Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:16 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do anything you must do to prevent a Liberal poster from presenting a well-reasoned argument or starting a civil discussion.

Don't allow a Liberal to present their dogma unchallenged EVER. Intimidate Taunt the Liberals
The Young Turks: TACTICS FOR EFFECTIVE CONSERVATIVE BLOGGING By Karl Rove

and it starts again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 12:46 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Don't you love it when imbecile Republicans rant, though?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes. Do look. The boys on Wall St. ran a huge scam for years and years and took the whole national economy down, particularly by way of the housing market that Ahnold had no control over anymore than anyone else, other than the crooks. And that crashed California. And that then opens the door for the uniformed and slow-witted to blame whoever they want without thinking for two seconds.
Rather remarkable in how off topic you went in your own thread.

According to the article, Arnold laments the loss of two moderate fellows in the party, who left to become independent candidates. He believes that the hard core right wing is running the show, and marginalizing folks like the two mentioned in the article, and Arnold himself, at the expense of expanding participation in the party.

Generally speaking, I agree with him.

However, the liberals are doing the same thing in the Democratic Party. They are running off, and trashing, folks who don't conform to their sentiments. It is just as significant an issue for Democrats as it is for Republicans, with guys like ex-Senator Evan Bayh and Senator Ben Nelson two great recent examples.

By the way, regarding your comments about Wall St, besides being off topic they are also only partially correct. Many actions taken by the government, under Democrats, significantly contributed to the housing bubble too.

Andrew Cuomo and Fannie and Freddie - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Rather remarkable in how off topic you went in your own thread.

According to the article, Arnold laments the loss of two moderate fellows in the party, who left to become independent candidates. He believes that the hard core right wing is running the show, and marginalizing folks like the two mentioned in the article, and Arnold himself, at the expense of expanding participation in the party.

Generally speaking, I agree with him.

However, the liberals are doing the same thing in the Democratic Party. They are running off, and trashing, folks who don't conform to their sentiments. It is just as significant an issue for Democrats as it is for Republicans, with guys like ex-Senator Evan Bayh and Senator Ben Nelson two great recent examples.

By the way, regarding your comments about Wall St, besides being off topic they are also only partially correct. Many actions taken by the government, under Democrats, significantly contributed to the housing bubble too.

Andrew Cuomo and Fannie and Freddie - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice
The topic of the thread as I intended was actually just humor at the expense of Arnold in this case -- even though, as I stated, I kinda like the guy, both as an individual and a politician. Not overly like and support him, but I found him acceptable and rather human more than pretending to be the superhuman of his movie persona.

My comment that you identify as off topic was quite targeted to just the post below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampass View Post
Sorry,Arnold was a huge failure who governed as a leftist Democrat. He loved to compromise and look at what happened.
In which the poster implies that Arnold was responsible for the current California financial crisis ... This is not the case, at all. The current crisis is the same in origin as with virtually every other state, except N. Dakota. The housing bubble. Which Arnold had nothing to do with.

Now, were any Democrats also asleep at the switch with regard to the housing bubble? Absolutely. Just about every politician of both parties at all levels of government, national and every state, and even city levels, were asleep at the switch.

My point was political humor. Any politician, right, left, or upside down should know better than to say something like this as Arnold has. It's hilarious. And to try and take that to pointing fingers at Arnold for crashing California is off-topic ... And frankly, just kinda dumb. IMO.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
The topic of the thread as I intended was actually just humor at the expense of Arnold in this case -- even though, as I stated, I kinda like the guy, both as an individual and a politician. Not overly like and support him, but I found him acceptable and rather human more than pretending to be the superhuman of his movie persona.

My comment that you identify as off topic was quite targeted to just the post below:

In which the poster implies that Arnold was responsible for the current California financial crisis ... This is not the case, at all. The current crisis is the same in origin as with virtually every other state, except N. Dakota. The housing bubble. Which Arnold had nothing to do with.

Now, were any Democrats also asleep at the switch with regard to the housing bubble? Absolutely. Just about every politician of both parties at all levels of government, national and every state, and even city levels, were asleep at the switch.

My point was political humor. Any politician, right, left, or upside down should know better than to say something like this as Arnold has. It's hilarious. And to try and take that to pointing fingers at Arnold for crashing California is off-topic ... And frankly, just kinda dumb. IMO.
Shhhh you're a liberal, you're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's approved

Old 05-06-2012, 03:22 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Dysfunkytional.....that is what Ca Government is..............just like The United States Of Amerit**d.

What Ca need is a good ole Royal Flush in government.............the Demor**s get enough control, for long enough, so they can carry out their wildest dreams......that would be fun to watch.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Dysfunkytional.....that is what Ca Government is..............just like The United States Of Amerit**d.

What Ca need is a good ole Royal Flush in government.............the Demor**s get enough control, for long enough, so they can carry out their wildest dreams......that would be fun to watch.
Now this ^^^? This is off-topic.

(... and speaking of ticks, I am camping at Morro Bay and Montana de Oro this week ... And yesterday the dog and I were kinda brush-busting our way around the estuary just a bit off the trails here and there ... and whoa! ... I picked eleven ticks off me and my clothes a couple hours later! That's a record for me! ... Now that wasn't too off topic was it? ). (just trying to have some fun here today ...)

Old 05-06-2012, 03:40 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Now this ^^^? This is off-topic.
Actually, it isn't off topic at all when looking at the article you used in your initial posting for this thread.

The "imbecile Republican" label was Arnold stating his disagreement with his liberal friend, who labled Nixon an "imbecile Republican". Arnold was basically expressing a disagreement with his friend, and showing a willingness to embrace the sentiments of the Republican party (at that time) despite the disdain shown by his friend.

This posting basically expresses the opinion that the "imbecile" label may be applied to the other party, depending upon your perspective.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Actually, it isn't off topic at all when looking at the article you used in your initial posting for this thread.

The "imbecile Republican" label was Arnold stating his disagreement with his liberal friend, who labled Nixon an "imbecile Republican". Arnold was basically expressing a disagreement with his friend, and showing a willingness to embrace the sentiments of the Republican party (at that time) despite the disdain shown by his friend.

This posting basically expresses the opinion that the "imbecile" label may be applied to the other party, depending upon your perspective.
Firstly, you misunderstand my wisecrack about "imbecile Republican" ... I was not referring to Arnold or what he said. I'll leave it to you to ponder who the crack was aimed at

Secondly, I understand and don't dispute what Arnold was saying as he expressed in the article. I posted the thread as a lampoon of a politician's statement in just that one, immemorable title line -- regardless of party, not as a political comment based on the correctness or incorrectness of the message of the article. I provided the link to the article as verification for anyone interested and or curious as to why he would say something so subject to ridicule.

As I have said, my point was entirely Arnold's lack of foresight in making such a comment. Also remember I have said I am more of an Arnold supporter than detractor. So while I am obviously not a republican type, I think he was a credible representative of that party and I've got no beef with it.

Now then, the response by tickyul was a typical partisan taunt, relating to nothing in the intent of the thread, and of the classless level thrown frequently by both right and left at each other, based really on no position any more mature than a high-schooler shouting down a rival school at a football game.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times
Quote:
Now then, the response by tickyul was a typical partisan taunt, relating to nothing in the intent of the thread, and of the classless level thrown frequently by both right and left at each other, based really on no position any more mature than a high-schooler shouting down a rival school at a football game.
Indeed!
Aw come on Null... You expect the sheeple to get smart and see the grand distraction of partisan politics?

We are being deduced to the intellectual level of a bull, that has been taunted... We simply charge at the red cape without thinking....errr enemy...

The population is being conditioned... and it is working...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: