Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,964,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post

Even Californians can't even defend their homes with arms from armed criminals.
Huh?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,405,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Wow, ladies! A bunch of modern liberals going hard after I voiced my opinion on the current state of politics and the government in CA. Fascism and feminism seem to combine well with the state, given its crazy laws and policies.

Even Californians can't even defend their homes with arms from armed criminals. So much for modern politics running the state.
special

Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 36,985,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
We need a new thread entitled, "Why do people who live in California continue to bash the state?"
They are not bashing the state just for the sake of it (at least not all of them are). They are trying to improve it by making people aware of what is really going on and trying to get them off their butts to do something about it. These folks know they are outnumbered and they are frustrated by it. Unfortunately, the California citizenry may never wake up until some truly horrible crisis comes along.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 12-07-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,453,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
They are not bashing the state just for the sake of it (at least not all of them are). They are trying to improve it by making people aware of what is really going on and trying to get them off their butts to do something about it. These folks know they are outnumbered and they are frustrated by it. Unfortunately, California citizenry may never wake up until some truly horrible crisis comes along.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:06 PM

26,753 posts, read 26,850,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
They are not bashing the state just for the sake of it (at least not all of them are).
No, not all of them are; it's only about a handful. And that handful of posters repeats the same criticisms over and over about the state.

Quote:
They are trying to improve it by making people aware of what is really going on and trying to get them off their butts to do something about it. These folks know they are outnumbered and they are frustrated by it.
Wish I could believe that those same few posters even cared. There are many on this forum who do, and their criticisms are direct, forthright and devoid of sarcasm (and lacking in statements such as, "How can you idiots live here?" etc, etc).

Quote:
Unfortunately, the California citizenry may never wake up until some truly horrible crisis comes along.
The California citizenry is plenty awake; most of us are well aware of the problems in our state.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM

26,753 posts, read 26,850,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I think we found nullgeo's brother lol
Where is null, BTW? Hope he didn't get fed up with CA.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,453,863 times
Quote:
No, not all of them are; it's only about a handful. And that handful of posters repeats the same criticisms over and over about the state.
Wish I could believe that those same few posters even cared. There are many on this forum who do, and their criticisms are direct, forthright and devoid of sarcasm (and lacking in statements such as, "How can you idiots live here?" etc, etc).
The California citizenry is plenty awake; most of us are well aware of the problems in our state.
Not true at all. Voters here run to the polls and vote without fully understanding what they are voting on...or what the outcome will be for the State.

People here really don't understand the issues. If they did this state would not have been managed so poorly for this length of time.

You can't have a state in the mess that this state is in and have informed awake voters at the polls. It just does not go hand in hand.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM

131 posts, read 167,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Not true at all. Voters here run to the polls and vote without fully understanding what they are voting on...or what the outcome will be for the State.

People here really don't understand the issues. If they did this state would not have been managed so poorly for this length of time.

You can't have a state in the mess that this state is in and have informed awake voters at the polls. It just does not go hand in hand.
So says every minority position everywhere. In fact, I can hear Mittens singing the same tune right now. Only the minority understand the true dangers and errors and hopelessness of everything. Damnit damnit damnit. To hell in a handbasket any minute now. The world used to run so much better. Humanity has never faced such danger and dilemma and imminent ruin.

Why I think I'm just gonna drive my bus straight into the Hudson and get it over with.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:

+1well put.

I don't know where null has been. Perhaps Living off the land as he periodically likes to do.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post

can't this also be said for most states? I can't help but think to myself that those people are really just saying"why can't you just be the way we think you ought to be?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California