Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,451,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
My problem right now is, I can't sit here and bag on Texas. The only person bagging on CA is a FORMER Texan now Californian. Let's just watch the hypocrisy unfold no?
No bagging on CA just clearing up the misconceptions you guys have about TX.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
... NnnI am embarrassed for you to even think for one second that any hospital in CA is equal to or better than the Texas Medical Center in Houston...

Wow just WOW. You would be embarrassed to if you truly knew what the TMC was about.
... I am truly shocked over the ignorance.
Quote:
You are completely wrong on all accounts... Talk about being stupid here
Goodness, gracious me ... the anger and vitriol ...

You know, you can look things up before you post ... you know that, right?
Here's more ranking lists for top medical research and education institutions ... again from the mostly highy regarded survey source ... and again I find UCLA and UCSF very highly ranked and TMC Houston not even in the top 50? Although Dallas manages to rank, around 25, I think it was .... anyway, you have a looksee ... if you haven't been drinking -- and I don't suggest that you have -- you might want to take a stiff one about now and regroup:
Best Medical Schools | Research Rankings | Top Medical Schools for Research | US News Best Graduate Schools

Best Medical Schools | Primary Care Rankings | Top Medical Schools for Primary Care | US News Best Graduate Schools

Hey, and just for fun, I got more lists / rankings for you to not like ... but you can find them yourself if you just take a minute out from hyperventilating.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:29 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,279 times
Quote:
My problem right now is, I can't sit here and bag on Texas. The only person bagging on CA is a FORMER Texan now Californian. Let's just watch the hypocrisy unfold no?
We have 5 hospitals on TVC's list before TX has a second one show up.

Including City of Hope in Duarte. Never knew that about City of Hope.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
.See, state and federal...
Well that's all I had been talking. I guess you missed that as well.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Goodness, gracious me ... the anger and vitriol ...

You know, you can look things up before you post ... you know that, right?
Here's more ranking lists for top medical research and education institutions ... again from the mostly highy regarded survey source ... and again I find UCLA and UCSF very highly ranked and TMC Houston not even in the top 50? Although Dallas manages to rank, around 25, I think it was .... anyway, you have a looksee ... if you haven't been drinking -- and I don't suggest that you have -- you might want to take a stiff one about now and regroup:
Best Medical Schools | Research Rankings | Top Medical Schools for Research | US News Best Graduate Schools

Best Medical Schools | Primary Care Rankings | Top Medical Schools for Primary Care | US News Best Graduate Schools

Hey, and just for fun, I got more lists / rankings for you to not like ... but you can find them yourself if you just take a minute out from hyperventilating.
I am laughing at the ignorance. Dude you can't read behind the screen very well

You can find anything you want to support your views on Google. It is not hard to do.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
Quote:
No bagging on CA just clearing up the misconceptions you guys have about TX.
You guys? You're as dense as nita. I've already said and reiterated now twice that I've never been there nor like it or hate it. It's amazing what youu tell yourself sometimes.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Did I say all hospitals in CA are 3rd world? /shrug

Many in the Bay Area have 3rd world standards is what I said.
And I don't believe you. Simple.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
And I don't believe you. Simple.
And I know that you have no clue what you are taking about.

What is funny is you know absolutely nothing about the TMC but act as though you do.

Whatever floats your boat.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
You guys? You're as dense as nita. I've already said and reiterated now twice that I've never been there nor like it or hate it. It's amazing what youu tell yourself sometimes.
You must be the dense one. I was just answering your post. Did I point the finger at you anywhere in my response? But if you have misconceptions about TX then you are included.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Well that's all I had been talking. I guess you missed that as well.
You do know that each state has their own laws and regulations, right?

Quote:
And I know that you have no clue what you are taking about.

What is funny is you know absolutely nothing about the TMC but act as though you do.

Whatever floats your boat.
Sure I do. I have learned alot about TMC from you. Thanks. If I happen to be in Texas I shall seek them out for medical treatment.

But if I am in California I seem to have many more fine choices than just the one you seem to have in Texas. Thanks for that cancer info. Never knew City of Hope ranked so high. And how could I have forgotten Cedar-Sinai....

Lessee new list:

UCSF
UCLA
Loma Linda (serves the IE, fine hospital)
UC Davis
City of Hope
Cedar Sinai

Any more info on CA hospitals you'd like to share TVC?

Anyone know what hospital Dr. Jobe of Kerlan Jobe orthpaedics practices at? Lots of pro teams send him their most difficult cases. I'm sure he's at a good hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California