Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times

Advertisements

Mostly it is because they know it is the best place on Earth and they are upset at their personal failures which meant they could not hack it in such a desirable and in demand place. They're financial failures who were priced out and who could not afford to compete against the far more successful people who did want to live in the state. This is why they whine they can't live in beach houses which cost only $50,000. They know their $9 per hour job at the truck stop could never pay for such a desirable place so, instead, of being honest and admitting they're failures at life, they pretend they never wanted what they so obviously are envious of.

That's why despite being exiled to horrible places in fly over country they still spend all of their time trolling here on these forums. Even if they won't admit it their actions prove they know how inadequate they are. That is why we must now suffer from trolls living in the Ozaks who bad mouth everything which they cannot have. They'll do anything to avoid admitting their best wasn't good enough in the game of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 02:32 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Mostly it is because they know it is the best place on Earth and they are upset at their personal failures which meant they could not hack it in such a desirable and in demand place. They're financial failures who were priced out and who could not afford to compete against the far more successful people who did want to live in the state. This is why they whine they can't live in beach houses which cost only $50,000. They know their $9 per hour job at the truck stop could never pay for such a desirable place so, instead, of being honest and admitting they're failures at life, they pretend they never wanted what they so obviously are envious of.

That's why despite being exiled to horrible places in fly over country they still spend all of their time trolling here on these forums. Even if they won't admit it their actions prove they know how inadequate they are. That is why we must now suffer from trolls living in the Ozaks who bad mouth everything which they cannot have. They'll do anything to avoid admitting their best wasn't good enough in the game of life.
Wrong as always. But what else is new?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:01 AM

880 posts, read 1,415,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Wrong as always. But what else is new?
Yep can't admit failure so they attack those pointing out the problems.

As I mentioned on another thread, isn't it interesting how the most intolerant of opposing views are the so-called "liberals"?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Open your eyes... look at the legislature.
Okay. Moderates could rehabilitate Legislature's image - latimes.com

Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yes, the Democrat supermajority in both the House and Senate will surely be so moderate with their spending (and my wallet).

Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I can think of only one former regular in the CA fora who, in the last couple of years, relocated to somewhere in Arkansas I believe. She is so satisfied with her new location, I can't recall the last time I saw her posting in the CA fora. She was from South Central LA, that's all I remember. (and no, it isn't Nita... Nita left 10,000 years ago)

No axe to grind, no wittle hut feewings, no bitterness, no boring repetitious justifications explaining why she left ad infinitum, ad nauseam... just a healthy love for her new surroundings going by the posts I've seen in the Ark forum.

FSM bless the lady for finding her new home. I wish I could remember her name.
^This right here! I can understand not liking a place, fine. Move on and be done with it. I made my move within CA. Didn't care for San Diego. Bitched when i was there yes. But now I've moved to a place where I'm happier and I don't go to the SD forum and gripe about it. In fact I rarely post there at all. CarawayDJ mentioned in the other thread about moving to Seattle, something I'm still thinking about as well. If I do, I see no reason to "inform" those who are happy remaining in the place they call home why it's so horrible. This behavior speaks volumes about the people who post this crap. It's crap if no one asked for your opinion which as far as I can tell, none of us here ever have. My advice to those people is; if you're not happy in or with CA, get to a place where you are and stop living in and pining for a bygone era that will never return. times change, people change and the world changes, deal with it.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Maybe the complainers have back pain from shoveling snow.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
Why Do the people that leave CA keep talking about the state?
Not everyone does, just some. With 34 million residents, a small percentage number like less than 1% can still make a lot of noise.
BTW, I just moved back after 22 years. It's as great a place as I remembered, depite the NOISE.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM

115 posts, read 228,621 times
My husband and I were actually contemplating a move out of CA recently but changed our minds. We agree with a few of the things the complainers fixate on, like high cost of living, unending taxes, crowding, poor schools, etc., but we also know that every place has its issues, and for us the positives of California outweigh the negatives. We are both natives (he of Sonoma county and I of LA), have spent all (or in my case most) of our lives here, and have our family and friends here. Not only that, but we love the wonderful geographical and human diversity, the amazing cultural and artistic resources/institutions, and the innovation, creativity, and vibrant energy. While occasionally I'm bitter that we may never be able to afford our own home in the area we live and want to stay, that's ultimately not enough to make me want to leave everything I love.

I guess for some, the negatives will always outweigh the positives. There's most likely a sadness/bitterness from the inability to accept the current realities and a longing for a past that can never return. For those of us who choose to stay and see the problems for what they are, all we can do is work to change what we can and stay positive and hopeful for improvements.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
^This right here! I can understand not liking a place, fine. Move on and be done with it. I made my move within CA. Didn't care for San Diego. Bitched when i was there yes. But now I've moved to a place where I'm happier and I don't go to the SD forum and gripe about it. In fact I rarely post there at all. CarawayDJ mentioned in the other thread about moving to Seattle, something I'm still thinking about as well. If I do, I see no reason to "inform" those who are happy remaining in the place they call home why it's so horrible. This behavior speaks volumes about the people who post this crap. It's crap if no one asked for your opinion which as far as I can tell, none of us here ever have. My advice to those people is; if you're not happy in or with CA, get to a place where you are and stop living in and pining for a bygone era that will never return. times change, people change and the world changes, deal with it.
Cheers! Right there with you, though I left CA for another state not too long ago. Really happy where I am at the moment and haven't felt the need to constantly berate others who stay or who are looking to move to CA in real life or online after I had left. Misery loves company, is what comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California