Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,457,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkramden View Post
So says every minority position everywhere. In fact, I can hear Mittens singing the same tune right now. Only the minority understand the true dangers and errors and hopelessness of everything. Damnit damnit damnit. To hell in a handbasket any minute now. The world used to run so much better. Humanity has never faced such danger and dilemma and imminent ruin.

Why I think I'm just gonna drive my bus straight into the Hudson and get it over with.
Not true at all.

I am thankful that you are not eligible to vote in this state.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,064,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Not true at all. Voters here run to the polls and vote without fully understanding what they are voting on...or what the outcome will be for the State.

People here really don't understand the issues. If they did this state would not have been managed so poorly for this length of time.

You can't have a state in the mess that this state is in and have informed awake voters at the polls. It just does not go hand in hand.
I agree. 1+

Old 12-07-2012, 06:06 PM

880 posts, read 1,416,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I agree. 1+
You get this condition when the have nots learn how to take from those who have, and do so legally. CA is becoming a State of extremes in many ways and this is one result. You have heard the expression "power to the people"? Well some now have it.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM

943 posts, read 1,322,312 times
Quote:
Not true at all. Voters here run to the polls and vote without fully understanding what they are voting on...or what the outcome will be for the State.

People here really don't understand the issues. If they did this state would not have been managed so poorly for this length of time.

You can't have a state in the mess that this state is in and have informed awake voters at the polls. It just does not go hand in hand.
So it's the old "If the voters REALLY understood the issues, they'd vote for my guy" thinking.

It didn't work for the Democrats back in the Reagan era, and it doesn't work for the Republicans now.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
So it's the old "If the voters REALLY understood the issues, they'd vote for my guy" thinking.

It didn't work for the Democrats back in the Reagan era, and it doesn't work for the Republicans now.
Nope that is not at all what I am saying.

People here do not understand the issues. What more evidence do you need other than the decline of this state which has been going on for a long time?

Many who voted for Prop 30 did so because they did not understand where the money was really going to go. They thought towards the classroom. Not one single dime is going towards education. It is to fund the teachers poorly planned pension system. This is just one example. There are many more.

Anyone who plays the only Republicans are evil and the Dems can do no harm is a party idiot. Certain CA Dems have been dupping you guys for a long time.

CA has been on a decline for a long time. Nothing has improved. Voters clearly don't understand the issues. Also Prop 30 did not pass by a landslide so at least some out there understand.

CA government has proven over and over that it incapable of managing money...why on earth would you give them more. Yep that will teach em.

You clearly don't get the issues as well.

BTW I am not a Republican.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM

131 posts, read 167,212 times
Quote:
Not true at all.

I am thankful that you are not eligible to vote in this state.
Yeah? You know how I would vote? Interesting. Because I never said anything about how I would vote on which issues. What I have said is: constant negativity, whining, and fault-finding is a lousy lifestyle -- and that ALL places have always had constant challenges to rise to, that's called life -- and California is in better position to rise to its challenges than most.

Quote:

People here do not understand the issues. What more evidence do you need other than the decline of this state which has been going on for a long time?

Many who voted for Prop 30 did so because they did not understand where the money was really going to go. They thought towards the classroom. Not one single dime is going towards education. It is to fund the teachers poorly planned pension system. This is just one example. There are many more.

Anyone who plays the only Republicans are evil and the Dems can do no harm is a party idiot. Certain CA Dems have been dupping you guys for a long time.

CA has been on a decline for a long time. Nothing has improved. Voters clearly don't understand the issues. Also Prop 30 did not pass by a landslide so at least some out there understand.

CA government has proven over and over that it incapable of managing money...why on earth would you give them more. Yep that will teach em.

Except yeah, it IS what you are saying.

And since when is funding teacher's compensation not spending money on education? The pensions are part of the compensation / pay package that gets these people to suffer the abuse of working with the barbaric little monsters. I read about your Prop 30 some. The whole country was watching that one. And a bunch of other states are now gearing up to imitate the progress California has shown toward reducing its deficit while continuing to provide the foundation for the state's future with Prop 30.

Meanwhile, even as the whiners and cryers wail about their taxes being so high and getting more and more oppressive, most all Americans are paying far less in taxes now than they did 30 years ago. I keep quoting the article and the whiners keep ignoring the truth:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/us...anted=all&_r=0

Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,064,532 times
The problem with most Californians, and Americans in general, is that they heavily rely on Democrats or Republicans. Most are too blind to realize that the two parties haven't done much for the citizens in a long time. I guess they're just used to political corruption.
Quote:

Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The problem with most Californians, and Americans in general, is that they heavily rely on Democrats or Republicans. Most are too blind to realize that the two parties haven't done much for the citizens in a long time. I guess they're just used to political corruption.
Agree! Party Idiots for sure!

Well I hope they are happy with the direction the state is heading. It seems they would rather blindly vote for a party without understanding who in their party is incompetent or corrupt.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkramden View Post
Yeah? You know how I would vote? Interesting. Because I never said anything about how I would vote on which issues. What I have said is: constant negativity, whining, and fault-finding is a lousy lifestyle -- and that ALL places have always had constant challenges to rise to, that's called life -- and California is in better position to rise to its challenges than most.

Except yeah, it IS what you are saying.

And since when is funding teacher's compensation not spending money on education? The pensions are part of the compensation / pay package that gets these people to suffer the abuse of working with the barbaric little monsters. I read about your Prop 30 some. The whole country was watching that one. And a bunch of other states are now gearing up to imitate the progress California has shown toward reducing its deficit while continuing to provide the foundation for the state's future with Prop 30.

Meanwhile, even as the whiners and cryers wail about their taxes being so high and getting more and more oppressive, most all Americans are paying far less in taxes now than they did 30 years ago. I keep quoting the article and the whiners keep ignoring the truth:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/us...anted=all&_r=0
Why don't you take your angry rants and keep them in the NY forum. You don't live here nor contribute to CA. So stop trolling with your angry illogical rants.

I hear the Husdon River calling for you.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 PM

131 posts, read 167,212 times
Quote:
Why don't you take your angry rants and keep them in the NY forum. You don't live here nor contribute to CA. So stop trolling with your angry illogical rants.

I hear the Husdon River calling for you.
Oh whooops. Hit a nerve. And speaking of nerve, you got more nerve than a bum tooth yourself. I read you patting folks on the back who don't live in California but keep posting the sky is falling crap you love. As long as folks subscribe to your negativity they are welcome to post on your forum. It is your forum, isn't it? I mean since you are the omniscient seer, and the rest of us are ignorants, you get to call the shots, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California