a general dislike of guns. That's so weird. Thanks for the info. This is what I need to know about California.

Are the anti-gunners not bothered by being neo-Hitlerians? I know it's over 60 years ago, and that's a "long time," these days, but have they forgotten who Hitler was?

You know what they say, people who don't learn their history are doomed to repeat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California