Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 PM

364 posts, read 611,212 times

Advertisements

How to reply without breaking the "thou shall not discuss immigration" rule?

Put it this way. California is not broke because of Bush, Wall Street or guys wearing suits. It's technically insolvent in large part because of a huge drag from people who come here with no skills to take jobs that don't pay enough to support them. The employers who hire them win, but the real cost of having them here falls on taxpayers who subsidize their food, housing, medical care, schooling and jailing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 03:07 PM

Location: Overlooking the vineyards, olive groves, cattle and horses in the hills of San Miguel CA
167 posts, read 336,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
Yes it is true: There is gang activity in California's big cities. Illegal immigrants are destroying the place (certainly if you count economic destruction) and "hispanics" are a majority. But even thought it's the truth you are not supposed to talk about it. That makes you a bad person. Or at least that's what some people try to tell you.
Fear-mongering posts like this bs above are definitely more at home on the Alabama forums... this sounds like the Old South fearing 'their black folks' would rise up and *****-slap the white majority... if there were an Hispanic/black majority in the South it would make the South a LOT safer and more pleasant... many white folks, or at least a 'certain kind' of white folks said the same about Irish, Jewish and Chinese immigrants over the centuries... by all accounts save Fox News, they have only made this country stronger, more diverse more interesting and more AMERICAN.

White-trash, 'low-information-voter' urban and rural doorknobs who believe Fox News is the redneck New York Times are bent on destroying the potential for security AND diversity in CA, now and going forward... Hawaii (white minority), TX (same), NM and AZ (almost if not virtually ditto) seem to be doing just fine without white supremacist brownshirts patrolling the cities and countryside to keep The Majority White in those states...

The old Aryan Nations (neighbors of mine in the mountains east of Seattle and The Order on Whidby Island for years) chestnut "Racial Purity Is America's Security!" should be the slogan for Fox News... do you know that the flat brim, neck-tattooed, baggy-pants, lowrider SUV white folks around the state represent just as much if not significantly more corrosive an element and threat to CA's well-being and future than any Hispanic gangs/illegal immigrants? Most the latter work harder and longer than you could possibly keep up with just to give their kids a better future... Hispanics are the new Anglos in CA... so much the better, I say. They have to do better at helping this state to go forward safely and hopefully.

CA 'subsidizes' WAY more slow-rollin' crackers that I see everywhere who seem to have quite the handle on exploiting CA's Welfare, Unemployment and Medi-Cal fueled black-market Oxy as well as sustaining and growing the more traditional freelance businesses like Meth, Coke and Heroin sales, which CA THEN subsidizes via the Penal System and various emergency trauma-unit (read: GSW-fest) around the state as a Traditional Family Lifestyle here in the Golden State.

You live in a frakken' fantasyland that resembles Epcot Center, not CA. But keep on playin' that tune... the Fox News Deliverance Banjo Team is still taking applicants... should be second nature to lean on a post while you wait in line dreaming of a cigarette for Team Fearful Caucasion... good luck with that.

Last edited by threepounduniverse; 02-17-2014 at 03:37 PM..

Old 02-18-2014, 06:07 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
^^^Facefull of truth right there. +1

Were we all not immigrants once? Should we simply say, "Well now that we're here, F the rest of you! This is OUR land!"
But at least Captain Sunshine did finally allude to an important factor: It's the jobs that big business (especially agro) provides specifically for these folks that are the draw. Strange that the party of big business would bark so loudly against this very profit-maximizing practice that some of their largest, most loyal contributors execute with grand proficiency. Even successfully creating a neo-slave-labor class they can exploit to their accounts' content! It's a virtual Cirque De Monsanto!

But that's CA. There are plenty of pasty white Pleasantville towns in CO, surely safe from "those" people, if that's what is preferred. Of course, even those comfy residents will sooner or later consume of the produce that was picked by...who were we talking about?

Old 02-19-2014, 07:14 PM

16 posts, read 23,660 times
I've read all comments,now stoping this safety and economic comparision and starting a simpler one:which state has the most friendly people,considering almost all of them(disconsider south states and the very cold ones)?

Old 02-19-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latxc View Post
I've read all comments,now stoping this safety and economic comparision and starting a simpler one:which state has the most friendly people,considering almost all of them(disconsider south states and the very cold ones)?
Hard to simplify friendliness when of those states has 7-8x as many people as the other.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Hard to simplify friendliness when of those states has 7-8x as many people as the other.
ok,trying to be a little bit more specific,a state that combines friendly people,good climate,safety and a good urban/outside scenery

if you prefer you can name cities too

Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
ok,trying to be a little bit more specific,a state that combines friendly people,good climate,safety and a good urban/outside scenery
Hawaii?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Hawaii?
I've never heard about good universities there,so I think it's out of my planning

Old 02-20-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I've never heard about good universities there,so I think it's out of my planning
How about a pretend university? Online!

Could still enjoy lovely black sand beaches and luaus.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
How about a pretend university? Online!

Could still enjoy lovely black sand beaches and luaus.
I think it's too dry for me,I have some respiratory problems,maybe it could get worst there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California