Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,717,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
It is not my speciality. CLIA pertains to the Laboratory Standards not nursing.

Believe me I would love out that area as well...but I have enough on my plate with just the CLIA and FDA regulations for the Labs and Blood Centers.
Well, I thought you might read about Magnet standards and accreditation and decide it's super serious business or something. Then wonder why your nurses weren't so accredited.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 AM

U.S. News Best Hospitals: Orthopedics

Cedar-Sinai 12

Baylor 17

We win for ortho.

Cedar-Sinai is on my list already though.

Huntington Memorial is added to my list though as they are number 18. They are in Pasadena. Just a regular little hospital 18th best in the US for ortho.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,901,838 times
Quote:
Whatever floats your boat...no exaggeraton at all on my part.

TMC has a speciality Heart Institute at the Methodist Hospital Welcome to the Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center

TMC has the Mischer Neuroscience Institute | Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery | The University of Texas Medical School at Houston

St. Luke’s in the TMC is one of the top notch Liver, Lung and Heart transplant centers.
TMC can cover every medical condition known to man. People come from all over the US and the world for treatment there. Again Cathy Gifford’s among many others came to the TMC vs. coming to CA for care and the reason being is no one comes close to the type of care you will receive there.

The entire TMC is a teaching facility. Every single hospital in the TMC is a teaching facility. The TMC has 3 Medical Schools. It also has a College of Dentistry, College of Pharmacy, 6 Nursing Colleges and schools for every single medical profession. Anyone who goes to college or earns a medical professional degree from the TMC also gets to train there. When we get out of school and people see our resume with the TMC experience on it we are wanted around the world!

That is how prestigious it is and how well known it is among other medical professionals.

Do this. The next time you are with your doctor...just ask him what they know about the Texas Medical Center. I bet they would tell you that it would have been an honor to have been able to go to school there and train in the TMC.

Don't wait for me. Do your own research. But be sure to ask your doctor!!!
Somebody here would make a great Scientologist ... I'm not saying' who, but ...

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
!!!???!!! WTF .???!!!??? What kind of bullcrap is this?
None it is the absolute truth. Once I realized how badly CA needed this kind of help I was eager to jump on that opportunity. I have a strong background in Blood Transfusion and along with that comes a strong understanding of CLIA and FDA regulations. So what a perfect opportunity to help the Bay Area raise its standards. Believe me the Medical Directors and Lab Directors love me! I help them not to get dinged by inspectors. And at the same time I can teach the Lab Personnel what compliance is about. Most of them have no clue...which is so bizarre to me. I was thoroughly trained at M.D. Anderson and all throughout the TMC in compliance and regulatory laws. I know they don't teach that out here. The students rotate all over CA hospitals including UCSF and Stanford...but are not taught these things. Seem very strange to me and certainly behind times. I enjoy helping to raise the standards in healthcare!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:52 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Somebody here would make a great Scientologist ... I'm not saying' who, but ...
Whatever floats your boat However I thought you were already one

Don't forget to ask you doctor about the TMC!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
U.S. News Best Hospitals: Orthopedics

Cedar-Sinai 12

Baylor 17

We win for ortho.

Cedar-Sinai is on my list already though.

Huntington Memorial is added to my list though as they are number 18. They are in Pasadena. Just a regular little hospital 18th best in the US for ortho.
I would not go to anyone but these guys for orthopedics!

Texas Medical Center Location - Bone and Joint Clinic of Houston, Medical Center Location

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 AM

I would like to report that CA has more hospitals with nationally ranked specialties in metro areas than Texas.

Best Hospitals in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas - US News Best Hospitals

In fact CA has more nationally ranked specialties just in Southern CA than all of Texas.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
I'm partial to Kerlan-Jobe myself. Sent Dr. Jobe a few patients that the doc said had to see him.

That's if the patient is in southern CA though.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
News flash...YOU FREAKING LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!!! You came from TX apparently. It's not that hard to go back where you came if you like it better. I did it it! Be gone already.
Why should I

But hey if I ever need serious medical help...I will be on a Super Sonic back to the TMC for treatment. Without a second thought!

Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I'm partial to Kerlan-Jobe myself. Sent Dr. Jobe a few patients that the doc said had to see him.

That's if the patient is in southern CA though.
I am partial to Dr. Granberry. He comes from a lineage of Ortho Docs. It's in his blood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California