Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 PM

364 posts, read 611,212 times

Advertisements

We need new representation in DC.. Feinstein has been there half a century and look at the mess we are in. Interesting that Diane F. refuses to debate Elizabeth. Diane F. will outspend Elizabeth 10:1.

Can the voters be made to wake up?

Issues | Elizabeth Emken for Senate | Emken2012.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 06:27 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Feinstein has been there half a century and look at the mess we are in; A real mess alright 21 years with a Democrat President, and 29 years of a Republican President, Darned Republican Presidents anyway.

Interesting that Diane F. refuses to debate Elizabeth. Why give air time to your rival when you are going to win?

Diane F. will outspend Elizabeth 10:1. So she is approved of at a 10:1 ratio?

Can the voters be made to wake up? Could be, they are awake. No telling what "Elizabeth" will turn out like, the last serious challenger Feinstein had was Huffington, he lost and came out of the closet, he is much happier now.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:53 PM

Can you find fault with any of the positions that she takes on her website? Actual fault not simply demogogue language from Democrat talking points.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 PM

Easy to stand back and throw rotten tomatoes at anyone who actually has answers to our problems. Not so easy to actually get involved and be specific with your assaults. Let's hear what you don't like about her policy positions.

Or are you desperately hoping to find a Mexican housemaid that you can use to discredit her?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
Can you find fault with any of the positions that she takes on her website? Actual fault not simply demogogue language from Democrat talking points.
Who is "she" I find identifying the object of the sentence a valuable thing.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Easy to stand back and throw rotten tomatoes at anyone who actually has answers to our problems. Not so easy to actually get involved and be specific with your assaults. Let's hear what you don't like about her policy positions.

Or are you desperately hoping to find a Mexican housemaid that you can use to discredit her?
Quote:
For too long, we have been spending money we don’t have on programs and agencies that have not produced results. We must reduce federal spending and provide real oversight on the performance of every federal agency, just as is demanded in the private marketplace. It is the job of Congress to provide this oversight and scale back agencies that do not provide appropriate return on our massive taxpayer investment.
Did I miss where she's going to cut a trillion dollars from? Nope.

Quote:
Q: Would you have voted for Obamacare?

A: I would have voted against Obamacare, and I support its repeal. This is despite the fact that it contains a very important provision for which I was a leading advocate, ending insurance marketplace discrimination against people with autism.
I like that one too. What a nutter. Once you take away the ability to discriminate on (insert growing list of pre-existing health conditions), all you'll do is drive insurance costs through the roof as no one but sick people will buy it. That's kind of the whole point about requiring insurance.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM

I read her to say that every agency will get cuts. That government is too big. That she will cut taxes and freeze new regulations. And drive a stake through the heart of the monstrosity called Obama care.

How does Feinstein compare on these issues? The opposite in every case. Feinstein stands for the opposite of what CA and our country needs. She's way past her time. We need some ideas that will work and not drive us further into despair.

When you start calling names it's a clear sign that you have run out of sensible things to say.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I read her to say that every agency will get cuts. That government is too big. That she will cut taxes and freeze new regulations. And drive a stake through the heart of the monstrosity called Obama care.

How does Feinstein compare on these issues? The opposite in every case. Feinstein stands for the opposite of what CA and our country needs. She's way past her time. We need some ideas that will work and not drive us further into despair.

When you start calling names it's a clear sign that you have run out of sensible things to say.
You never did identify which woman you were talking about. But based on your statements it would be "Elizabeth" Tell you the truth, I have never heard of her.

I can tell you a little bit about Feinstein. Just two months ago she voted in favor of Sequoia Kings Canyon National Parks Backcountry Access Act, This bill was written and passed into law within two months. It was passed unanimously in the House, and passed the Senate with a veto proof majority it was then immediately signed into law by the President.

The end result of that was the judge in a lawsuit brought by a radical environmental group against Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park to limit horse and pack stock use in the parks, threw the law suit out.

The actions of Feinstein and Boxer and the President and the entire House of Representatives and 67 members of the Senate saved horse packing, an American Tradition, in SEKI. They went against the demands of a radical environmental group and tossed those demands into the garbage. For that, I will vote for her as long as she wants to run.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
And? Total discretionary spending is $1.5 trillion. So does that mean an across the board 66% reduction in funding? That's quite radical. A 66% reduction in military spending? Wow. But wait, she's cutting taxes too so let's call it an 80% reduction. God damn. And here I thought I was pretty radical with my idea that we should cut the military budget by 50% and cut the portion of social security/medicare that isn't funded by payroll taxes by the same. Even that wouldn't be enough to balance the budget, however.
Quote:
That's true. I've never seen Feinstein call for an 80% reduction in the military budget.

Last edited by Malloric; 08-28-2012 at 11:57 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM

335 posts, read 517,920 times
Quote:
People deserve the government they get, and they deserve to get it good and hard. ~ Mencken
Perhaps, just perhaps, California will elect RATIONAL leaders that aren't primarily concerned with skimming and/or scamming the system for their own personal gain!

Here's a hint: If they're offering something for nothing, they're lying to you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: