Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 03:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,580,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The only Mexicans who would be offended by the American flag would be the Mecha/Aztlan loonies, and offending them should be the goal of every American citizen.

Those wearing or carrying the AMERICAN flag bow to no one Those that are offended can leave, if they need bus fare , I will be the first one to donate. BYE!
Also I wonder if the school took down the flag flying at the school too?!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 07:09 PM

9 posts, read 18,303 times
ReConquista helped by rad progressives

daryl steinberg /van jones/ kamela harris/newsom/jerry brown etc
california was taken away from mx by force (sigh) therefore the party

therefore it is being returned but in better condition

Old 02-28-2014, 07:31 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,977,291 times
Where was the ACLU in this case?

Old 02-28-2014, 08:13 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,514,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
I agree with you on this. I question the wisdom of the school for having such an event in the first place.
Do they provide the same level of cultural appreciation for all racial/ethnic groups? That's the sad rub when doing something like this; someone is bound to be offended, so unless such days are planned for all racial/ethnic groups, it may be better to just not have them at all.
Exactly. Singling out one nationality/ethnicity for special recognition is just an invitation to a scenario like that. In light of them continuing with this preferential situation the decision is nothing more than thug censorship.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Exactly. Singling out one nationality/ethnicity for special recognition is just an invitation to a scenario like that. In light of them continuing with this preferential situation the decision is nothing more than thug censorship.
I totally agree!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
The only Mexicans who would be offended by the American flag would be the Mecha/Aztlan loonies, and offending them should be the goal of every American citizen.

Everytime I show up at some family parties...

Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
^^This. And I think we pretty much will all agree with 18montclair on this. I'm not a flag waving nationalist by any means. However, I am still an American and if anyone told me I could not display the flag if I chose, guess I'll be paying fines and/or jail time. I have many relatives who've sacrificed a lot protecting this country in our military. One who's grave I used to visit in Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno. I'm not one who is easily offended as most of you know. However I hope this idiotic school district understands that telling Americans that they can't show their own flag can be much more offensive than the offense claimed by those at that school.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:12 AM

17 posts, read 21,204 times
Haven't you figured out that this state caters to the Mexicans? They get preferential treatment above everyone else. Every state document just about is printed in Spanish. Why not all the other languages? If you speak Russian, German, Italian etc. your out of luck. If they don't want to act like Americans, we should throw them the hell out!!

This is why I'm trying to leave California. It's never going to get better, just worse and worse.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:02 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP77 View Post
Haven't you figured out that this state caters to the Mexicans? They get preferential treatment above everyone else. Every state document just about is printed in Spanish. Why not all the other languages? If you speak Russian, German, Italian etc. your out of luck. If they don't want to act like Americans, we should throw them the hell out!!

This is why I'm trying to leave California. It's never going to get better, just worse and worse.
I wonder if we're going to have a "Ukrainian" situation here anytime soon.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,847,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP77 View Post

This is why I'm trying to leave California.
Trying? All you have to do is head east from Fresno and don't look back. Not that hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California