Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,455,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Ok now you are just looking crazy. TMC is very prestigious, but saying it blows UCSF and Stanford out of the water makes you look like some of the boosters I've seen on CD. It's like trying to say Rice blows Yale or Princeton out of the water. What was that saying against anecdotal evidence again...?
It is just total ignorance. I often come acoss people in some of these hosptial's that have never heard of the TMC. As much as that blows my mind hearing it from a medical professional it does not surprise me that I hear it in CA. But when I do come across the medical professions who know of the TMC...they bow at my feet knowing that I was educated there.

Crazy for sure to say that the TMC is equal to UCSF or Stanford They can't help what they don't understand.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,722,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Wow you clearly have no clue what you are talking about!

TX follows the same laws and regualtions that all hospital have to follow in the US.

TMC has the highest standards I have ever seen in career.

This state has lenient and incompetent inspectors. This is why the violations that I have come across have been occurring for over 20 years. When these violations are brought to attention the same thing always comes out of their mouth. Why didn't the Joint Commission find them? You want to know why?

Here is why...The Joint Commission is not a complete monopoly and while many states in the U.S. make use of their services, not all do. Some states have set up their own alternative assessment procedures; the Joint Commission is not recognized for state licensure in the states of Oklahoma (except for hospital-based outpatient mental health services), Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. In California, The Joint Commission is part of a joint survey process with state authorities.
That is scary considering how poorly this state is run.

Now you can talk about all the crappy hospitals in TX that you want but I am strictly speaking of the Texas Medical Center in Houston.

It is one the best in the world. Better than anything CA has to offer.
Hospitals follow their own state laws, and then there are federal laws overlapping and extending. All regulations aren't the same state to state due to the state laws.

You are the one that expanded to smaller hospitals with your link. I simply showed ya 8 million plus hits about violations in Texas and made a small joke about your regulators. Thought you'd appreciate that as a Texan who likes less regulations.

TMC is equivalent to many hospitals in CA, and I don't think it's superior to UCSF in any way, shape or form.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,321,529 times
Quote:
It is just total ignorance. I often come acoss people in some of these hosptial's that have never heard of the TMC. As much as that blows my mind hearing it from a medical professional it does not surprise me that I hear it in CA. But when I do come across the medical professions who know of the TMC...they bow at my feet knowing that I was educated there.

Crazy for sure to say that the TMC is equal to UCSF or Stanford They can't help what they don't understand.
Lol I feel sorry for anyone who bows at the feet of someone just because they had an education at TMC. I got into MIT, do you think I am going around flaunting it to people so that they would bow to me? The notion is absolutely ridiculous. TMC is great, but its a few hairs below Stanford and UCSF. Get over yourself.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,321,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Can you identify TVC for me here Austinite? I think she's in there somewhere:

2, 4, 6, 8 TMC sure is great. And kick...

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders dancing to "Shakin' That Tailgate" by Trailer Choir - YouTube
He's the brunette on the right. Not the prettiest, but decent enough!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Have you been drinking tonight?

This is a serious question...

How bad does it sting when those not in the know don't acknowledge your inherent superiority?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
He's the brunette on the right. Not the prettiest, but decent enough!
Shoot. I can't rep ya for playing along. Gotta spread it around first.

Last edited by Senno; 02-08-2013 at 11:55 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Hospitals follow their own state laws, and then there are federal laws overlapping and extending. All regulations aren't the same state to state due to the state laws.

You are the one that expanded to smaller hospitals with your link. I simply showed ya 8 million plus hits about violations in Texas and made a small joke about your regulators. Thought you'd appreciate that as a Texan who likes less regulations.

TMC is equivalent to many hospitals in CA, and I don't think it's superior to UCSF in any way, shape or form.
All hosptials labs must comply with CLIA. It is the same for every state. No hospital is exempt from this anyhere in the US.

Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)

Yep just as I thought...also clueless about the types of regulations that Texans don't mind. No Texan wants less regulation in the health care industry.

We just don't want regulations invading our personal finances and affecting us in the privacy of our own home.

I am embarrassed for you to even think for one second that any hospital in CA is equal to or better than the Texas Medical Center in Houston. I guess that is why the TMC gets people from all over the world going there for the specialized treatment that it offers. The Texas Medical Center receives 160,000 daily visitors and over six million annual patient visits, including over 18,000 international patients yearly!

Wow just WOW. You would be embarrassed to if you truly knew what the TMC was about.

BTW no I have not had a single drink. Believe me I am not stinging I am truly shocked over the ignorance.

Last edited by TVC15; 02-09-2013 at 12:06 AM..

Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
All hosptials labs must comply with CLIA. It is the same for every state. No hospital is exempt from this anyhere in the US.

Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)

Yep just as I thought...also clueless about the types of regulations that Texans don't mind. No Texan wants less regulation in the health care industry.

We just don't want regulations invading our personal finances and affecting us in the privacy of our own home.

I am embarrassed for you to even think for one second that any hospital in CA is equal to or better than the Texas Medical Center in Houston. Wow just WOW. You would be to if you truly knew what the TMC was about.
That would be one of those federal regs I referenced.

I find I'd rather watch more Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders at this point, though.

Anywho, UCSF is a superior teaching school to TMC (I don't know why I think of TMZ when I type that) and at least equivalent to if not superior overall. If TMC is so great, go to work there.

Quote:
BTW no I have not had a single drink. Believe me I am not stinging I am truly shocked over the ignorance.
This is all you huh?

Sometimes there is no fathoming the mind of a Texan.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,914,602 times
Quote:
Yep when you google TX hospital violations only Parkland shows up.

It is the largest County Hospital in Dallas....far far away from the Texas Medical Center in Houston.

But when you Google CA hosptial violations.
Much of that is that the state of California actually spends a lot of money checking on hospitals and looking for violations where as Texas generally has a see no evil, hear no evil way of looking at things. They're not looking for violations but that doesn't mean the violations aren't there. In fact, more than likely the hospitals are much worse because they have no one keeping them honest.

Frankly, I think you're being stupid here.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,907,274 times
Quote:
Please educate yourself before making uninformed statements.

Not one medical facility in the entire state of CA can match the Texas Medical Center in Houston as far as the high standard of care provided. As well as medical research and innovations. CA medicine is 20 years behind the Texas Medical Center including Stanford and UCSF...

Californians are the most misinformed people that I have ever come across when it comes to TX as well as their own states issues.

Screw ignorance
Quote:
You bet CA hospitals are 20 years behind the TMC. Pretty sad for such a large boisterous state.
Quote:
Wow you clearly have no clue what you are talking about! ...

Now you can talk about all the crappy hospitals in TX that you want but I am strictly speaking of the Texas Medical Center in Houston.

It is one the best in the world. Better than anything CA has to offer.
As I have said before, I got no particular beef with Texas, other than I just plain don't like the place. And TMC is clearly a very fine institution indeed. And while it ranks way up near the top for cancer, it doesnt appear to make the top 17 spots for overall quality of health care / medicine in the nation as measured by the very well known and highly regarded US News annual medical rankings ... yet UCLA and UCSF do:
U.S. News Best Hospitals 2012-13: the Honor Roll - US News and World Report

Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Much of that is that the state of California actually spends a lot of money checking on hospitals and looking for violations where as Texas generally has a see no evil, hear no evil way of looking at things. They're not looking for violations but that doesn't mean the violations aren't there. In fact, more than likely the hospitals are much worse because they have no one keeping them honest.

Frankly, I think you're being stupid here.
You are completely wrong on all accounts.

Every single hospital in TX receives inspections just like CA. It is the Law. But the difference between us and CA is the Joint Commission is not a part of our state agency. It is independent and much more competent than what you guys have here. Your inspectors have missed violations that I find due to my exert training and experience working in the TMC. Talk about being stupid here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California