Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Why is this grim?
Arithmatic not your best subject in grammar school and skipped those economic classes later on, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
and, in fact, California's debt : income ratio is better than the US government's ...
Wow, how reassuring, what a marvelous yardstick to be compared against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Arithmatic not your best subject in grammar school and skipped those economic classes later on, did you?
Well, I'm gonna guess he did better at arithmetic than you did in spelling ...

Quote:
Wow, how reassuring, what a marvelous yardstick to be compared against.
Let's see ... you make an issue out of the state's debt ... I explain how debt position is measured -- as a problem -- or not -- and that California's debt position is better than the nation with the world's strongest economy ... umm, and that's a bad yardstick?

Sir, debt is how our economy thrives. It is how money is created ... It is the ONLY way money and wealth is created anymore ... the system we, and all developed countries, live under is called fractional reserve banking ... look it up ... look up debt ... get an education before you venture into accusations and warnings based on no knowledge.

There is more debt in the world than there is money to pay it ... the only way to create new money to pay debt and move economies forward is: *trumpet* more debt. Silly, isn't it? I do agree human beings are nuts ... but this is the way it is ... and those who control the creation of money, control the world ... and you can't stop them no matter what you do or preach ... and the world can't be turned around from this reality.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Well, I'm gonna guess he did better at arithmetic than you did in spelling ...
Am watching the Washington/Stanford football game and posting on this and two other sites at the same time. Used to be pretty good at multitasking, but could be slipping a bit.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Am watching the Washington/Stanford football game and posting on this and two other sites at the same time. Used to be pretty good at multitasking, but could be slipping a bit.
Heh ...
Who's winning?
None of us little people anyway, that's fo' sho' ...

Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
These companies leaving (1 every weekday), is a big reason for the unemployment rate in California. It is the thing that so many of us feel sorry for in California, the people that are losing their jobs due to companies moving out of the state as those in authority keep raising taxes and making the state unfriendly to business.

So many keep saying California has the highest GPD of any state so that makes them best. Best of what. Of course it will have, as it is by far the most populated state in the union. If you look at the state GPD on a per capita basis, California is NOT #1.

Just think being beat by states like Wyoming, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, District of Columbia, Delaware, Alaska to name a few. Yes they count DC the same as a state on the charts, which has well over 3 times the per capita GPD of Calif. and little Delaware is 50% higher. And every one of those states that has a higher per capita has a far lower Unemployment rate. In fact only 2 states have a worse unemployment rate than Calif.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM

190 posts, read 844,514 times
Quote:
All depends on where you live in California ... where you buy a house .. if you buy a house ... what kind of vehicle you drive ... if you drive ... etc.

I can direct you to very nice houses (if you want to live in a house -- I don't) within an hour of S.F. and the variety of the Bay Area, in a quiet, safe town, priced at well under $200K ... in fact, some very nice places for under $150K. There are also many alternate lifestyles to the crap our culture is sold as benchmark for living. I can live quite nicely, in a safe, quality San Francisco city neighborhood, legally, with full facilities and utilities and all conveniences including parking for well under $1000 a month in rent ... in fact, I can do it for under $600. Most folks just can't see past the ads and pablum on television.
Where is this place?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
These companies leaving (1 every weekday), is a big reason for the unemployment rate in California
That would be 362 in a year. California has over 2,000,000 companies, Oh no! The sky is falling.

Now, as the Okies did, people will go where the work is, so, these unemployed will follow the jobs, just as lions follow the wildebeest.

The net result is fewer people in the state. And you see that as a bad thing?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,874 times
rio vista

Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
all depends on where you live in california ... Where you buy a house .. If you buy a house ... What kind of vehicle you drive ... If you drive ... Etc.

I can direct you to very nice houses (if you want to live in a house -- i don't) within an hour of s.f. And the variety of the bay area, in a quiet, safe town, priced at well under $200k ... In fact, some very nice places for under $150k. There are also many alternate lifestyles to the crap our culture is sold as benchmark for living. I can live quite nicely, in a safe, quality san francisco city neighborhood, legally, with full facilities and utilities and all conveniences including parking for well under $1000 a month in rent ... In fact, i can do it for under $600. Most folks just can't see past the ads and pablum on television.
wtf?!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
These companies leaving (1 every weekday), is a big reason for the unemployment rate in California. It is the thing that so many of us feel sorry for in California, the people that are losing their jobs due to companies moving out of the state as those in authority keep raising taxes and making the state unfriendly to business.

So many keep saying California has the highest GPD of any state so that makes them best. Best of what. Of course it will have, as it is by far the most populated state in the union. If you look at the state GPD on a per capita basis, California is NOT #1.

Just think being beat by states like Wyoming, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, District of Columbia, Delaware, Alaska to name a few. Yes they count DC the same as a state on the charts, which has well over 3 times the per capita GPD of Calif. and little Delaware is 50% higher. And every one of those states that has a higher per capita has a far lower Unemployment rate. In fact only 2 states have a worse unemployment rate than Calif.
Ooops. OldTrader has the hiccups. Calm down. Take some deep breaths or put a bag over your head.

Or should I scare you by deflating everyone of your examples, such as Virginia with the nation's largest naval facilities that support the GDP with Federal spending like there is an enemy under every toilet seat in the nation?

Or Wyoming (!?) where any tourist spending the night can raise the state's GDP for the 5 people who actually live in that state and run the local gas station, motel, and coffee / breakfast joint.

Or Alaska, bathing in oil revenues and subsidies to support its miniscule population?

How about that little Delaware! -- our nation's own little tax-haven for corporations to hide their money from other state taxes! Whoa! Those 900,000 people really earn THAT money with their state's fabulous resources!

And D.C.? Really? Need I point out where that money comes from?

New York and Jersey, nah, no poking at them, they really do earn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California