Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,508,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
lol, you go on to Craigslist in a sad effort to prove me wrong, those apartments are more than likely in bad areas at those rates. That shows you how long it's been since you have been in South Florida lol.

To prove I'm right, check out this excellent deal in Sunnyvale for $900/month.

3/1320 sq ft with a W & D room and Garage

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/3084283127.html

Looks like one would do just fine on CA Unemployment at those rates

I'm actually planning on moving to Los Gatos, my friend from Santa Cruz recommends it. See I got connections, I'm not worried. I already have a network there, with friends, past and current business relations, it's a no brainer. Salary won't be a problem, I'm not a "new grad" nor am I a greenhorn junior level engineer, so salary is relative to this.

Enjoy Orlando, don't get shot or robbed either touché, would be the last place I'd move, but someone obviously thinks it's great.

Just woke up from my late lunch nap .. TVC that vino hit the spot *knocked me right out...

I am not sure what you found in sunnyvale for $900 LOL but when I clicked your link :
This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Nice try champ. I've lived here for many years .. and unlike you grew up in South Florida.. I lived there long enough that, when I return, i know better then to move back down there which is why I am going to Orlando. Oh b.t.w, I actually lived there too...

"3/1320 sq ft with a W & D room and Garage" for $900 a month in sunnyvale.. You must be already smoking that Cali Green. LOL, clown.

From the way you talk about 'greenhorns' and the way you hate on me all day you can't be making more then a new grad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
While your leaving CA with your tail tucked between your legs, bitter with pages and pages of negative talk, I'll be leaving here with no regrets and little complaints other than the poor job market, lack of opportunity, lack of intelligent people with little to no start-ups, minimal to no innovation, UF Grads, Good'ole Boy Syndrome and a worthless Governor to boot.
That's a long list bro.. LOL. I hope you are able to deal w/ someone half your age making more than you and potentially telling you what to do.. Try not to get all bent out of shape and but hurt about it.

I'll try not to so much as I leave w/ my tail tuck between my legs and take my innovative and engaging California job with me.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/3051744071.html
Enjoy paying the equivalent of a mortgage to live in a loud close quarter apartment w/ 20 kids running around above you.

I've got a family to start so I'll be doing the opposite of returning to living like a college student in a studio/1br apt or shacking up w/ roomies. Those fun years are behind me as i move 'forward'. Welcome to 'current' center of tech. Lots of things will be different for you. Try not to get so bent out of shape as you do w/ me w/ young successful people who are better off than you

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 06-17-2012 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,103,598 times
Its amusing how central home ownership is in the American status system, to the point where living in an apartment is seen as some sort of hell.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,455,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Of course you're a middle-class trade folk. $115k/year, though on the upper-end, is a solidly middle-class salary in California. And your career is a trade....I said nothing about so called "trade schools". There are many trades that require university degrees, most obvious those in the medical field.

Sorry, that isn't how I understand his comments.
Yes my salary is upper middle class but no user my career is not a middle class trade. Again you have no clue what you are talking about with regards to my career.

Last edited by TVC15; 06-17-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
No user my career is not a trade. You have no clue what you are talking about.
Umm...don't be silly....of course it is. Though, if thinking otherwise makes you feel better about yourself....well go for it.

Regardless, as nullgeo was mentioning, its interesting how this has turned into stew of self-flattery....

Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Umm...don't be silly....of course it is. Though, if thinking otherwise makes you feel better about yourself....well go for it.

Regardless, as nullgeo was mentioning, its interesting how this has turned into stew of self-flattery....
You are so ignorant. First what is there to feel better about in knowing that my career is not a trade? That is silly. It woud not matter to me one way or another if I had a career that was a trade or not.

I know what I do for a living and it is not a trade that is my only point. Blood Transfusion Clinical Consultants are not a trade career.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You are so ignorant. First what is there to feel better about in knowing that my career is not a trade?
You tell me, you're the one denying that your career is a trade....

Regardless, my comment had nothing to do with the trades or middle-class salaries, it was merely to point out that nullgeo is talking about the educated-elite, namely those controlling the strings, not educated middle-class workers. At least....that is how I understand his commentary...

Old 06-17-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Just woke up from my late lunch nap .. TVC that vino hit the spot *knocked me right out...
It also made me want to come home and nap but I ran errands instead. That was a good tasty wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
I am not sure what you found in sunnyvale for $900 LOL but when I clicked your link :
This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
Yes I was actually laughing that he thought he could get a 3 bedroom with all the bells and whistles for 900 a month...I just figured he will find out the hard way once he gets out here.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
You tell me, you're the one denying that your career is a trade....

Regardless, my comment had nothing to do with the trades or middle-class salaries, it was merely to point out that nullgeo is talking about the educated-elite, namely those controlling the strings, not educated middle-class workers. At least....that is how I understand his commentary...
No denying just imforming you that once again you are clueless and talk a lot of crap.

Nullgeo has spoken for himself...I don't care for your interpretation. Nullgeo thinks that anyone who holds a degree and is an expert at what they do is a pompous elitist....I know you are hard of reading but I can't read it for you and I can't understand it for you.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Ugh....are you two unaware of private messages? Please use them for personal conversations.

And geez, even my 80+ grandma doesn't take naps.....

Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Ugh....are you two unaware of private messages? Please use them for personal conversations.

And geez, even my 80+ grandma doesn't take naps.....
Ugh grow up and who cares who does not take a nap in your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California