Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Bubb,

We've had a lot of questions like this from ppl planning to move to the Humboldt area over the years. Then we never hear back from them again. Did they change their mind, fall into a fog bubble never to emerge again or...? So in your case if you do go please respond back later, lets say after the first 6 months, then a year or two. I would find it very interesting to hear your perspective once there and compare it to the way you think about it now. As they say hindsight is always 20/20.

Derek
Except in Humbolt, where hindsight is just more fog ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 10:26 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,686,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Except in Humbolt, where hindsight is just more fog ...
Are you saying it makes it hard to see the forest from the trees once there?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Are you saying it makes it hard to see the forest from the trees once there?
There's forest and trees there? Thought it was just all mist/cloud?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
There's forest and trees there? Thought it was just all mist/cloud?
It really is weird though when these ppl never respond again like they joined some kind of commune and took an oath of silence, fell into some kind of time warp vortex, or something other than behind the Redwood Curtain. It could make a pretty good scifi flick. You can check out any time you like. But you can never leave.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:52 AM

19 posts, read 52,834 times
MtnSurfer, it's not a done deal yet, but it's close. This upcoming trip will tell the tale. If I do take the job, I will definitely report back. Unless I take the oath of silence about inhabiting a communal, self-sustaining, geodesic dome, accessible only through a time-warp vortex.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
It really is weird though when these ppl never respond again like they joined some kind of commune and took an oath of silence, fell into some kind of time warp vortex, or something other than behind the Redwood Curtain. It could make a pretty good scifi flick. You can check out any time you like. But you can

never leave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb View Post
MtnSurfer, it's not a done deal yet, but it's close. This upcoming trip will tell the tale. If I do take the job, I will definitely report back. Unless I take the oath of silence about inhabiting a communal, self-sustaining, geodesic dome, accessible only through a time-warp vortex.
Yes, folks ... the questions remain ... do "they" come out at night and whisk Humboltaneans away? ... do we hear banjos in the mist? ...

hey, remember the Swamp Thing? Maybe he moved from the bayous to Humbolt?

he HORROR (and by horror I mean the sheer crap/awesomeness

Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Hahaaa, Bubbs famous last words!

Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 AM

I have returned. More to come . . .

Old 12-12-2011, 02:33 AM

Default Video link

Here's a video of assorted images I took while on the trip. Turn on the sound. Don't judge harshly, I took it with a pocket Canon Cybershot and learned a trial version of video editing software to put it together. The middle screen size at 720hd seems to be the best. Weather was great and no Sasquatch encounters. I recommend clicking the link below the little video box the says Humboldt - YouTube as it's bigger in size.

Humboldt - YouTube

Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Here's a video of assorted images I took while on the trip. Turn on the sound. Don't judge harshly, I took it with a pocket Canon Cybershot and learned a trial version of video editing software to put it together. The middle screen size at 720hd seems to be the best. Weather was great and no Sasquatch encounters. I recommend clicking the link below the little video box the says Humboldt - YouTube as it's bigger in size.

Humboldt - YouTube
Hey Bubb, that was great, wish I could give you 10 rep points for that. I moved here on February 29th of 1992 and have never left. But your video would make me want to visit here if I did not already live here. You caught so much of the best of here. It is truly wonderful here, life is so much slower, people actually take the time to talk to each other, not just pass each other on the street with just a "good day". When you ask someone how they are doing, they will take the time and tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California