Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times

Advertisements

Crusading anti-illegal immigrant Costa Mesa police chief Chris Shawkey has resigned, rather than face allegations of malfeasence. This is from today's LAT:

Dogged by questions over his travel, Costa Mesa Police Chief Chris Shawkey confirmed Tuesday that he had resigned.
Shawkey did not give a reason for his departure, but he had been under fire for travel vouchers indicating he may have expensed mileage for personal trips to Arizona, where he lived prior to accepting the job in Costa Mesa.
"I'm proud of the job I've done in my four years at the department, no matter what others may think," he wrote in an e-mail. "I was lead representative on several highly controversial issues for the city, including illegal immigration, day laborers, the massage parlor moratorium and medical marijuana.
"I never shied away from the difficult issues, and I always told people the truth. Even if it wasn't what they wanted to hear."

"I always told the people the truth. Oh yeah, except maybe for those fraudulent travel vouchers I submitted" Yeah, he sounds real contrite.

This guy should run for office- he'd make a great GOP candidate. All law and order, crackin' down on them Mixikins, screaming about high taxes on one hand, while picking the pockets of the tax payers with the other.

Sic semper hypocritus. I hope the OC D.A.'s office has the balls to prosecute him, but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
I'm disappointed. I liked his chutzpah and stance on the chattering illegals.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I'm disappointed. I liked his chutzpah and stance on the chattering illegals.
You're "disappointed" that he turned out to be a crook and a hypocrite, stealing from the tax payers of Costa Mesa, while scapegoating and demagoging a mostly helpless segment of the population he swore to protect and serve?

Not me! I like it when these phony-balony crusading heartless demagogs get exposed for what they are.

The poet Robert Lowell wrote: "Truth, forever on the scaffold! Wrong, forever on the throne!" It restores my faith in the system, when one of the guys used to sitting on the throne winds up on the scaffold. Doesn't happen often enough.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 PM

Like you, I love it when the pols I don't agree with are pilloried for what they do, especially when it's hypocritical... such as that gay-bashing Senator from the Central Valley who was pulled over last year for DWI while leaving a GAY BAR. (He very recently came out of the closet publically)

Old 03-09-2011, 01:06 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
This guy should run for office- he'd make a great Democrat candidate. All love and kisses, adopting and enabling those law breaking Mixikins, screaming about low taxes on one hand, while picking the pockets of the working, productive, legal tax payers with the other.
There. It's fixed!

You don't have to thank me.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
There. It's fixed!

You don't have to thank me.
Still sniping at the Worker's Party, huh Curmudgeon? Have you called CalPers to cancel your retirement checks yet? They are the product of an awful lot of that evil "collective bargaining", you know.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Still sniping at the Worker's Party, huh Curmudgeon? Have you called CalPers to cancel your retirement checks yet? They are the product of an awful lot of that evil "collective bargaining", you know.
LOL! The "Workers Party!" Sounds precisely like something straight out of the USSR, North Korea and, to a lesser extent, China. Certainly shows where your head is, Gurbie. Physically, I think it's also some place equally unpleasant.

Nah! Not going to cancel squat after putting my money into the system for 25 years. Intend to get my money's worth.

By the way, in case you missed it, nobody bargained for me. I was in management and excluded. Thankfully, they couldn't pick my pockets either like they do line staff/rank-and-file.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 03-11-2011 at 08:19 PM..

Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM

WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! (breaks into a rousing rendition of The Internationale)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California